First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am using a toyota tacoma oil filter on my maverick lol. 90915-YZZD1 by the way.

SeanBonham

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sold my 2012 DCSB 4x4 6sp for a Maverick. Drove the Taco for 6 years and sold it for what I paid for it. Still waiting on the Mav.

Sponsored

Tacofan1247

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Love my 2007 taco but just. EU g patient on the turn around time on builds. I'll keep my taco until they get steady supply so maybe 2025 ha ha. Plus my taco with 305k on the clock is a champ but mpg.nah 17 is all I can get.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
sold my Terd as soon as I saw the Mav too

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here--I'm on my 5th Tacoma now, trading it in on the Maverick as soon as it arrives. Back in 2005 when the 2nd gen Tacoma came out I was frustrated. Rather than go bigger, I had hoped they would offer a hybrid version, with the positive reception of the Prius. Well, it's been 17 years, but the hybrid Tacoma I wanted is finally being built, except it's a Ford ;)

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just cant believe how many tacos are still on the road. I've tow strapped a half dozen in as many years with my old beat to hell 91 Comanche and my old CJ that I took the motor out of for my Eagle because its body was disappearing.

I dont believe the reliability myth, I think the type of people who take care of cars are the type of people who will tell others about how they lasted. The type of people that abuse their cars(other than me) are the type who never speak of their shame and loss.

By the way my 4.0 L6 injested a facemask and some napkins a few months ago with no issue other than bogging down for a minute.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keeping my Taco when the Mav comes. Have 33's on the Taco with AAL' and lift coils and shocks. Much better off-road and tow vehicle for banging around the cottage. Mav will be primarily grocery getter and dd. Should be a significantly smoother carlike ride. Looking forward to that

they are totally different types of vehicles. If you're cross-shopping, you likely don't need a body on frame truck

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice semi short video, not sure I have seen it anywhere else here. He talks about his concerns that it wouldn't be what he needs but nails it with 'I'm like most truck buyers that overbuy' or something to that effect
That sentiment is exactly why I'm not waiting for the F-150 Lightning. Even the Pro level, which is all I would have bought, is way more truck than I need and it's double the price.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
I dont believe the reliability myth, I think the type of people who take care of cars are the type of people who will tell others about how they lasted. The type of people that abuse their cars(other than me) are the type who never speak of their shame and loss.
Ok. Can I quickly say how much I'm starting to hate this whole Toyota reliability claim? Every time I hear someone talk about it, it's always about some 15+ year old vehicle. The way tech has changed in those 15 years, especially in automobiles, is amazing. 15 years ago, Prius was the game changed, hydrogen fuel cells were supposed to be the next big leap, and GPS was controlled by a DVD disk. Wasn't this around the same time Ford started the whole retro-futurism sports car design with the Mustang? Anyways, tech has changed. I bet many of Toyota's over-engineered under-tuned naturally aspirated engines were reliable assuming you followed the maintenance schedule. Shoot, my family's 1994 Dodge Caravan lasted 12 years, dozens of road trips, and 2-1/2 years in Guantanamo Bay (father is retired Navy and this was before 9/11). Those banana rats in G'TMO took a toll on it, but is soldered on for another 6 years before it given to one of those cash-for-clunkers things.

Anyway, Like @Maverickman74 alluded to, proper maintenance of a vehicle usually guarantees longevity. My 2014 Focus disagrees, but we all know about that era of the Blue Oval. lol

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got 7yrs trouble free out of my Taco so far. Have had 3 over the years. All built solid.

F150 is an 08 and no problems except wear stuff. And starting to get holes in the frame.
Sponsored