Sponsored

Has anyone changed their order after it has been submitted? Ford says impossible

steves

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Has anyone changed their order after it has been submitted? Ford customer service told me that it cannot be changed once the order is in.
Sponsored

Jman Mavster

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone changed their order after it has been submitted? Ford customer service told me that it cannot be changed once the order is in.
I Changed my order to remove the spray in bed liner and add the safety package and tow hitch on 8/11 and on 8/13 I received an email that my truck had been scheduled for production in october, with the most recent changes included.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will have no trouble changing your order up to the point it is pulled for a build week.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it depends on your Priority status... at least my understanding. (This may be a clever way of discouraging folks from changing their orders every other day), but my sales rep told me that my Priority code is 02, which is assigned by the regional rep and means it is in preview (my Lariat hybrid w/ lux been in preview for at least three weeks). Your sales rep can change it to 10, make the change, but then your Maverick sits at 10 until the regional rep comes along with another preview to change it back to 02. For me it was not worth the small change I wanted to make it to step out of line for whatever period of time it takes them to re-review.

I also think Ford may have learned something from the Bronco MIC top fiasco where they were encouraging changes (a 4dr, soft top greatly increased your chances) in order to get enough to build. They may have some constraints with the Maverick, but nothing like the Bronco.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should be able to have your DEALER change it (not Ford directly), up the point that it is scheduled to be built.

OP
OP

steves

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
I called my dealer and was able to do it over the phone. It was super easy. Thanks for all the input.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Impulse buyers? I cant believe how many people change their orders. Can you not think this through prior to the original order? Poor dealers, they are going to hate this order only model if that's what Ford wants to do.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Impulse buyers? I cant believe how many people change their orders. Can you not think this through prior to the original order? Poor dealers, they are going to hate this order only model if that's what Ford wants to do.
I think that many people have made changes to their orders for good reasons, not because they are "impulse buyers." Some of us have done so to remove options that were going to delay production. Some re-considered options after reading more about them. It's very easy for dealers to make these changes, so don't feel sorry for them.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

You will have no trouble changing your order up to the point it is pulled for a build week.
yea i tried to take off my standalone spray in liner on monday and when i was contacted by the sales manager saying my priority code had changed and he said it "may" be scheduled this week. GRANTED that is before the news came out that they arent scheduling any this week. But perhaps that means next week ill be scheduled. I have heard a few standalone liners are starting to be scheduled now.

Deleted member 1370

I think it depends on your Priority status... at least my understanding. (This may be a clever way of discouraging folks from changing their orders every other day), but my sales rep told me that my Priority code is 02, which is assigned by the regional rep and means it is in preview (my Lariat hybrid w/ lux been in preview for at least three weeks). Your sales rep can change it to 10, make the change, but then your Maverick sits at 10 until the regional rep comes along with another preview to change it back to 02. For me it was not worth the small change I wanted to make it to step out of line for whatever period of time it takes them to re-review.

I also think Ford may have learned something from the Bronco MIC top fiasco where they were encouraging changes (a 4dr, soft top greatly increased your chances) in order to get enough to build. They may have some constraints with the Maverick, but nothing like the Bronco.
I wasnt told what my priority code was mind you but I was told it had changed and the dealer themselves did not change it and was nto able to change the order at that point. I didnt know it had anything to do with previewing. If so thats a good sign for me if thats the case. And I had an XLT with a standalone liner. if this is the case, then perhaps they are finally getting to those standalone liner orders. as well. fingers crossed i get mine built, delivered and keys in handy by xmas. thats all i want.

eddierobbins

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hyundai Accent
My dealer made a mistake in my order for one. I changed the color for the other. I wouldn’t call this an impulse purchase since I ordered in June and am still involved with the system. It’s not like I ordered and decided not to buy.
Sponsored