First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cleaning the interior this morning on our XLT I noticed a push button switch located on the end of the turn signal stalk and cannot figure out its function. After spending some time with my owners manual I cannot find any reference to this switch. Your help would be appreciated!

Ford Maverick Help identifying switch at end of turn signal stalk 58ABD6DF-9D26-42D4-8BC3-EE35CBCA13BB
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lane keep assist/lane departure warning - part of the CP360.

OP
OP
Rflick

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lane keep assist/lane departure warning - part of the CP360.
That's right. Turns it on or off. You can go into the driver assist/aids menu and fine tune it to your preference.

OP
OP
Rflick

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's right. Turns it on or off. You can go into the driver assist/aids menu and fine tune it to your preference.
Thanks for the details on its use!

Sponsored

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cleaning the interior this morning on our XLT I noticed a push button switch located on the end of the turn signal stalk and cannot figure out its function. After spending some time with my owners manual I cannot find any reference to this switch. Your help would be appreciated!

58ABD6DF-9D26-42D4-8BC3-EE35CBCA13BB.jpeg
I would suggest you spend sometime with your owners Manuel so you know what is what. It took me about 4 hours to master all the set ups. When you get to the maps read All the paragraphs about notifying your insurane carrier.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
I would suggest you spend sometime with your owners Manuel so you know what is what. It took me about 4 hours to master all the set ups. When you get to the maps read All the paragraphs about notifying your insurane carrier.
Can you elaborate? I don’t yet have a Maverick. The 2022’s don’t have maps/navigation. So what exactly are you telling your insurance company about?

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
in the Ford pass connect app which comes with the truck Select the APP and it will take you to pass port connect. Two possible selections 1 . Vehicle hotspot 2. Connectivity Settings. Select this one and it brings up 4 options Vehicle Connectivity, location, veh. Data & remote control then Insurance related data. This is the one I turn off because it is a problem in my mind this setting allows ford to allow your driving habits with insurance companies. For me it is the principle of the data sharing . I do not believe I drive badly but the insurance company could have a different opinion. I keep this feature turned off along with my location on my cell phone in the car and use my Garmin GPS or IPad which is not connected to the car. I do not believe people need to know where and what I am doing. I know Garmin but that is enough.

I down loaded the PDF owners manual and quick start reference booklet before I got the Maverick to study up on it because I have a Lariat 2.0 Ecombust, all wheel drive , towing and co-pilot 360. This is a lot of option on the steering wheel, the center screen menue and the big screen with the radio and other stuff. The terminology gets confusing at times as where I need to go to set something up..

I have the manuals on my IPad for easy access. There is a third owners manual that is interactive but I prefer the PDF file. I am 77 not 20 so I am a bit slower. Before I retired my coworkers would refer to me a computer abuser not a user. I started working with computers in the 70’s as I writer for manuals so in my opinion there is room to make the user manual a bit more user friendly.

I do recommend getting familiar with the manual before you take delivery. During the test Drive with the salesman he will go over all the features. It was almost sensory overload. Since the original set up I have turned off the steering assist and braking.

I love the truck.
Good Luck

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
in the Ford pass connect app which comes with the truck Select the APP and it will take you to pass port connect. Two possible selections 1 . Vehicle hotspot 2. Connectivity Settings. Select this one and it brings up 4 options Vehicle Connectivity, location, veh. Data & remote control then Insurance related data. This is the one I turn off because it is a problem in my mind this setting allows ford to allow your driving habits with insurance companies. For me it is the principle of the data sharing . I do not believe I drive badly but the insurance company could have a different opinion. I keep this feature turned off along with my location on my cell phone in the car and use my Garmin GPS or IPad which is not connected to the car. I do not believe people need to know where and what I am doing. I know Garmin but that is enough.

I down loaded the PDF owners manual and quick start reference booklet before I got the Maverick to study up on it because I have a Lariat 2.0 Ecombust, all wheel drive , towing and co-pilot 360. This is a lot of option on the steering wheel, the center screen menue and the big screen with the radio and other stuff. The terminology gets confusing at times as where I need to go to set something up..

I have the manuals on my IPad for easy access. There is a third owners manual that is interactive but I prefer the PDF file. I am 77 not 20 so I am a bit slower. Before I retired my coworkers would refer to me a computer abuser not a user. I started working with computers in the 70’s as I writer for manuals so in my opinion there is room to make the user manual a bit more user friendly.

I do recommend getting familiar with the manual before you take delivery. During the test Drive with the salesman he will go over all the features. It was almost sensory overload. Since the original set up I have turned off the steering assist and braking.

I love the truck.
Good Luck
You do have maps as part of the Ford Connect.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope my wife never reads this thread. I told her the button controls what happens to the passenger seat, but refused to elaborate. ;)

Sponsored

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope my wife never reads this thread. I told her the button controls what happens to the passenger seat, but refused to elaborate. ;)
It is on page 231 In the PDF owners manual under lane keeping system.

OP
OP
Rflick

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is on page 231 In the PDF owners manual under lane keeping system.
Found it , thanks for the information I appreciate it!
Sponsored