Sponsored

Had an oil change done at the dealership today and they didn't mention the airbag recall. Is this normal?

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my oil changed at my dealer yesterday too & they didn't say anything about the airbag recall, I had forgot about it myself till reading this post. I had received a letter about it & called my dealer, they would get back to me when they can get the parts. I went to full synthetic oil this time & it was $100, seemed high to me, but I will see how much longer the oil lasts vs semi-synthetic, suppose to be better for a turbo, so I have that going for me.:unsure:
Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to book an appointment, they won't go out of their way to do warranty/recall work.
This is absolutely false. The dealer is required to do warranty recalls. And they get paid to do so, so no reason to leave that on the table. That said, this is a mistake by both the advisor and the technician. I forget what Ford calls the page that service guys look at for information like open recalls and warranty start dates, etc. But BOTH are required to do so as part of their job. In most states for compliance, if there is an open safety recall and it is not performed, you generally add a service line indicating why. Lack of parts, client refused, didn't have time, etc.

olman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Area 51 Eco AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing. And there are lots of reasons to specifically do the service at the dealer
If you get it done at the Quick Lane part of dealers service department make sure they don’t spill oil on top of engine, has happened to me a couple of times.
I try not to use Quick Lane and if I do I specifically ask them to be careful and not get oil all over. Then I pop the hood and check before I leave, (they really love it when I do that !).

Sponsored

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I understand that but they didn't even mention the recall.

Yes I understand that but they didn't even mention the recall.
They know you have been notified and probably expect you to follow the instructions in the letter. Call and schedule if that is what the letter says.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if the what the dealer is getting paid by Ford is worth the time it takes?
Making the customer happy should be worth it. Or making the customer informed at least.

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
What a coincidence that this thread was bumped today. I dropped the Mav off after work today to get the airbags replaced and the roof rails replaced. Both repairs require the headliner to be dropped so I waited until the airbags arrived so the headliner didn't have to be dropped twice a couple of months apart.

Fingers crossed that the recall and roof rail repair goes smoothly. I know it hasn't for some but so far my dealer has been really good so hopefully the trend continues knock on wood.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a coincidence that this thread was bumped today. I dropped the Mav off after work today to get the airbags replaced and the roof rails replaced. Both repairs require the headliner to be dropped so I waited until the airbags arrived so the headliner didn't have to be dropped twice a couple of months apart.

Fingers crossed that the recall and roof rail repair goes smoothly. I know it hasn't for some but so far my dealer has been really good so hopefully the trend continues knock on wood.
Why did you get roof rails replaced and what if any improvements?

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Why did you get roof rails replaced and what if any improvements?
Hail damage from back in August of last year. The rails were on back order until a couple of months ago when they finally arrived at the dealer. Then the airbag recall happened and time got in the way so I'm finally getting both done.

Ford Maverick Had an oil change done at the dealership today and they didn't mention the airbag recall.  Is this normal? IMG_20220821_085255564

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hail damage from back in August of last year. The rails were on back order until a couple of months ago when they finally arrived at the dealer. Then the airbag recall happened and time got in the way so I'm finally getting both done.

IMG_20220821_085255564.jpg
Wow, hail is my biggest fear. I grew up in Amarillo Texas and have seen some massive hail and experienced some as well. Once in 70's I think hail broke most of glass out of vehicles on a dealerships lot and totaled most of their inventory. Some rancher bought six or eight for next to nothing and replaced the glass only. Was just going to use them on ranch so it did not matter what they looked like.

Bald Eagle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Quitman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So before anyone blasts me for having the oil change done at the dealership I have a little over 100K points so why not.

Anyway, I took my Mav to the dealership today got the oil change done and there was no mention of the safety recall regarding the driver side airbag. The last time I took it into the dealer for an oil change they did the trailer brake recall with out even asking but this time nothing.

I didn't bring it up because I thought they would but they didn't. Is it normal for a dealership to not mention a safety recall issued by Ford and the NHTSA?
If you knew you had a recall you should have scheduled it and had your oil changed at that time too. We owners have the responsibility of caring for our vehicle.
Sponsored