stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep - that's the KEY point, I think. Ride like a normal person, and people just treat you like a normal person. Ride like an idiot, and people try to ban ALL e-bikes. A little courtesy goes a long way!
(y) We'll see how long this lasts. As someone who has probably put more miles on bicycles than cars in their adult life: a very significant percentage of cyclists ride like morons. IMO, in general, cyclists give themselves a bad name. Not a day goes by when I don't see a group of cyclists holding up traffic by taking up the entire lane on a mountain road, or riding right through a stop sign or red light, or riding 2ft. outside of the 4ft+ wide bike lane, or...Every year I see more and more cyclists around here and it will be easy to pick on e-bike riders if cyclists in general cause problems.
Sponsored

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a couple of Radrovers that weigh about 65 lbs each. Haven’t hauled them behind the Maverick yet but I think it might be easier to load them on the rack than it was when I did it with my Ram!

Ford Maverick Hauling the ELECTRIC BIKES...7k miles, 42.1 MPG avg...Lovin my Maverick Hybrid C753F7CD-0E55-4D8A-AE73-6D1933607B4A

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently did a DIY ebike conversion using a Bafang BBS02 750w mid-drive motor. This stuff is awesome. Haven't thrown it in the truck yet but I might get a hitch rack like you all. I think I remember seeing a rack that can swing out and allow access to the truck bed? Does anyone have experience with that kind of rack? The bike is around 55 lbs total; the battery alone is about 8 lbs.

Ford Maverick Hauling the ELECTRIC BIKES...7k miles, 42.1 MPG avg...Lovin my Maverick Hybrid 1662737385728

Sponsored

RadMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haul my beach cruiser E-bike using the 2x6 insert near the cab. I built the bike wheel mounting plate that attaches to the front fork as per Ford suggestion. I also remove the battery and seat for lighter ingress egress. Nice to have the plug in the bed so my battery can continue to charge while I'm driving to my destination.

Ford Maverick Hauling the ELECTRIC BIKES...7k miles, 42.1 MPG avg...Lovin my Maverick Hybrid IMG_3193

Ford Maverick Hauling the ELECTRIC BIKES...7k miles, 42.1 MPG avg...Lovin my Maverick Hybrid Bike.JPG

Elviscb

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Lovin my HYBRID. 42.1 mpg avg. Just over 7k miles.

20220529_122648.jpg
Screenshot_20220525-195449_Gallery.jpg
I've gone over 5500 miles in my Maverick Lariat since July, but overall have averaged just 32 MPG. The city is in the 40's but higher speeds over 60 and mountain roads kill the overall mileage.

iwanttruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick unfortunately
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I was going to drive a ton of freeway the Hybrid would not be a huge selling point tbh

Jav23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was also planning to buy the LECTRIC brand... But I have heard some reviews stating that it is hard to pedal fat tire bikes.
Sponsored