Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was extremely pleased to have discount tire buy my new take offs & install new Nokian all weather tires. At 10k the Nokians have been great. Thanks discount tire.
Discount tire wouldnt buy my new take offs. I was going to trade tires and pay the difference. They lost out on my business.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
Had my first experience with you guys recently, one morning I noticed that I had a nail in my Mav tire, stopped at discount on my way into work and you guys pulled the nail and plugged the tire free of charge. I was pleasantly surprised, you made a return customer with that.
Punctures are never fun to deal as they always come unexpectedly. Glad to hear the crew got you back on the road safely!

In addition to free tire inspection and repairs, rotation service is always FREE at Discount Tire for passenger cars and non-dually light trucks, regardless of where the tires were purchased or installed :cool:

Id recommend Discount Tire get some training for their employees on Audi and VW vehicles. Vehicles have a recommended torque sequence and they do not know how to do it or even care to do it when provided with the necessary materials showing exactly how to do it.
Thank you for your feedback, James. I apologize your visits did not go the way you had expected them to. I'd like to learn more, I hope you don't mind me sending you a PM.

I haven’t had the chance to buy from you since I moved from Arizona, but I may order some tires soon for the car that will get sold to pay for the Maverick.

Side question, what do you folks @Discount Tire have for 235 or 255 /60/15? ;)
Thank you for your previous business @AURktman and hello from Phoenix, AZ!

We certainly want to help with the next set! Hope you don't mind me sending you a PM to review your options.

Discount tire wouldnt buy my new take offs. I was going to trade tires and pay the difference. They lost out on my business.
I'm sorry to hear we lost out on your business, Larry. Our stores will sometimes offer trade-in credit on slightly used tires, however, it all depends on the demand for said tire/size in the given area.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I’m out of the loop because I’m a Canadian, but why are there four pages of comments just telling a corporation how good they are? What are the benefits of them being on the board if not for a discount?

Not trying to be rude, just seems weird to me.
In my thinking their prices are that good for everyone. They are almost everywhere I travel so warranty is everywhere they or subsidiaries are they price match most deals any competitor has unless its a super clearance below competition prices. Their warranty certificates make manufacturer warranty claims easy as claims are immediate and calculated by location manager based on damage and treadwear. Most managers will trade oem tires and/or rims for replacements (best deals are for very slightly used OEM tires with less than 100-200 miles so head over to discount when leaving Ford dealership after purchase. At some locations you can preorder tires/rims one or several days before picking up your truck). Also if you buy tires from them you get free rotations for life of tread. EVERY TIRE YOU EVER BOUGHT THERE IS ON THEIR COMPUTER = đź‘Ťđź‘Ť. Etc.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my thinking their prices are that good for everyone. They are almost everywhere I travel so warranty is everywhere they or subsidiaries are they price match most deals any competitor has unless its a super clearance below competition prices. Their warranty certificates make manufacturer warranty claims easy as claims are immediate and calculated by location manager based on damage and treadwear. Most managers will trade oem tires and/or rims for replacements (best deals are for very slightly used OEM tires with less than 100-200 miles so head over to discount when leaving Ford dealership after purchase. At some locations you can preorder tires/rims one or several days before picking up your truck). Also if you buy tires from them you get free rotations for life of tread. EVERY TIRE YOU EVER BOUGHT THERE IS ON THEIR COMPUTER = đź‘Ťđź‘Ť. Etc.
That’s actually interesting, especially the part about swapping new tires in. I might have to look at popping across the border one day to check them out. Up here our options aren’t great.

cheers.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s actually interesting, especially the part about swapping new tires in. I might have to look at popping across the border one day to check them out. Up here our options aren’t great.

cheers.
Call ahead on oem swaps and remember oem tires are usually made to order to certain specs by each manufacturer. Each manager at his store may or may not trade as some buyers don't like OEM tires and demand may not be great enough at his store. For instance my hybrid lariat has Michelin primacy (with Ford specs) and on Michelin's site it shows that either Ford or Toyota primacy spec tires are recommended for my car. There are many other models of the primacy series made to other specs probably slight variations in tread design and or rubber composition. If you want to switch to a full size spare one economical option would be to ask discount manager to place you on his wait list (some have one) for a matching takeoff with at least 4/32" tread.

