Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
Had an issue with the @Discount Tire website when I was going to price out some tires.

I was looking at replacing the 225/60 18's that come stock with 235/65 18's when I get to the first tire change and was wanting to look at the price difference to change over.

The site essentially wouldn't even let me see pricing data when shopping by tire size because its not a stock tire for the Maverick.

I didn't feel like trying to guess what vehicles it might be stock for so I just went and priced them elsewhere.

Just thought you might want to let your web design folks know that the inability to price things by size, independent of what vehicles they go to, will cost you buisness.
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us, Brad. We certainly want to be transparent in our pricing and I apologize for the challenges you experienced when browsing our website.

Are you still experiencing this on your end? I just tried to replicate this on my end and was unable to do so.

For transparency, I searched by tire size without vehicle details entered and pricing was displayed. I also searched with vehicle information entered, then searched by size for the larger plus size, and pricing was again display.

New setup is going on tomorrow! Super fast special ordering. If anyone near Idaho is looking for a set of FX4 takeoffs with Toyo 235/65s, mine will be available tomorrow!
YAY! Can't wait to see the finished results, Matt - be sure to share a picture or two 😎

I recently got a pair of Bridgestone Blizzak Dm V2 tires for my XLT Hybrid. The process of ordering (they were not in stock at my local store) to installation a few days later was great! The local assistant manager, Sam, took great care of me and I was in and out with the new tires mounted and balanced in less than 20 minutes. My old tires were bagged and in the bed of the truck ready for me to take to storage until winter is over.

The only thing I might mention is the company's policy of always putting the new tires on the rear if you only buy two new ones. Since the Maverick Hybrid is a front wheel drive, I had to ask for the new tires to be put on the front. This was just after the tech had raised the back of the truck and was ready to remove the wheels! I had always been told that new tires should go on the front because it was less likely to have a blowout on the new tires. In any case, they were put on the front as I asked and have been performing well. All in all a good experience! (y)
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Steve! I'm pleased to hear Sam got you taken care of.

Our default axle position for two tire only purchases is the rear, however, we can change the axle position upon request.

Thank you for your support!

Can discount install coil springs with alignment ? Thx
Thank you for thinking of us Nw_adventure!

Although there are a handful of Discount Tire locations piloting alignment service, we do not install suspension components such as shocks and springs at this time. My apologies for any inconvenience!

glad to hear you are part of the Mav Club, I am looking to move my business from a competitor because they screwed me over because they knew I trusted them. they've done all my work on tires for 17 leased cars and my personal cars. I think because I've owned a few Porsches they thought I didn't care when they over charged me for a tire/wheel swap. I have always swapped my summer wheels and winter wheels until this year; due to 5 surgeries I asked them to do so. I got charged for 4 new valve stems and balancing on wheels and tires they installed. FOOL ME ONCE --- I have my new winter wheels already, just not my Maverick. I'll get new snows when it comes in and you people have my business. I've dealt with Tire Rack and liked their service. We should have a good time.
We certainly would love the opportunity to earn your business, Randy!
Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Discount Tire I tried again just now and there is an option to search without entering a vehicle. Either it wasn't showing for me when I was trying to look or I just didn't see it.

I do have old eyes and the option is in kind of fine print, so it may have been on me. Also, once selected I'm able to continue without having to hit it again.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought snow tires for steelies and these rims for stock tires from Discount Tire. Very happy with both.
Ford Maverick Hello from Discount Tire!!! IMG_20221023_112236~2

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had an issue with the @Discount Tire website when I was going to price out some tires.

I was looking at replacing the 225/60 18's that come stock with 235/65 18's when I get to the first tire change and was wanting to look at the price difference to change over.

The site essentially wouldn't even let me see pricing data when shopping by tire size because its not a stock tire for the Maverick.

I didn't feel like trying to guess what vehicles it might be stock for so I just went and priced them elsewhere.

Just thought you might want to let your web design folks know that the inability to price things by size, independent of what vehicles they go to, will cost you buisness.
I priced by size without having any vehicle selected if I remember correctly.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I priced by size without having any vehicle selected if I remember correctly.
After I originally selected price by size it brought up a screen asking for vehicle. At the bottom of the screen in fairly fine print was an option to search without a vehicle chosen.

Now that I found it and selected it once it just let's me search by size without asking again.

Either it didn't show up the first time or I didn't see it.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heading there tomorrow to get the balancing and rotation package.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided

Mr Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT ,TOYOTA CHR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Done business with them on multiple occasions. I just purchased winter tires and rims for my maverick. Arnold Wilkerson ext 51813 for great service.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
Done business with them on multiple occasions. I just purchased winter tires and rims for my maverick. Arnold Wilkerson ext 51813 for great service.

Thank you for the support, Mike!

I'll be sure to share your Kudos with Arnold, who's apart of our Customer Care Team. He actually sits right by me :cool:

Sponsored

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@Discount Tire
If I buy from Tire Rack, does the Discount Tire Stores mount for free since Tire Rack is owned by Discount Tire?

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Discount Tire
If I buy from Tire Rack, does the Discount Tire Stores mount for free since Tire Rack is owned by Discount Tire?
I pretty much asked the same thing and they said no

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I pretty much asked the same thing and they said no
I was wondering why Tire Rack's website didn't show Discount Tires as an installer in my area.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, everyone!

We are one of Maverick Truck Club's newest official sponsors!

A little about us...

Discount Tire is America's largest independent wheel and tire retailer. We have over 1,000 locations nationwide and if you don't have a Discount Tire store nearby, the mail order division Discount Tire Direct, is available to help as well. We work very hard to make sure you get the best customer service in the industry and the lowest prices at the bottom line!

There will be three of us messaging here: Jordan, Joe and I (Matt).

We're excited to be a part of the community and we look forward to having some fun here on the site! If we can help you in any way please let us know - we're here to help!

We'll see you on the boards!
I have just returned from the local Discount Tire store have to give you all a huge shoutout thanks you. I got great service from your team here and I did identify myself as a member of this MTC. They knew about your connection. I still do not have my Maverick. I joined months before the Sept 22 order banks opening and last year I had a knee replacement and Tommy John elbow surgery. I only mention this because last fall when it came time to put on my winter rims/tires, I could not do it myself. I went to you competition where my leasing company had a contract for tires and maintenance. During my career I had 16 Ford lease cars and one chevy. The competition knew me on a first name basis. They charged me $102.00 to remove 4 summer rims and install 4 snows rims. It took an hour. I never looked at the bills, just put it on the card and left (my bad) when I got home I discovered this but decided to bring it up when they sent the satisfaction survey. The bill said they remounted 4 tires and replaced 4 valve stems, none of which I asked for and after inspection, none of which they did. They just swapped the rims. I reported my dis-satisfaction to corporate and guess what? Nothing, Nada, crickets, absolutely no response from the local shop or the corporate QA people. Never again will I darken their door frames. I called your DT shop, asked what they would charge to swap from winter to summer shoes and they said nothing. I pointed out that I would definitely be buying new snows when my truck arrives and the Kia and all the wheel/tires were installed by the car maker and the other shop. No matter, he invited me to come right in and they would do the swap for free. Thanks again and allowing me to rant. To all in the MTC family, THIS IS HOW BUSINESS FRIENDSHIPS ARE MADE AND MAINTAINED. It was taught to me that; it is always easier to keep a good customer than to find a new one. You have found one and I look forward to the ease of a future of vehicle care.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
Wow! Thank you for the shout out, AND your patronage.

Hoping that the Maverick shows up soon. (Keep us updated!).

Praying for a speedy recovery. I hope you feel better fast!
Sponsored