First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I build raised bed garden planter boxes, and just started back up this past week, as people here in Florida are ready to start planting.

Here’s a pic of my truck and trailer with two 6’ boxes ready to be delivered to a customer.

Ford Maverick What's your Maverick hauling in the bed? [Photos Edition] 623A66B8-A723-4FC2-8466-034442FB9B55

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My boss keeps telling me to use the office trailer because I have a 'baby truck.'

Ford Maverick What's your Maverick hauling in the bed? [Photos Edition] PXL_20230215_213019518~2

Picture from yesterday. I've since added another ladder, and the cab is quite frankly packed to the ceiling.

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By the owner of this motorcycle and Maverick.

For the motorcycle enthusiasts, a Sportster 48 fits in the bed of the Maverick! This was a short drive, if it was longer I would have found a way to change up my tie down setup to avoid loading the forks, but otherwise it the truck worked great.
2022 Ford Maverick carrying motorcycle Harley Sportster 48.jpg
I have a sportster 48 and am wanting to haul it from houston to austin. Do you think hauling the 48 would be of any concern? Do you think the tailgate would have any problems with the bike on it?

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think hauling the sportster long distances would be secure and safe? Just wondering about the tailgate and if it would be durable enough.
Quick Google search says the tailgate holds 400 pounds in the middle position, and 500 fully down. Sportser 48 has a listed wet weight of 550 pounds, which probably means the actual weight is closer to 600. So you've got 200 pounds to spare.

That said, braking will put more weight in the back. You'd probably be ok at low speeds and being easy on the pedals, but if you're highway hauling I have no idea.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Quick Google search says the tailgate holds 400 pounds in the middle position, and 500 fully down. Sportser 48 has a listed wet weight of 550 pounds, which probably means the actual weight is closer to 600. So you've got 200 pounds to spare.

That said, braking will put more weight in the back. You'd probably be ok at low speeds and being easy on the pedals, but if you're highway hauling I have no idea.
I'm pretty sure that braking shifts the weight forward, thus reducing the load on the tailgate. I think he will be OK as long as the tie down points also support the weight of the bike. Use multiple tie downs to multiple points to distribute the load as much as possible.

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm pretty sure that braking shifts the weight forward, thus reducing the load on the tailgate. I think he will be OK as long as the tie down points also support the weight of the bike. Use multiple tie downs to multiple points to distribute the load as much as possible.
Thank you! Gonna give it a shot and hope for the best!

Sponsored

tlast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got a load of mulch this week when the weather turned nice, briefly.

Also got a puncture in the tire from the trip - so it has its first plug.

Little Hybrid Truck doing Truck Stuff.

Ford Maverick What's your Maverick hauling in the bed? [Photos Edition] FirstHaul
Sponsored