Sponsored

Has anyone been able to buy (not order) a Mav without ADM in the Chicago area?

kemikos

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Impala, 2007 Mustang
So far I've checked out pretty much every dealer within a hundred miles of Chicago who has a Mav in stock, and every one is charging ADM of 10, 15, 20% or more.

I'm pretty well resigned to placing an order and waiting six months (or however long it's going to be now), but I'd really rather give the business to a dealer who hasn't been talking advantage of customers with ridiculous ADMs, if one exists. Anyone have a good experience with a Chicago-area dealer/salesperson?
Sponsored

OP
OP

kemikos

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you have a clear understanding:
A) Go buy it, pay the premium and drive it home
OR
B) Wait

:)
I do, that wasn't my question. My intention was to reward a dealer who wasn't adding extra profit to in-stock deals by giving THEM my order.

It's looking like no one here has found one yet either...

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I placed an order for a Maverick Lariat Hybrid on 10/30. Deal is at MSRP but now the wait begins.

Even got to testdrive a XLT Lux AWD prior to ordering. This Maverick was already purchased by some dealer employee.

I'd imagine they'll add ADM to any orders where buyer backs out and vehicle becomes dealer stock. Just too much demand for most dealers to pass up.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kemikos

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand. You wanted to “Reward” a dealer by paying them less than others would. How nice of you!
I can't tell if I'm not explaining myself well or if you're willfully misunderstanding me, so I'll give it one last try.

I AM NOT BUYING A MAVERICK OFF THE LOT. Nor am I asking for help or advice in doing so. I am placing an order. I am not trying to prevent any dealer from selling a vehicle they have in stock for whatever price they can get for it.

All I wanted to know was whether anyone had dealt with a dealer who HADN'T charged an "extra profit because I can" fee, so that I could give my order (and the associated profit that goes with the purchase, my financing, and potentially my trade-in) to THAT dealer, because I happen to think that's a better way to treat your customers. And the dealers who are charging twenty percent or more over the price of the car sure don't need it as much.

LittleMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Maverick
Bredemann Ford in Glenview is doing MSRP and allowing X-Plan.

Sponsored

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do, that wasn't my question. My intention was to reward a dealer who wasn't adding extra profit to in-stock deals by giving THEM my order.

It's looking like no one here has found one yet either...
I think you’d have better luck searching for a Finnegan Pin then an in stock Maverick with no ADM. but I don’t think either exists;)

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
Try Arlington Heights Ford. They claimed MSRP awhile back but dont know if that has changed since. I am not sure finding one that will sell at MSRP is as difficult as finding one that wont screw you when the truck actually comes in. Good Luck.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You're from Chicago so you could drive to Detroit since it isn't that far and find one and drive it back. Not many dealers around here are marking them up. Finding one is still a challenge. If you order, every dealer around here will accept X plan pricing.
Sponsored