Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-slashes-mustang-bronco-f-series-production/ar-AAKNEQM

The chip shortage just keeps getting worse…
While everyone was wowed by the premier of the all-electric Ford Lightning pickup truck, Ford quietly let a bomb drop: it would be temporarily closing 8 factories, cutting production of the Mustang, Bronco Sport, and F-Series.

Three Ford facilities will be shut down for 2 weeks: Flat Rock Assembly plant (where the Mustang is made) from the week of May 31 through the week of June 7, Chicago Assembly Plant for the same time period, and the Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico for the weeks of June 21 and June 28. Meanwhile, the Dearborn Truck and Kansas City Assembly plants will both be shuttered for 2 weeks, starting the week of May 31, plus experience a 3rd week of reduced production schedules starting on June 14.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:poop:
dangit
Could be worse though, eh?

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd venture to guess the Maverick will be delayed some just like everything else. But, better than 2023 like my former Bronco was gonna be!

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-slashes-mustang-bronco-f-series-production/ar-AAKNEQM

The chip shortage just keeps getting worse…
While everyone was wowed by the premier of the all-electric Ford Lightning pickup truck, Ford quietly let a bomb drop: it would be temporarily closing 8 factories, cutting production of the Mustang, Bronco Sport, and F-Series.

Three Ford facilities will be shut down for 2 weeks: Flat Rock Assembly plant (where the Mustang is made) from the week of May 31 through the week of June 7, Chicago Assembly Plant for the same time period, and the Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico for the weeks of June 21 and June 28. Meanwhile, the Dearborn Truck and Kansas City Assembly plants will both be shuttered for 2 weeks, starting the week of May 31, plus experience a 3rd week of reduced production schedules starting on June 14.
These dates are already past

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But, better than 2023 like my former Bronco was gonna be!
Tell me about it. They just sent another email basically saying they’re giving us the same pricing through 2023 because they’re still having issues with hardtops. And anything other than MIC is 2023. Haha

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I'm pretty sure this is old news. When the ceo was on cnbc explaining the cuts it was a few weeks ago

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell me about it. They just sent another email basically saying they’re giving us the same pricing through 2023 because they’re still having issues with hardtops. And anything other than MIC is 2023. Haha
Yup - that was the final Bronco straw for me, unfortunately.

OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm pretty sure this is old news. When the ceo was on cnbc explaining the cuts it was a few weeks ago
that's what I thought too since some of the dates had already passed, but if you read the article it's mentioning things to come in last week of June and some in July. I went back and looked at the tag line to see how old the publish date and it shows:

Steven Symes 6 hrs ago

No mention of it being an edited or updated article either and the stuff about Bronco Sport and Maverick at Hermosillo is relevant now...
Add this shutdown to the info a guy gave us about his wife/gf working on Maverick CVT line that starts up late July and you can infer Maverick deliveries pretty far into 4th quarter 2021.

Sponsored

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's what I thought too since some of the dates had already passed, but if you read the article it's mentioning things to come in last week of June and some in July. I went back and looked at the tag line to see how old the publish date and it shows:

Steven Symes 6 hrs ago

No mention of it being an edited or updated article either and the stuff about Bronco Sport and Maverick at Hermosillo is relevant now...
Add this shutdown to the info a guy gave us about his wife/gf working on Maverick CVT line that starts up late July and you can infer Maverick deliveries pretty far into 4th quarter 2021.
I saw that too, but maybe he sourced it from the cnbc interview

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
I believe the scheduled start of production for the Maverick isn’t until August, so a shutdown in June/July doesn’t really seem applicable.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw that too, but maybe he sourced it from the cnbc interview
if you reprint someone else's source material without giving them credit- isn't that plagiarism?

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you reprint someone else's source material without giving them credit- isn't that plagiarism?
I think that's if you copy it word for word. Who knows

I'm pretty sure it was a live interview on cnbc.

I just have my fingers crossed we get it in fall.
Sponsored