Sponsored

Has anyone gotten a new MY23 entered by Ford after your cancelled scheduled MY22 with VIN?

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I don't hear anything from my dealer by the end of day Monday, I will for sure be bugging them.

I got in an argument with, first my salesman, then the sales manager about my order being cancelled then reordered by Ford. Both of them were pretty confident that my 22 was going to be built. When I asked them when it would be built they just read off the dates that they see attached to my order which now is listed as Jan 30th... 😒

When I kept telling the sales manager that Ford sent out a memo to the dealerships, at one point he tried to pull the whole "well you know, there is so much misinformation on those forums"... at that point I was getting pretty irritated and firmly told him, "no, this was an OFFICIAL MEMO from FORD TO DEALERS" and offered to send him the memo. I could tell he was done with my "nonsense" and told me, sure you can email me the memo, and we hung up.

Not 2 minutes later he called me back to tell me that he found the memo and apologized for doubting me, giving me some BS about why they didn't see the memo.

I asked if they would contact me when my 23 order landed with them so we could quickly bring it down from a 99 to a 10 so Ford could bring it down to a 02 so it can get scheduled ASAP. (he read that part of the memo after I asked the question, further showing that I know what I'm talking about)

The conversation was back to being civil. The sales manager assured me it would all be taken care of and now hopefully I'm on their radar as someone that they can't BS. I've been happy with them up until this hiccup, and feel confident that the end experience will be good and I will get my truck without any issue or dealer BS that we all hear about, but at this point I have no problem babysitting them and making sure everything is done as quick as possible.
If only the people who are paid to know this information actually know the information. Another round for Tim!
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@skadizzle Let me know if you get in touch with the Mullinax jabronis next week, please! 🤣🙏🏻
Oh I'll be on their asses first thing Tuesday unless someone posts something sooner, then it will be Monday

OP
OP
Bigbill27

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m still showing a 2022 with a VIN on the tracker.
Sponsored