Help!

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Maybe our Maverick community could help me with my issue. I have a Maverick XLT that has been in transit over a month and the ETA has been moved back trice. I called Ford today and they told me it says "delayed, non-normal event" and they didn't know what that meant. The agent said he's never seen that before. Does anyone know what that means? Sounds like an accident or maybe chip shortage. My dealer told me it is in Chicago right now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe our Maverick community could help me with my issue. I have a Maverick XLT that has been in transit over a month and the ETA has been moved back trice. I called Ford today and they told me it says "delayed, non-normal event" and they didn't know what that meant. The agent said he's never seen that before. Does anyone know what that means? Sounds like an accident or maybe chip shortage. My dealer told me it is in Chicago right now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
FordVideoGuy, in Salinas, mentioned that they had trucks stuck in Kansas City with no semi carriers to ship to their dealership and they aren't allowed to go get them. I suspect there is a delay in finding a transport out of Chicago.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s built, it’s on its way…. You’re way ahead of everyone else, why fret n fuss, it will get there 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Reminds me of the infamous "damaged in transit" Maverick going to Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach. Very tragic...

OP
OP

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
It’s built, it’s on its way…. You’re way ahead of everyone else, why fret n fuss, it will get there 🤷🏾‍♂️
I hope you are right. It has been in shipped status since February so my fret is warranted I think.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine sat in the railyard in Chicago for almost 3 weeks, its not that unusual these days.

OP
OP

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Reminds me of the infamous "damaged in transit" Maverick going to Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach. Very tragic...
That would be tragic. I ordered it 7 months ago

OP
OP

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine sat in the railyard in Chicago for almost 3 weeks, its not that unusual these days.
As long as it gets here safe and sound is all I'm worried about.

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
That would be tragic. I ordered it 7 months ago
There are 38 pages of postings regarding the infamous "damaged in transit" Maverick and Gary Yeomans Ford. If you have some spare time, do a search of this forum. It's an interesting read...

OP
OP

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
There are 38 pages of postings regarding the infamous "damaged in transit" Maverick and Gary Yeomans Ford. If you have some spare time, do a search of this forum. It's an interesting read...
Will do. Thanks. Thankfully mine is not going through Yeomans

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
This may help

16216D75-6D9B-49E0-964A-2E10E9208A5B.jpeg
Thanks for this. My Maverick shipped 05/11 with a 06/05-06/11 ETA. 06/06 it was received in Dixiana SC, 3 hours from my dealership.

Now its 06/14 and I called Ford and they told me the new ETA is 07/05-07/11 due to a Plant Hold???

it’s been shipped across the country and is almost at my dealership, but there’s a plant hold? My dealer rep has no idea why or what that means and said he can’t find out.

If anyone else has experienced this I would love to know what it means or how long the delay actually is.

Reactions: Aza

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for this. My Maverick shipped 05/11 with a 06/05-06/11 ETA. 06/06 it was received in Dixiana SC, 3 hours from my dealership.

Now its 06/14 and I called Ford and they told me the new ETA is 07/05-07/11 due to a Plant Hold???

it’s been shipped across the country and is almost at my dealership, but there’s a plant hold? My dealer rep has no idea why or what that means and said he can’t find out.

If anyone else has experienced this I would love to know what it means or how long the delay actually is.
Wonder what that is all about. Mine is only 2 hours away from my dealer. I contacted Ford yesterday and they said June 18th was expected delivery. Wonder if I would get the same plant hold response as you if I contact them again today.

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Wonder what that is all about. Mine is only 2 hours away from my dealer. I contacted Ford yesterday and they said June 18th was expected delivery. Wonder if I would get the same plant hold response as you if I contact them again today.
Yours is in Dixiana too?
Mine is going to Kernersville, NC, about 3 hours north. If you got an ETA from Dixiana for 06/18 I’ll feel slightly more optimistic.
Sponsored