Sponsored

Help deciding if it's a good idea to remove the "bed tie down locking rails" and remote start from my order?

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given that Ford is currently running a 20% off offer n accessories, and given that the above options were split off from the Lariat luxury package likely due to constraints, would it be a smart idea to remove them from my order?

Can I get the bed tie down locking rails from Ford, and would they be identical to the factory ones?

Regarding the remote start option, I know that the Ford Pass app will have that functionality, but I was thinking that having it on the fob would be more convenient. Can the factory option be added later after I take delivery?
Sponsored

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rails have a part number but no one has gotten a set yet. I bought mine used and they were missing. No luck getting them yet. NZ6Z-9955200 $320.60 retail cost.

Factory remote start on the fob is a no-go once it is built. Aftermarket maybe but that would make its own issues.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only “option” I think is worth a possible constraint for is the trailer hitch receiver. Nearly everything else I can do myself. I’d personally rather have my truck and figure out the options myself, than gamble and never get it to begin with.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only “option” I think is worth a possible constraint for is the trailer hitch receiver. Nearly everything else I can do myself. I’d personally rather have my truck and figure out the options myself, than gamble and never get it to begin with.
What he said

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had remote start on my Altima for about 4 years, probably used it 10 times total.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rails have a part number but no one has gotten a set yet. I bought mine used and they were missing. No luck getting them yet. NZ6Z-9955200 $320.60 retail cost.

Factory remote start on the fob is a no-go once it is built. Aftermarket maybe but that would make its own issues.
Plenty of oem kits with push button start for Ford. Maybe not maverick at this time but alot of models have the fob and receiver kits available and I can't see why thr mav wouldn't. Adding new fobs is easy, connect the antenna to the harness, turn on remote start via forscan.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can buy the remote start from the Ford Maverick official accessories page

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was considering the same two options for removal from my order but there is no mention of either in any constraints list I’ve seen. Anyone else see them listed somewhere?

Chrissy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2019 2d JL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it is a good idea. I have done exactly the same and removed them from my order :)

The bed rail is something that you can get after the truck got delivered. It is not an acc that must be installed in the plant it is installed at the acc shop next to the plant anyhow.

For the remote start -as the others pointed out correctly- there are little boxes sold that will give the capability to remote start your truck with your original OEM keyfobs (I have the same for my F150 and it works perfectly). Also it is a tad cheaper plus there is a chance you can take it with you to an other truck and not fixed to your truck.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys are already removing things you obviously wanted (or you wouldn't have ordered) from MY23 orders? 1.5 months before production even begins?

Weird.

OP
OP
MostlySafeBear

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys are already removing things you obviously wanted (or you wouldn't have ordered) from MY23 orders? 1.5 months before production even begins?

Weird.
It's not "weird", its called learning from others. I've been a member here and have watched people get their trucks held back from production because of unavailable options that they ordered but resisted removing.

If any options that I want can be added after production (and I did confirm that for these options), then it only makes sense to remove them, to have an increased chance of my truck getting selected for production.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not "weird", its called learning from others. I've been a member here and have watched people get their trucks held back from production because of unavailable options that they ordered.

If any options that I want can be added after production (and I did confirm that for these options), then it only makes sense to remove them, to have an increased chance of my truck getting selected for production.
Yes, but production doesn't start for a while yet. You don't know if you'd be selected for production with the options you want. And you don't know that removing them will actually speed things up. That's something we learned from MY22 - that removing stuff guarantees nothing.

I've been waiting for a year. I refused to remove anything and now, even though it was a wait, I'm getting what I wanted.

The weird part isn't that you removed constraints, it's that the order banks just closed, production is still a ways out, and people are already removing stuff.

OP
OP
MostlySafeBear

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, but production doesn't start for a while yet. You don't know if you'd be selected for production with the options you want. And you don't know that removing them will actually speed things up. That's something we learned from MY22 - that removing stuff guarantees nothing.

I've been waiting for a year. I refused to remove anything and now, even though it was a wait, I'm getting what I wanted.

The weird part isn't that you removed constraints, it's that the order banks just closed, production is still a ways out, and people are already removing stuff.
We're free to add or remove anything until our orders are frozen for production. It may not have had any effect for you, but I have read several times - between MTC and subreddits - where people were explicitly told that it would delay their trucks.

I am exercising my choice as I see fit. You do you. I hope that you get your truck, as you want it built, and I hope that it is everything you hoped for.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I very seriously considered adding the bed rails to my 23 order but decided not to because I didn’t want to put a potential constraint on my order. I may eventually add it back to my order.
Sponsored