Sponsored

Have a Maverick on Order, decided to borrow one on Turo to see what I think. It wasn't what I hoped it would be

Status
Not open for further replies.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well shoot and I thought you might trash the Bronco and talk me off the ledge, lol:)
Nope. Not at all.

It has gotten expensive (I think about 15% more than 2021) and is still wrought with Ford quality issues.

Damn though - if you're someone who gets the feels from a vehicle then it is for you. Not many vehicles today have souls. The Bronco has soul. Elicits emotions vehicles today don't.

Do it. Do it hard.

SteveM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2017 Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every vehicle fits everyone a little differently. That said, my son has a '22, EB AWD XLT Lux in Area 51. I drove it for a week while he was out of town over Christmas, on my commute. 52 miles each way, of that, 45 miles are highway miles, on I-70, and I-270 in MD. I found the power, to be excellent, and had no discomfort in the seats sitting for an hour at a time, (6'2", 250 lbs). I was able to get 30 mpg. My wife and I both have a Hybrid XLT Lux on order, can't wait for them! No build date(s) yet. Ordered on 9/15/22, and got the confirmation email from Ford that night, about 2 AM.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Nope. Not at all.

It has gotten expensive (I think about 15% more than 2021) and is still wrought with Ford quality issues.

Damn though - if you're someone who gets the feels from a vehicle then it is for you. Not many vehicles today have souls. The Bronco has soul. Elicits emotions vehicles today don't.

Do it. Do it hard.
Wow you are a bad influence, lol. They have gotten expensive that's for sure. I'm looking at the 2 doors and they just had a 2K increase in the base price so that sucks. Thanks Ford:(

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm starting to look at what other options may suite my needs. People are focusing a lot the sluggishness, which seems like it might be an issue specific to my rental, but the seat alone may be enough to be a deal breaker. What sucks is I otherwise really like the Maverick's interior. It's not premium, it's plastic, but it works. The design is good, the textures are good, orange is my favorite color. I do wish the infotainment screen was a little bigger, and angled slightly differently, but that is a minor gripe and at 8" it's already bigger than the 6" screen in my GTI
Yeah, short of getting the seats reupholstered the comfort issue does not seem like it will just magically disappear. I did read somewhere that the lariat seats have a little more cushioning in them then the XL/XLT. I also heard some say that the heated seats inserts made the chair uncomfortable. Seats are like a pair of jeans, they fit or they don't, not a whole lot in-between. A lot of folks have been happy with the katzkin options though, might be worth a look.

I cannot comment on the power, my Hybrid does what I want and is pretty quiet (besides the first 30 seconds on startup), but its no speed demon.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow you are a bad influence, lol. They have gotten expensive that's for sure. I'm looking at the 2 doors and they just had a 2K increase in the base price so that sucks. Thanks Ford:(
I decided to sell mine because I believe that things will come back down eventually - they have to. I had a Base 4 dr Sasquatch w/mod bumper, rock rails - it was $45k - and to me as much as I loved it that was pricey for something I had plans to kind of beat up.

So I am going to wait impatiently for the Bronco market to develop and mature to where a lot more used broncos hit lots AND the aftermarket support is really robust.

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, short of getting the seats reupholstered the comfort issue does not seem like it will just magically disappear. I did read somewhere that the lariat seats have a little more cushioning in them then the XL/XLT. I also heard some say that the heated seats inserts made the chair uncomfortable. Seats are like a pair of jeans, they fit or they don't, not a whole lot in-between. A lot of folks have been happy with the katzkin options though, might be worth a look.

I cannot comment on the power, my Hybrid does what I want and is pretty quiet (besides the first 30 seconds on startup), but its no speed demon.
There are numerous options from the very expensive CatSkinz to super cheap covers on amazon. I am personally going to go with Clazzio covers. I have had them in two vehicles in the past and they not only look great, they do increase seat comfort. And they install right over top the existing seats and factory cover material.

https://www.clazzio.com/car-leather-kits.php

Also I came from an Edge ST, this maverick is NOTHING like it. But I can tell you the power is fine for this vehicle size and weight. I have ZERO issue accelerating up to highway speeds on an on-ramp. As for road noise, if it is that much of an issue for you, there are plenty of affordable aftermarket sound deadening products you can use to quiet it down. And my above comment is a way to help give more seat comfort.

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seats can definitely be a deal breaker. My wife absolutely hated my Equinox because of the seats.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@DentedFrood, have you thought about calling the owner of the Maverick you rented on Toro, and asking him if he set it up special with MyKey? That could remove all speculation about it. If he/she did, then you would at least know the reason for the sub-par performance.

As for the seat comfort issue, I can't help you on that one. I bought a Lariat in part for the better seats after sitting in an XLT. Truthfully, if the Lariat were not available, I would have ordered an XL and done all the upgrades aftermarket, because I like the XL's interior a LOT more than the XLT's. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

And for what it's worth, even the Hybrid has a good bit of "scoot" (as long as you're willing to actually USE that right-hand pedal). It's not as quick as the Ecoboost, but it's perfectly capable of keeping up with traffic, and even pulling away in most "stop-light drag" situations. Just avoid the Porsches and Ecoboost Mavericks... LOL

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

People are focusing a lot the sluggishness, which seems like it might be an issue specific to my rental, but the seat alone may be enough to be a deal breaker.
I think it's because while performance should be the same for different people, seat comfort is really driven in part by the individual's preferences (and body shape). Like I find my Maverick seats really comfortable -- but where certain things hit me may not be where they hit you. You can't really argue with that kind of thing.

OP
OP

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it's because while performance should be the same for different people, seat comfort is really driven in part by the individual's preferences (and body shape). Like I find my Maverick seats really comfortable -- but where certain things hit me may not be where they hit you. You can't really argue with that kind of thing.
I agree, seat comfort and driving position is probably the most subjective part of a car experience as it is unique for everyone. Even people with relatively the same and weight may not have the same opinion of the seat because they prefer different driving/seat positions which causes them to sit slightly different in the seat

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree, seat comfort and driving position is probably the most subjective part of a car experience as it is unique for everyone. Even people with relatively the same and weight may not have the same opinion of the seat because they prefer different driving/seat positions which causes them to sit slightly different in the seat
Also I have the powered seat with my lux package, which let me get it into the perfect driving position pretty exactly. I suspect some folks's problems may be with the ones that have manual driver's seats

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@DentedFrood, have you thought about calling the owner of the Maverick you rented on Toro, and asking him if he set it up special with MyKey? That could remove all speculation about it. If he/she did, then you would at least know the reason for the sub-par performance.

As for the seat comfort issue, I can't help you on that one. I bought a Lariat in part for the better seats after sitting in an XLT. Truthfully, if the Lariat were not available, I would have ordered an XL and done all the upgrades aftermarket, because I like the XL's interior a LOT more than the XLT's. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

And for what it's worth, even the Hybrid has a good bit of "scoot" (as long as you're willing to actually USE that right-hand pedal). It's not as quick as the Ecoboost, but it's perfectly capable of keeping up with traffic, and even pulling away in most "stop-light drag" situations. Just avoid the Porsches and Ecoboost Mavericks... LOL
I second the thought on "My Key" - I had that set up on my Mustang when I let my Kids drive it. Lowered top speed and radio volume. My Hybrid is just as quick as my Ranger V-6 IMHO. The seats are quite comfortable actually. Nope, it's not a luxury vehicle by any means. It's a truck.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.