Sponsored

Helpful tool for visualizing differences between ESP deductibles.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
I made a spreadsheet with all coverage options, but this image gets one important point across. Basically, ask yourself how many claims you think you will need over the life of the warranty. Then choose the deductible that corresponds with the lowest total dollars paid out for that number of claims. The example image here is displaying total costs for a 10 year/100,000 mile Premium Plan. As you can see, the only way the $200 deductible makes sense, is if you think you will only ever have one claim (which frankly, if you think you will only have one claim over 10/100k you should not buy any ESP). If you think there will be 7 or more claims, then zero deductible is the only option that makes sense.

I have highlighted the best choices for each quantity of claims- I would add that, if it is not obvious, if there is a tie, go with the lower deductible in case you have more claims than anticipated.

Use this in conjunction with the stickied spreadsheet that compares the coverages each plan offers. And on that other spreadsheet, I recommend downloading it, then deleting everything that does not apply to your truck- like all the diesel stuff, and if you have FWD you can delete everything AWD/4WD, and if you have an XL you can delete a lot of the high tech stuff.

Ford Maverick Helpful tool for visualizing differences between ESP deductibles. a1a1
Sponsored