having second thoughts

Msab13

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
the longer i wait for my Maverick the more i am having second thoughts about it i have a very good truck now it just more truck then i need when i think about all the things than cost extra on the Maverick that came standard on my nissan Titan and i got the s model the lowest model one and it came standard with cruise control, blind-spot monitor, rear sliding window ,spray in bed liner, push button start,trailer hitch with two plugs,parking senser,sirus wx radio,tow mode, not a thing wrong with it just way bigger then i need
Have been driving my maverick for two months now, traded in a 2012 f-150 my only concern was being comfortable driving being tall. Wanted to upgrade but f-150 prices were crazy. Ordered maverick sight unseen xlt lux fx4. For the price it’s more than I would expect. For the expectation, the same. Incredibly roomy for the size, everything simple and intuitive. Basic but fun. For my package only downside is no Sirius.
Sponsored

David Chaffin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I waited 7 months for my Maverick. So far I have been very happy with my choice. Now, had I dropped 40k on it, I might think different. I am taking a 5 hour road trip Sunday to St. Augustine. We will see how I feel after that. P.S. my wife loves it. I might even get to drive!

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waited 7 months for my Maverick. So far I have been very happy with my choice. Now, had I dropped 40k on it, I might think different. I am taking a 5 hour road trip Sunday to St. Augustine. We will see how I feel after that. P.S. my wife loves it. I might even get to drive!
I think you will love the truck even more after today’s drive! I’ve made 4 trips between St Aug and SC in the 6 weeks I’ve owned mine.

Have a safe drive! It’s been pretty nice down here but the spring break crowds are more than I enjoy😵💫

Deleted member 7762

I had second thoughts while waiting for my Mav, but I'm so happy I went through with the purchase. I've had it since November and love it more every day.
I got my Maverick off a lot ( someone’s deal fell through) in November it’s XLT FX4. I love the truck, BUT it has been in the shop 3 times
1st was bad exhaust sensor it was corroded
2nd was Bad transmission sensor had water in it
3rd was 12 V charging fault, it’s at the dealership now. They said a connection in a harness in the bumper was corroded.
Im half afraid to drive it now. Have considered selling it.

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my Maverick off a lot ( someone’s deal fell through) in November it’s XLT FX4. I love the truck, BUT it has been in the shop 3 times
3rd was 12 V charging fault, it’s at the dealership now. They said a connection in a harness in the bumper was corroded.
Now is the time to cut it loose, if your not satisfied its always going to be an issue

Sponsored

OP
OP

gstockton

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your order is January 26th.
Maybe you felt pressured to beat the deadline and wasn't on board fully yet.......??
You know you may be right,first of January was first i heard of the Maverick and i still have not seen one. but i would like a small truck

AbbatheHutt

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Oh man that sucks's. I'm sorry you've had so many problems already. I'm at almost 7k miles and haven't had any issues. (Knocking on wood now)

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that would not move anyone up the dealer would just mark it up and sell it i still plan on keeping it
I am glad you know if you cancel, the dealer will not cancel with Ford and you will hand them a ADM of +10K-15K! I would keep the Mav as a second truck to drive for light duty, especially when just hauling air. The gas savings will probably pay for the extra insurance.

If you want to sell instead and put max equity in your pocket, don't use a flipper like Carvana. Sell PP on CraigsList it's easy. You can see wholesale vs retail values on nada.com

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the longer i wait for my Maverick the more i am having second thoughts about it i have a very good truck now it just more truck then i need when i think about all the things than cost extra on the Maverick that came standard on my nissan Titan and i got the s model the lowest model one and it came standard with cruise control, blind-spot monitor, rear sliding window ,spray in bed liner, push button start,trailer hitch with two plugs,parking senser,sirus wx radio,tow mode, not a thing wrong with it just way bigger then i need
$120 to fill the tank..... depending on how much you drive would be the deciding factor.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh man that sucks's. I'm sorry you've had so many problems already. I'm at almost 7k miles and haven't had any issues. (Knocking on wood now)
What the heck? Did this truck get caught in the flood/ cyclone down in Texas last summer?

lexagon17

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022MavArea51

Hey there GStockton,

I don't know how i got so lucky to get mine what seems to be quickly compared to others. I am really glad I got it and I literally run to get in my truck I am so excited to drive it (even for groceries). It drives so smooth. I also had my doubts. These wait times are unprecedented. Wierd times we live in now.... but if your just wanting support, I say be patient. If your truly happy with your current truck then I'd say bounce. But it is so worth it and Im soooo happy. It drives like a lil mean thing with that turbo. Its a fast lil thing with amazing MPG for a truck.
Sponsored