Sponsored

Has anyone been cancelled yet because of no COVP?

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most participants on this site probably know about the COVP deadline and contacted their dealer. What would be interesting, is to know the number of cancellations due to dealers unable to COVP. Many reasons for that, no allocations, customer bailed, or dealer incompetence.
Awaiting for good news the next few weeks.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting. That article also references a Ford spreadsheet that was posted here on MTF that all Eco's are going to get built by July. Ford better get cracking' cuz my Eco has not be scheduled yet and the next scheduling date if for August build. :D :confused:o_O
Can't be that many eco's still without a build date. I assume most of those have constricted items.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can't be that many eco's still without a build date. I assume most of those have constricted items.
I am one of those Ecos without a build date. Dealership allocations is what is keeping me behind. Sounded like my dealer took on as many orders as they guessed they would have for the year, and ended up being less than their guess.... and then a few month allocations were less than that... so I will be a 2023 EB order that did not get built, and have to place a 24MY order. but the dealership stated that I will be a higher priority with any other unfilled orders at my dealership, vs any new orders.

csuh13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read somewhere that if there was no COVP after 6/2, the order would be changed in the system to priority 99 for a while (can't remember how long) before being actually cancelled.

Grayaxe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up texting Ford chat for the fun of it, they said my order was processing and if I had any further questions to contact my dealer.
The last time I texted chat was about three months ago and my order was clean/unscheduled.

Now I'm confused if that's the same thing just worded differently or if there's something wrong with my order...

Sponsored

supertiger

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Engine
Undecided
We’re years into retail-to-order system. Every dealer has done a bunch. If they’re still
Struggling to confirm orders are real, they’re pretty bad off.

Reactions: GRB

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shameful!! 581 days today, and Ford doesn't have the courtesy or decency to inform people about cancellations so they can move on with their new vehicle plans. Not a way to make new Ford converts I would think!!!

The number of members here being screwed over by Ford and their dealer network, one should realize they don't care. If they build a 1000 but have 1500 orders and 300 are upset, Ford just go's LOL

torner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ended up texting Ford chat for the fun of it, they said my order was processing and if I had any further questions to contact my dealer.
The last time I texted chat was about three months ago and my order was clean/unscheduled.

Now I'm confused if that's the same thing just worded differently or if there's something wrong with my order...
it varies by customer service rep on what they say.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer should be able to see in their system the status of the order and if it is active, confirmed and still at the designated priority number. But it depends how long it takes for Ford to process the non-COVP orders into the system.
The dealer will know as much if not more than the customer service people. It's their order. Now if the dealer screwed up are they going to tell you your order was canceled?

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would hope nobody who frequents these forums to learn more about the Maverick ordering process would have a canceled order due to no COVP.

It's the people who don't come to these forums, who are not informed, or are trusting their dealerships wholesale to take care of them who are going to get a rude awakening if they never got their orders COVP'd by their dealerships.

Sponsored

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. That article also references a Ford spreadsheet that was posted here on MTF that all Eco's are going to get built by July. Ford better get cracking' cuz my Eco has not be scheduled yet and the next scheduling date if for August build. :D :confused:o_O
Same here My file has had " activity ". For a July build my EB should be scheduled soon then. But, believe what you will about what comes out of Ford.

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well my order is clean and unscheduled for a EB, with a COVP confirmed.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here My file has had " activity ". For a July build my EB should be scheduled soon then. But, believe what you will about what comes out of Ford.
Well, yeah, be careful what we believe for sure, but as I stated in another thread, I will remain positive as being negative about the situation does me no good. If in the end, I was wrong about it then so be it. Been wrong plenty of times in all my years.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me trailer hitch (part of the FX/4 package) and I have LUX package as well. I realize the LUX is not listed as a constraint but I do believe there is still an ongoing chip shortage so I dunno.....
Sponsored