Sponsored

Has anyone repaired the hybrid wiring harness issue themselves? Would my idea work? (Dead hybrid update, more info on where the issue is)

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ask for the service manager/service director ? We called around the Atlanta GA area and finally found 2 that knew of the problem, one of them got us in and out in 3 hours.

There are great dealers out there but finding one is like a needle in a haystack..........................
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2 weeks for an appointment and can’t offer a rental til they diagnose. Even then it’s only 30/day…which is not what a rental costs. Called 6 dealers in town. Need it every day to work and I have some basic skills, so I just did it. Also not interested in the dealer crimping on a copper lug to the aluminum cable.
Ford's policy of not offering a rental until it is diagnosed is a joke, and a piss poor way of not holding the company or its dealers accountable. Call the 800# and open a case, once the case is open, go rent a car, I had to do this with my Maverick, my Maverick sat for 12 days before they "got to it" and diagnosed the issue, Ford paid for everything.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was yours the harness connector issue and did they replace connector or the entire harness?

Great advice BTW...............................

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was yours the harness connector issue and did they replace connector or the entire harness?

Great advice BTW...............................
No, mine wasn't the harness, but there is multiple posts about the Harness and yes, they replace the entire harness, which isn't that long.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why would you want to fix it yourself? If it's covered under warranty, let Ford do it.
I would definitely try it myself. I would like to extend it, crimp it and solder it.

Sponsored

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would definitely try it myself. I would like to extend it, crimp it and solder it.
Finally got around to checking the cable termination on mine, all of a 10 min. job. Only tools needed: 10 and 13 mm wrenches. Did the push/pull and it seemed solid so I left it at that.

Man, it's pretty tight in there, and not much free cable. I didn't pull the fuse box base but I think even with that out you'd need a crimper with a smallish head. I wouldn't be comfortable with a torch in around all the components, but make your own adventure :D.

Cheers.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally got around to checking the cable termination on mine, all of a 10 min. job. Only tools needed: 10 and 13 mm wrenches. Did the push/pull and it seemed solid so I left it at that.

Man, it's pretty tight in there, and not much free cable. I didn't pull the fuse box base but I think even with that out you'd need a crimper with a smallish head. I wouldn't be comfortable with a torch in around all the components, but make your own adventure :D.

Cheers.
I think one of the problems with that is the cable is too short with no stress relief, putting strain on a shitty joint. I wouldn't use a torch, I'd use an induction soldering tool.

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Rich, a Ford Tech in Illinois shows how he repaired it. Here's the Youtube video link:

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think one of the problems with that is the cable is too short with no stress relief, putting strain on a shitty joint. I wouldn't use a torch, I'd use an induction soldering tool.
Agree 100%. Hopefully yours doesn't fail, but would be glad to see some pics if you do it.

Cheers.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Rich, a Ford Tech in Illinois shows how he repaired it. Here's the Youtube video link:

and FORD just issued a TSB on the issue, so this is all a mood point

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

TSB was just released for this, today I think, saw it on one of the Maverick FB groups, describes the parts involved for Ford Techs. Also identifies clearly the DATES involved. (Just put this out there in a separate thread, too).

Ford Maverick Has anyone repaired the hybrid wiring harness issue themselves? Would my idea work? (Dead hybrid update, more info on where the issue is) FB_IMG_1664200933439

Last edited:

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

TSB was just released for this, today I think, saw it on one of the Maverick FB groups, describes the parts involved for Ford Techs. Also identifies clearly the DATES involved. (Just put this out there in a separate thread, too).

FB_IMG_1664200933439.jpg
Thank You! My Maverick was built in early July... I'll sleep better tonight.
Sponsored