Sponsored

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call ahead on oem swaps and remember oem tires are usually made to order to certain specs by each manufacturer. Each manager at his store may or may not trade as some buyers don't like OEM tires and demand may not be great enough at his store. For instance my hybrid lariat has Michelin primacy (with Ford specs) and on Michelin's site it shows that either Ford or Toyota primacy spec tires are recommended for my car. There are many other models of the primacy series made to other specs probably slight variations in tread design and or rubber composition. If you want to switch to a full size spare one economical option would be to ask discount manager to place you on his wait list (some have one) for a matching takeoff with at least 4/32" tread.
Thanks a lot, great suggestions.

G19Tony

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1994 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been a satisfied Discount Tire customer for 30 years. Only place I’ll go for tires.

nj-mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Discount Tire
Tire size question.
From other members posts it seems Toyo Open Country III 245/70/17 size will fit but Goodyear Wrangler 245/70/17 does not fit. Same wheels.
Can you identify tires manufacturers that are sized/constructed similar to the Toyo’s?
Are you aware of any other 245/70/17 A/T tires that fit w/out rubbing.
Thank you

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, everyone!

We are one of Maverick Truck Club's newest official sponsors!

A little about us...

Discount Tire is America's largest independent wheel and tire retailer. We have over 1,000 locations nationwide and if you don't have a Discount Tire store nearby, the mail order division Discount Tire Direct, is available to help as well. We work very hard to make sure you get the best customer service in the industry and the lowest prices at the bottom line!

There will be three of us messaging here: Jordan, Joe and I (Matt).

We're excited to be a part of the community and we look forward to having some fun here on the site! If we can help you in any way please let us know - we're here to help!

We'll see you on the boards!
I see that tire rack has ties with you now.Love this for they have the rims I like when I get me maverick in February.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
@Discount Tire
Tire size question.
From other members posts it seems Toyo Open Country III 245/70/17 size will fit but Goodyear Wrangler 245/70/17 does not fit. Same wheels.
Can you identify tires manufacturers that are sized/constructed similar to the Toyo’s?
Are you aware of any other 245/70/17 A/T tires that fit w/out rubbing.
Thank you
Outside of construction (LT, SL,) and the stated specs provided by the manufacturers, I can't say for certain which tire sizes run larger or smaller. Unfortunately there are variances across brands and this information is not readily available.

I see that tire rack has ties with you now.Love this for they have the rims I like when I get me maverick in February.
That's awesome to hear, Bobby! If we can be of assistance in any way come February, please don't hesitate to shoot us a direct message.

Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome! I love DT. I was so glad when you finally came to KS several yrs ago.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, everyone!

We are one of Maverick Truck Club's newest official sponsors!

A little about us...

Discount Tire is America's largest independent wheel and tire retailer. We have over 1,000 locations nationwide and if you don't have a Discount Tire store nearby, the mail order division Discount Tire Direct, is available to help as well. We work very hard to make sure you get the best customer service in the industry and the lowest prices at the bottom line!

There will be three of us messaging here: Jordan, Joe and I (Matt).

We're excited to be a part of the community and we look forward to having some fun here on the site! If we can help you in any way please let us know - we're here to help!

We'll see you on the boards!
Discount Tire, alway one of my favorites for tire replacements here in East Texas. Glad to see you here.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my Cooper Cobras at Discount Tire. Always great service. đź‘Ť

IMG_20210910_180923990.jpg
Luv the Mustang and people that keep the muscle cars running.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Coming home from the Ford dealership for warranty repairs saw another Discount Tire even closer to my house, just popped up. Now don’t have to take the interstates to reach the other one I have been going to.
Not sure why they are so near each other likely only 4 miles apart. But thanks, can take the back roads and stay off a major highway now with my low air tires.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
Welcome! I love DT. I was so glad when you finally came to KS several yrs ago.
Thank you for the welcome, Kory!

Discount Tire, alway one of my favorites for tire replacements here in East Texas. Glad to see you here.
We appreciate the kind words, Howard! Thanks for the welcome!

Coming home from the Ford dealership for warranty repairs saw another Discount Tire even closer to my house, just popped up. Now don’t have to take the interstates to reach the other one I have been going to.
Not sure why they are so near each other likely only 4 miles apart. But thanks, can take the back roads and stay off a major highway now with my low air tires.
Glad to hear there is a new location that's more convenient for you, Ted! T

hank you for your support!
Sponsored