First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By the way, are you going to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA?
Probably not, I only have Saturday and Sunday to do anything around the house. I went there back in the 70's but don't remember if it was specifically the Ford Nationals.
Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably not, I only have Saturday and Sunday to do anything around the house. I went there back in the 70's but don't remember if it was specifically the Ford Nationals.
How about Dominion Speedway April 23rd?

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My ordered hybrid First Edition was $ 35k out the door

Sponsored

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Preach it! This is what I am saying. And I do have a Mav. So I'm not mentally thirsty and willing to tell people to pay over MSRP simply due to my own desires for a truck. Time is money. Features are money. The fact that this is a hybrid and their 23 hybrid order has a real possibility of never being built at all is a real possibility. 3k over MSRP including shipping is a good deal. Just my 2 cents.
I used to be in the not paying over MSRP camp. Heck, I have never paid MSRP for any car I've bought in the past. These are different times and the Mav is a hot commodity. I paid $2500 over MSRP for a '23 EB XLT specced almost exactly how I wanted it and in the color (carbonized gray) I liked. I had tried to get some orders in but my local dealer reps were not able to help me because they are inept or overwhelmed (not sure). The one I bought I found it in nearby city in another county where the person who ordered it decided not to buy it.

What helped was I was offered $3k over what I paid for my trade-in. That helped offset the ADM. The biggest thing for me was that I went through a major health issue last year that made me realize how short and precious life is. I'm happy with my purchase and I get to enjoy it NOW versus possibly waiting for who knows how long. I was so close to buying a used low mileage model that was MORE expensive than the new one I bought even with ADM. The only crappy part was the terrible interest rates currently offered, even with A+ credit.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on how much of need you are in for your truck. Long story short, my Colorado caught fire in the driveway and set our house on fire so I needed a truck quickly, Fortunate to find a Lariat on a lot a couple weeks later and invaluable when it came time to move stuff from home to a rental and then back again 14 months later. Of course, my situation is a rarity, but the point being I NEEDED a truck and was fine paying the $5k "extortion" over MSRP. And, who knows? You might like the amenities the First Edition offers.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Except the reality of the times dictates otherwise.
To each their own, but to me overpaying for a depreciating object is foolish. Unless you sell the truck while the market is still a little off kilter it's not worth overpaying. If my dealer had tried that crap I would have walked, there are other vehicles in the world.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To each their own, but to me overpaying for a depreciating object is foolish. Unless you sell the truck while the market is still a little off kilter it's not worth overpaying. If my dealer had tried that crap I would have walked, there are other vehicles in the world.
True enough, and your point is clear and valid, but I can think of only one vehicle currently in the Maverick's class and at that, at a more expensive base. Please understand, nothing personal here . . . just a discussion and exchange of opinions, but if one really wanted this Maverick that checks off so many boxes that people want in a truck and knowing the market, it seems that person would not just up and "walk" based on principle. As you stated, people have different needs. Perhaps passing up a markup and settling for a more expensive and less economical truck would be considered just as foolish by some folks.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True enough, and your point is clear and valid, but I can think of only one vehicle currently in the Maverick's class and at that, at a more expensive base. Please understand, nothing personal here . . . just a discussion and exchange of opinions, but if one really wanted this Maverick that checks off so many boxes that people want in a truck and knowing the market, it seems that person would not just up and "walk" based on principle. As you stated, people have different needs. Perhaps passing up a markup and settling for a more expensive and less economical truck would be considered just as foolish by some folks.
What some people here are really saying is unless they get the Maverick they ordered they will not be getting a Maverick this year.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would not pay over MSRP for a ford maverick. I did not pay over MSRP for a ford maverick.