22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have now bought 2 brand new Eco AWD XLT's at sticker price. Traded the first one in on the second and the exact same dealer wound up giving me more than I paid for the first one. I won't disclose how much in case it winds up in someone's hands on here. I was going to sell to Carmax for well over what I paid, but the dealer bumped their offer up very close to Carmax just get it all done in one place. So the numbers basically washed out when all was said and done. I am sure they will put it on their lot for a great amount over what it cost new. While they are fetching these numbers, I just can't do it. I don't want/need anything bad enough to pay any price over MSRP. If you can/want to do that and can swing the payments, go for it. The only person who needs to be happy is you.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would someone who is willing to pay over MSRP on a used hybrid not just get the Ecoboost? That's a lot of fuel for 4-6k over value of vehicle that you are paying.

OP
OP
greenlight

greenlight

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order: SHADOW BLACK HYBRID XLT LUX 360 MOON ROOF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I drive about 25000 miles a year. So hybrid will save me a ton of money. Dont live in area that needs 4 wheel drive and dont tow anything.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drive about 25000 miles a year. So hybrid will save me a ton of money. Dont live in area that needs 4 wheel drive and dont tow anything.
At 25k miles a year, that's a ton of highway. Let's say you average 40 miles per gallon hybrid, 26 miles per gallon Ecoboost (both are reasonable, but Ecoboost could be better so this is worst case). That means 625 gallons hybrid and 961 gallons Ecoboost. That's $1,300 or so a year in fuel costs at $4/gal. Paying 4k-6k more than value for a hybrid is years of fuel before you break even. And you are looking at paying 8k more than your order. And it's used so you already have a reduction in warranty time/mileage.

It MAY make sense if you plan to keep it for 5+ years. But at that point it'll have 125k+ miles... I'd be more inclined to switch order to Ecoboost, drive it for a few years, and look at what options are out there in 3-4 years vs overpay for a hybrid.

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a dealer call me offering me a first edition carbonized gray hybrid with 5k miles. For 39.7k including shipping.... I have xlt lux hybrid on order but dont feel like i will get it built. What would you do?
Had a dealer call me offering me a first edition carbonized gray hybrid with 5k miles. For 39.7k including shipping.... I have xlt lux hybrid on order but dont feel like i will get it built. What would you do?
My order I picked up 11-12-22, 1st edition, rapid red, AWD, w/4k tow. Comes with everything. Paid just over $38k. I see their value is into the low to mid $40's or more?

Ford Maverick Had dealer call me to offer used maverick first edition IMG_20221112_153303577_HDR

Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order I picked up 11-12-22, 1st edition, rapid red, AWD, w/4k tow. Comes with everything. Paid just over $38k. I see their value is into the low to mid $40's or more?

IMG_20221112_153303577_HDR.jpg
No mark up by the way.

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_20221112_153303577_HDR.jpg
I am sorry Ford didn't offer Rapid Red in '23. That would have been a tough choice for me vs the Alto Blue, which I ended up buying.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All you need to do is just check prices on websites. Most used ones are far above msrp.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No price over MSRP is a good deal. ;)
Hogwash.

You have the pleasure of having one in your garage and driving it every day.

I ordered a 2023 in September.
3 days later the dealer "found" the exact same truck as a 2022.
Asked me if I wanted that one.
Also said he had six more people to call on the wait list

I had 3 days of waiting.
I paid $3k over MSRP.
I CONSIDER THAT A VERY GOOD DEAL.

It was also $3k over 2022 prices and I got the 2022 financing rates. It also had all the highly constrained items on it. Basically fully loaded.

Your time is worth something.
Six months to a year of additional use is worth something.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hogwash.

You have the pleasure of having one in your garage and driving it every day.

I ordered a 2023 in September.
3 days later the dealer "found" the exact same truck as a 2022.
Asked me if I wanted that one.
Also said he had six more people to call on the wait list

I had 3 days of waiting.
I paid $3k over MSRP.
I CONSIDER THAT A VERY GOOD DEAL.

It was also $3k over 2022 prices and I got the 2022 financing rates. It also had all the highly constrained items on it. Basically fully loaded.

Your time is worth something.
Six months to a year of additional use is worth something.
Preach it! This is what I am saying. And I do have a Mav. So I'm not mentally thirsty and willing to tell people to pay over MSRP simply due to my own desires for a truck. Time is money. Features are money. The fact that this is a hybrid and their 23 hybrid order has a real possibility of never being built at all is a real possibility. 3k over MSRP including shipping is a good deal. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Well I’m pretty sure you can’t buy a hybrid Maverick used or new anywhere for less.
And? That still doesn't change anything about my opinion.

Look bro I'm pretty sure the OP asked for other members opinions. Just because you don't like mine doesn't make it any less valid.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am sorry Ford didn't offer Rapid Red in '23. That would have been a tough choice for me vs the Alto Blue, which I ended up buying.
Ya, the Atlas Blue is nice too. I wish they had the BAP option for '22. I think the black trim would have looked awesome on the 1st Editions!

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By the way, are you going to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA?

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And? That still doesn't change anything about my opinion.

Look bro I'm pretty sure the OP asked for other members opinions. Just because you don't like mine doesn't make it any less valid.:rolleyes:
I’m not your bro but actually you are right your opinion is as valid as mine. I just inserted a fact in the discussion.

Last edited:

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Value is in the eyes of the buyer. I wouldn't pay more than MSRP for a used vehicle. I wouldn't even pay MSRP for a used vehicle. But that's me, and others can see it differently. But if I were in the OP shoes, they set a budget and ordered a vehicle for a reason. Going up 8k to a very different vehicle, while paying over MSRP for used doesn't seem like the most logical move.
Sponsored