Have I caught my dealer in a lie?

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
After a lot of back-and-forth with my dealer, who just continues to tell me I am in the system and will get my vehicle, and the delay is all because of email screw-ups they can't figure out - I finally wrangled a copy of my DORA out of them. They also gave me a copy of the preview order, showing a time of order date that is also shown on the DORA as the processed date. Both of these docs show my priority # as 19. Someone here just posted that Priority 19 is a dealer stock order. If this is true that seems to mean that the dealer has NOT submitted a retail order for my build, but an order to deliver a vehicle to their inventory. Could they be ordering this vehicle for their own lot in case I should show up and refuse to claim it? Should a legitimate retail order be showing a number OTHER than 19 on a customer's order?
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
19 is a retail order. Orders above 19 are stock.
This is the correct answer. Since the OP has had issues with their dealer, they should ask the dealer to change their priority code to 10 to help make up for said issues.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10-19 retail orders, 20-80 stock orders.

I was originally a 19 but asked my dealer to give me a higher priority (lower number) back in early July when I learned about priority codes in this forum. They changed me to 10 since I was their first Maverick order.

My Maverick was scheduled on August 12 for production the week of October 4. Now it sits at the factory waiting for the Ok to buy.

Sponsored

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked my dealer to change my priority code from a 19 to a 10 and he did. I would not have known about the codes if it weren’t for you guys. Thanks!

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You said Dealer and Lie in the same sentence - therefore they go hand in hand. A dealer's Number One goal is to lie to the customer to get them to buy, then they could care less about you.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
clippedwings

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK yeah, I was just able to find that out from a Tim Bartz video. So I do have a legit retail order, but they're just not doing me any favors when I'm sitting at 19. Now I have to go back and press the dealer to find out if my order was submitted properly, through WBDO and ROVP, if they will even go there. Thanks.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK yeah, I was just able to find that out from a Tim Bartz video. So I do have a legit retail order, but they're just not doing me any favors when I'm sitting at 19. Now I have to go back and press the dealer to find out if my order was submitted properly, through WBDO and ROVP, if they will even go there. Thanks.
You have misunderstood the use of the priority codes 10-19. They are ONLY used to prioritize orders within a given dealership.
If all orders at that dealer are going in as 19 (which is common) it has no affect on who gets scheduled first.

Finally, even if you have a lower code than someone else at that dealer they may still get scheduled before you if your build has items that are not readily available at the time of scheduling.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP
clippedwings

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This time around I got Tim’s explanation of how Ford says dealers must submit a signed buyer’s order into the ROVP to have a legitimate order. I did my deal over the phone. I do not have a signed order - only a preview sheet, a $500 deposit, and also gave them a photo of my license. The “DORA” they gave me was not a photocopy, just a text printout. Question I’m going to throw at them today is, how did I get into the system without a signed buyer’s order to submit into the ROVP?

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I think a lot of us put more weight into the priority code than we should have. I was 19 when I ordered and I got scheduled for a build date before many people that ordered before I did. I think eventually it came out that it's really "irrelevant" like someone above stated.

I'm glad you got your issues sorted out, though.

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This time around I got Tim’s explanation of how Ford says dealers must submit a signed buyer’s order into the ROVP to have a legitimate order. I did my deal over the phone. I do not have a signed order - only a preview sheet, a $500 deposit, and also gave them a photo of my license. The “DORA” they gave me was not a photocopy, just a text printout. Question I’m going to throw at them today is, how did I get into the system without a signed buyer’s order to submit into the ROVP?
In the same situation.

OP
OP
clippedwings

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the DORA printout they gave me is legit, and I have never had a signed buyer’s order, then there must be another way they can get your info into the ROVP without having a signed order. Maybe that’s what the driver’s license is used for? As I understand it, the ROVP is a process for establishing the the legitimacy of the buyer. if, in fact, I AM in the system, and I still never get any feedback from Ford (just continued insistence from the dealer that I WILL get my vehicle), could it be that I AM in the system, but the dealer has not put me into one of their allocation slots, and I won’t see any action until they do? She said I did get a slot, but that could just be BS. I think I’ll sit on the Ford help line today and see if I can squeeze any more info out of them. First time I called they promised an email in 3 days, but none came.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You said Dealer and Lie in the same sentence - therefore they go hand in hand. A dealer's Number One goal is to lie to the customer to get them to buy, then they could care less about you.
Anyone else remember, not too long back, when Ford commercials would say "Visit your local Ford store" instead of dealership? I'm sure they were trying to change the perceived image of "Dealership"... Although that seemed to quickly go away...
Sponsored