First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, my dealer and I agreed upon an order that was sent to me via pdf, online at msrp and nothing on that (DORA?) says anything to the contrary. The dealer nor I signed anything in person, only agreed through email.

Should I be worried about a mark up or is this email chain proof enough of an agreement?
I would say no deal is done until you drive away but the more documentation you can get the better. It's pretty gutsy to agree to a price via an e-mail and then renege on that later but that seems to happen. Car dealers have a poor reputation on the trust scale for a reason. Sad for the few good ones out there. As they say... Caveat Emptor!
Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP, make sure to blast them on Facebook and Tweeter. That’s the only you’ll get their attention and maybe save someone else the troubles you had with them.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, make sure to blast them on Facebook and Tweeter. That’s the only you’ll get their attention and maybe save someone else the troubles you had with them.
Blast them on their own website too. Businesses hate that and have a hard time removing negative reviews. Serves them right... Weasels!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Posting your experience under Google reviews works.

Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had one dealer say I had to buy 2kin accessories On a 30k truck with no dealer handling fee.

yesterday, Found a fully loaded Lariat with $695 D&H, required $500 for the etching and $299 for a policy for a replacement key. After buying this truck i now feel like the option above might have been better for me. I will send another 1k for a cover. Go figure, times are tough, I had to buy almost immediately after a test drive since there were several others circling the truck like vultures.

live and learn, all in all happy with the truck as it is

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer is going nuts with 100 orders and no inventory. 1 lariat incoming and already sold for 2k over MSRP. Parts manager and me keeping low profile until we have our mav. The service manager is not happy about storing accessories

OP
OP

Qball

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee
I take it this was a stock unit the dealer had possession of and not a custom order you waited months for.
If that is the case, you shouldn’t be surprised to pay over msrp. The salesman was wrong to quote you otherwise. That was his bad.

My mom just got a Bronco Sport Badlands for $5K over while I just saw a post today on TFLoffroad youtube of someone who ordered a bronco sport badlands in February and date has been pushed back to December.

So for that guy to wait forever and my mom to just walk into a dealer and get one at msrp would be wrong. If she wants one immediately, she should (and did) have to pay a premium.

The maverick is no different right now. Wait your turn or pay up.
He probably ordered to get exactly what he wanted. I was willing to take what they had in stock. They can keep it for an extra 5k. F Them.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to see and test drive the the maverick and the salesperson told me he knows Toyota is charging 5k over MSRP, but his dealership isn’t yet. I sat down with him and he wrote up two quotes. One with 5k markup and one without. I said can you do the one without and he said yes, you live locally and I can get it done for you. I told him I would buy it at full MSRP. He proceeded to go through all of the rebates to see if any applied and then discussed financing and gave me the monthly payment. I said ok, I will buy it at those terms. He then went into the office for a few minutes and when he came out he said I have to charge you 5k over MSRP. I was stunned, I didn’t know what to say and my son was sitting with me and so excited about buying the truck for him. So I said we had a deal at MSRP, I’m not paying 5k over and walked out.

I feel we were severely misled and bait and switch occurred. Is this common practice? Is this unethical sales practices? Do I have any recourse?

Please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions you may have.
Place an order through the Ford website and pay MSRP. That will guarantee you get what you want for the price you want.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Place an order through the Ford website and pay MSRP. That will guarantee you get what you want for the price you want.
How does that work when it comes time to take delivery of and pay for the vehicle? Don't you still have to go to the dealer to get your truck? They don't deliver it to your house, right? Can the dealer tack on other fees if they want?

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does that work when it comes time to take delivery of and pay for the vehicle? Don't you still have to go to the dealer to get your truck? They don't deliver it to your house, right? Can the dealer tack on other fees if they want?
Ive read that Ford leaves a lot of freedom to the dealers for how they want to sell the stock units on the lot. 10k over msrp? Knock yourself out.

But customer retail orders have some special policies apparently, it seems Ford does not want dealers adding markups, and Ford also has some kind of allocation penalty if too many retail customers do not end up purchasing the retail orders once delivered. A dealer could fact check me but that’s what I’ve gleaned.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Place an order through the Ford website and pay MSRP.
Can you actually order through the Ford website?

I thought you could reserve on the website but you had to go to a dealer to place the order.

OP
OP

Qball

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee

I thought you could reserve on the website but you had to go to a dealer to place the order.
I think you have to go to the dealership after submitting the order. I tried and the salesman contacted me and asked if I would buy one in stock instead. I said no if there is a markup and I never heard back from him

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you have to go to the dealership after submitting the order. I tried and the salesman contacted me and asked if I would buy one in stock instead. I said no if there is a markup and I never heard back from him
I think you probably submitted a reservation, not an order. That doesn't actually set anything in motion -- no commitments, no scheduling, no build, etc. It's just one of those 100k reservations that either convert to an order, or don't convert, later on.

It's really more like a "lead" that Ford then refers to a dealership so they can try to make a sale.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sorry - I meant reservation through the Ford website.
Sponsored