Sponsored

here is how dealer "GET" money from customer, and why you need to wait that long for a new vehicle

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well aware, assuming it IS his Maverick. Question I have and stated is this really his ordered Maverick? Only op can confirm by verifying with his VIN.
Sorry, I thought you were saying you didn't see the OP's post about ordering it.
You're just saying you don't believe him, and he needs to prove it to you with a VIN.

But... How can I be sure it's really you saying that?

Only you can confirm by verifying with your SSN. :sneaky:
Sponsored

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No that's not what I'm saying, I have no doubt he had ordered one, but we have already seen several examples on here where a dealer has called a client ahead of his pre-ordered mav arriving and offering another (with a markup) so he gets it earlier. Then if he takes it the dealer also sells his original one at a markup. Here in Ontario they can't sell above MSRP so they play other games, ie forced financing, lowballing trades, dealer item added items, etc. No where near as prevalent as on your side of the border but it does happen. Just wanted OP to be clear on the actual situation.

Tazgarde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid2015 Honda CBR300RA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked up my Mav on Monday, having met with the finance office the previous Wednesday. I also wanted to buy it outright and they gave me a song and dance about needing special permission to allow me to pay in full and something about reselling the vehicle and the black market and the US. I don't think what I do with my vehicle after I buy it is any of their business, or concern, but whatever. As mentioned above, they said the loan was open ended and I could pay it off once it gets set up, so that's the plan. Not sure if there is a penalty or not, but we'll find out soon.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here in Ontario the is no automatic ability to pay off an auto loan with a dealer early without penalty, it depends on how it is written. What I would do in this case is take financing with the dealer but make sure there is a clause written in there limiting what the prepayment penalty is (typically 3 months of interest). On home mortgages I believe this is mandated by law but not sure on a car loan. In any case, make sure you have a document signed by both parties, that you agree with. If you say put down 10K, finance 30K, 3 months interest would likely be about 3-400, not worth losing you mav over..
So what dealership is this? Sounds fishy and not sure we're getting the whole story. Dealers here seem to be much more on the up and up compared to south of us but ymmv...
my thoughts exactly

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the lowest amount you can finance? Could you just say ok, I will finance, then finance $2k and put a $28k or w/e downpayment?

Sponsored

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some good points here for sure. Taz please get back to us with the results. Interesting question you have too Wes. We crazy canucks need to understand the differences here in Canada.

Hopefully the op also comes back with more info.

Tazgarde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is the lowest amount you can finance? Could you just say ok, I will finance, then finance $2k and put a $28k or w/e downpayment?
I was told 10k was the minimum finance. I was going to ask for $1 bi-weekly for 36 months if they were going to make me finance.

Tazgarde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some good points here for sure. Taz please get back to us with the results. Interesting question you have too Wes. We crazy canucks need to understand the differences here in Canada.

Hopefully the op also comes back with more info.
I've bookmarked the thread so hopefully I can remember to reply when I get an answer.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds fishy and not sure we're getting the whole story.
No that's not what I'm saying, I have no doubt he had ordered one, but we have already seen several examples on here where a dealer has called a client ahead of his pre-ordered mav arriving and offering another (with a markup) so he gets it earlier. Then if he takes it the dealer also sells his original one at a markup.
Ok, if that's your concern I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing at all in the OP's story to suggest that he was offered a different truck or asked for a markup or anything else. His story was all about financing:
  • he got an email saying "my car" would arrive sometime in May,
  • he told the dealer he would not be financing,
  • there was some back and forth about being a "shipper,"
  • then the dealer claimed he was cancelling the order.
That sounds like a pretty complete story to me. It's got it all... characters, greed, conflict, and a sad ending. :sneaky:

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Firstly, I would like to know why wouldn't you finance the car? With financing rates with Ford Canada being 3-3.49%, you're better off putting $10k down and finance the rest, keeping your cash for a) investment elsewhere, or b) emergency cash (especially during these times).
Secondly, if your VIN number is the same as the order sheet, and you have a sales contract, then sure, you can pay for your car entirely (but again, why would you).
Third, because Canadian dealers can't charge more than MSRP, they also have the right to refuse sale as well, unless you have a signed sales contract. It doesn't matter where the money comes from (either financed through your bank or credit union, or your own cash)...dealers are in the market to sell cars and make money. If the dealer makes more money financing through Ford Canada Financing, it's in their best interest 'asking you' to finance with them. So something is fishy with the OP. If I were the dealer, I wouldn't care where the money comes from, but if I did have a suspicion that you were a flipper, I would also refuse to sell to you.
It's like my watch guy, they will refuse to sell you a watch if they think you're going to flip it to a grey dealer, regardless of how much they will make on your sale. It's bad for the market, bad for the name brand, and bad for the dealership. I think there's something more to the OP's story.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think "lol just order from a different one" really covers it.

You can't order a Maverick now. You won't be able to until August. And the way things are going that August order will be more expensive and won't be filled for several months.

Check out the opening post. Specifically, the paragraph that begins with:
"I placed an order for a new 2022 Ford Maverick XL with a $1,000 deposit in August 2021..."
Oh he already had one on order? I actually missed that part. My mistake

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think "lol just order from a different one" really covers it.

You can't order a Maverick now. You won't be able to until August. And the way things are going that August order will be more expensive and won't be filled for several months.

Check out the opening post. Specifically, the paragraph that begins with:
"I placed an order for a new 2022 Ford Maverick XL with a $1,000 deposit in August 2021..."
Ps. In canada if dealer allotments are still available eco orders can still go through. I dunno why its different. 🤷‍♂️

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Firstly, I would like to know why wouldn't you finance the car? With financing rates with Ford Canada being 3-3.49%, you're better off putting $10k down and finance the rest, keeping your cash for a) investment elsewhere, or b) emergency cash (especially during these times).
Secondly, if your VIN number is the same as the order sheet, and you have a sales contract, then sure, you can pay for your car entirely (but again, why would you).
Third, because Canadian dealers can't charge more than MSRP, they also have the right to refuse sale as well, unless you have a signed sales contract. It doesn't matter where the money comes from (either financed through your bank or credit union, or your own cash)...dealers are in the market to sell cars and make money. If the dealer makes more money financing through Ford Canada Financing, it's in their best interest 'asking you' to finance with them. So something is fishy with the OP. If I were the dealer, I wouldn't care where the money comes from, but if I did have a suspicion that you were a flipper, I would also refuse to sell to you.
It's like my watch guy, they will refuse to sell you a watch if they think you're going to flip it to a grey dealer, regardless of how much they will make on your sale. It's bad for the market, bad for the name brand, and bad for the dealership. I think there's something more to the OP's story.
This is a more eloquent way of saying what i meant earlier haha thanks for this. We have a thing in this forum about taking every complaint story at face value but not giving any dealer the benefit of the doubt lol i dunno why this has to happen.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I'm hopping for no shenanigans when mine comes in. Fingers crossed. . .