PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, I'm mildly annoyed by the auto headlights taking 15 seconds to turn on when going into a tunnel or parking garage. I know, I have a perfectly functional hand to operate the dial but with a light sensor I might as well tweak it to be faster :)

Trouble is, I found there is no option in easy mode in the BdyCM in Forscan for that, and after researching the forscan forums and F150 spredsheets everybody says location 726-26-01 is for configuring a slow (15 sencond) or fast (2 second) delay for the light sensor. Quoted from this spreadsheet for the 2020 F-150 (which I found here):

726-26-01x*xxxxxxxxxxAmbient Light Sensor Present Cfg0=Not Present, 1=Present
726-26-01xxx*xxxxxxxxAmbient Light Sensor Type Cfg0=Slow_FNA (Autolamp Only), 1=Fast_ROW (Autolamp Sunload)
Slow_FNA=15 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark.
Fast_ROW=2 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark.

Problem is, the maverick comes by default with the value set to sensor not present. Weird, as it is obviously there and working just fine. The fact that it is also set to slow_fna is pretty much irrelevant considering the previous point.

Trying to set the sensor present to 1, setting the sensor tyoe to Fast_ROW, or both to present and fast at the same time, results in a failure to write due to incompatible config. Seems like this is completely diferent in the mav.

Any ideas? Has anybody been able to decode the maverick-specific forscan settings?

P.S. I already messed with the Autolamp Delay setting, it doesnt affect the time to auto-ON.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MavRio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, I'm mildly annoyed by the auto headlights taking 15 seconds to turn on when going into a tunnel or parking garage. I know, I have a perfectly functional hand to operate the dial but with a light sensor I might as well tweak it to be faster :)

Trouble is, I found there is no option in easy mode in the BdyCM in Forscan for that, and after researching the forscan forums and F150 spredsheets everybody says location 726-26-01 is for configuring a slow (15 sencond) or fast (2 second) delay for the light sensor. Quoted from this spreadsheet for the 2020 F-150 (which I found here):

726-26-01x*xxxxxxxxxxAmbient Light Sensor Present Cfg0=Not Present, 1=Present
726-26-01xxx*xxxxxxxxAmbient Light Sensor Type Cfg0=Slow_FNA (Autolamp Only), 1=Fast_ROW (Autolamp Sunload)
Slow_FNA=15 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark.
Fast_ROW=2 seconds delay turning on headlamps when dark.

Problem is, the maverick comes by default with the value set to sensor not present. Weird, as it is obviously there and working just fine. The fact that it is also set to slow_fna is pretty much irrelevant considering the previous point.

Trying to set the sensor present to 1, setting the sensor tyoe to Fast_ROW, or both to present and fast at the same time, results in a failure to write due to incompatible config. Seems like this is completely diferent in the mav.

Any ideas? Has anybody been able to decode the maverick-specific forscan settings?

P.S. I already messed with the Autolamp Delay setting, it doesnt affect the time to auto-ON.
Man, I’m in the same dilemma. I’ve changed the autolamp settings in the BdyCM. But nothing happened.
I talked to the dealer since the settings available in the dash don’t work as well. It seems a software bug. I have an appointment with the dealer service next week. I will share here if I find the solution.

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ohhh, so that actually works?
Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand the instructions for 726-14-01, so in the 2 asterisks positions I need to input the milliseconds converted to hex?
I have not tested it. Let me try to link a hex to number value converter and look at the other fords that have this figured out. I can also give this a test in my garage probably as it is dark enough to kick on the headlights.

Sponsored

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Actually these pictures below match more what you are looking for than the first pictures I posted.

I would guess this is the change you should make based on these pictures and the f150 threads.

726-11-05
1xxx
Change the First digit to a 1. (it should be 0 from the factory)

726-11-04
xxxx-Dxxx-xxxx
It should be D from the factory.
Ford Maverick Help finding how to adjust auto headlight ON delay Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.09.12 PM
Ford Maverick Help finding how to adjust auto headlight ON delay Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.09.02 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoBarrancas

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually these pictures below match more what you are looking for than the first pictures I posted.

I would guess this is the change you should make based on these pictures and the f150 threads.

726-11-05
1xxx
Change the First digit to a 1. (it should be 0 from the factory)

726-11-04
xxxx-Dxxx-xxxx
It should be D from the factory.
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.09.12 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.09.02 PM.png
Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow, I use a big ole 3 D-cell maglite with an LED bulb as my artificial sun inside my garage lol.
Sponsored