Hey all, New to the forum, question on tinted windows

hondabuster

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav hybrid ,tacoma
I just ordered a XLT Maverick today, and unfortunetly the dealship isnt up on all the details of the Maverick,
does anyone know about the tinted windows? I know all the marketing videos show the back windows deeply tinted, yet no where have I been able to find... are they standard on all ? or which package includes them
Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe that the XLT and Lariat trims come with what Ford calls Privacy Glass - dark tinted rear door windows and the back windshield.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like tinted rear passenger windows are becoming standard now on all makes and models even the base models.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
When I ordered an XL, the salesman told me that tinted windows come standard on XLT and Lariat. I opted to have the XL windows tinted as a dealer add-on.

Sponsored

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know what % tint they use on the rear off hand? Want to have the front windows tinted to match.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
I hope so too. They included a charge for the window tint, but we'll see what it actually gets delivered with. I'm going to make a point of getting a look at it before they do anything. If I'm satisfied with how it comes from the factory, I'll just have them remove the charge.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know what % tint they use on the rear off hand? Want to have the front windows tinted to match.
If it is as dark as a previous Ford I had with factory privacy glass, you won't be able to match the front door's tint to the back doors and rear windshield as in a lot of states it is illegal to tint beyond 30% black. Check your state's DMV for window tinting regulations for front doors.

Sponsored

Milkaholics

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the factory tinted windows do well to block light/heat as real tints do, or are they more like darkly-colored glass. My '12 pathfinder has dark windows, but it appears to basically be a dark colored glass that offers no real advantage since I can't legally tint them any further. I appreciate any reply.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered a XLT Maverick today, and unfortunetly the dealship isnt up on all the details of the Maverick,
does anyone know about the tinted windows? I know all the marketing videos show the back windows deeply tinted, yet no where have I been able to find... are they standard on all ? or which package includes them
The back windows are not actually tinted in that they are "privacy glass" which prevents visible spectrum light from traveling from inside to outside so they prevent anyone on the outside from seeing what's on the inside and block none of light and UV from entering the cab. However those who are on the inside looking out can see perfectly well and the rear one from the inside looking out is only slightly more darker than the untreated front side door. I have 30% ceramic tint which supposedly block more UV and heat transmission than the regular tint. I have 20% ceramic on rear doors as well as the back glass with the slider. There is a difference looking from the inside through the 20% and the 30% but very little (I suppose 10% but would guess it looks less than that). 30% is as dark as Texas allows on front side windows. This is as I understand it. Check out to your own satisfaction.

mswillis5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Privacy Glass has the tint in the Window. You can see through but it is darker.

Ford Maverick Hey all, New to the forum, question on tinted windows 20220321_165308

After tinting: 30% front - 5% rear on top of factory privacy glass (Legal in AZ)
Ford Maverick Hey all, New to the forum, question on tinted windows 20220411_152148 (1)
Sponsored