Sponsored

Gun rack / storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
How much room is there behind the rear seat against the back of the cab?
might be able put a rifle/shotgun back there….hard to tell

under the seat, it looks like if you had the two side compartments full, you could lay a gun case across the middle maybe? I don’t know how much space is between the middle divider and the bottom of the seat.

93F6A54D-0F4B-44E8-B4A3-72107001F5BC.jpeg
Way back when most pickups were regular cabs, my Dad used to mount the window type gunracks to the backside of the seat. Worked pretty nice back then.
Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Way back when most pickups were regular cabs, my Dad used to mount the window type gunracks to the backside of the seat. Worked pretty nice back then.
Yeah, I’ve seen that before too. Way better, especially nowadays, to have them out of sight behind or below the seats vs up in the windows like we would do back in the 80’s.

Might even be able to build something that interfaces with the child seat restraint brackets on the rear wall of the cab…..

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I do a lot of coyote hunting so I keep one of these on the back of my passenger seat. I can quickly reach and grab a rifle from it. Nice for an AR and a AR-type shotgun, plus other storage.

These are about $20 on Amazon.

Ford Maverick Gun rack / storage  [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] 81LmreAGT8L._AC_SL1500_

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well ladies and Gentlemen. Back in the day every pick up worth it’s salt had a rifle rack in the back window. Well political correctness killed that. Now for all you folks with a conceal Cary permit I found a interesting place for your weapons. People complain about the water bottle holder in the door panel. All four doors appear to have the same cavity in the door panel. My throw away water bottle fell over and slid into the cavity. After I fished the bottle out of the cavity and discovered it’s size and configuration I decided to go in the house and bring my revolver out to see if it would fit into the cavity and to my surprise with pointing the barrel up and to the rear of the truck it was a good fit. I then put a water bottle in the proper place and the weapon was out of sight and not visible through the passenger window. With this find I feel the Maverick can be lockEd and loaded for the Wild West. My revolver is a .38 snub nose And I do not plan on storing it in this cavity. I keep all my weapons in a gun safe with trigger locks for safety. I do not own any others pistols to do a trial fit. I also do not believe in carrying a loaded weapon. All of you pistol owners have fun With this space. I am sure Ford did not design it this way On purpose.

Sponsored

gills65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone found a good mount for an AR15 that fits under the backseat or recommendations for mounting?

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you’re speaking about the under-seat, cubby, will not fit unless it’s broken down or a pistol. Behind the seat back, maybe but depends on your trim level. If you have the B&O system, the amplifier will block the space.

Going on a tangent but I could never understand the whole “Truck Gun” thing. Hunting, okay makes sense. But for self defense, nope! I mean, if you have the time to go back to your vehicle, get the hell inside and drive away from the threat! I know, I know, everyone want to be a hero. It’s overrated.

gills65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you’re speaking about the under-seat, cubby, will not fit unless it’s broken down or a pistol. Behind the seat back, maybe but depends on your trim level. If you have the B&O system, the amplifier will block the space.

Going on a tangent but I could never understand the whole “Truck Gun” thing. Hunting, okay makes sense. But for self defense, nope! I mean, if you have the time to go back to your vehicle, get the hell inside and drive away from the threat! I know, I know, everyone want to be a hero. It’s overrated.
I'm usually packing a pistol but on long trips, I would like to take the rifle. I don't always want to be a hero but since I've been a police officer for 28 years it just happens so there's that

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm usually packing a pistol but on long trips, I would like to take the rifle. I don't always want to be a hero but since I've been a police officer for 28 years it just happens so there's that
Yup, then you know. First rule of off-duty in an unmarked POV is CALL IT IN. Thank you for your service.

Last edited:

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Likely fit across the back seat wall. Got a lawn chair and a rifle isn’t much thicker.

Sponsored

gills65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Likely fit across the back seat wall. Got a lawn chair and a rifle isn’t much thicker.
I was thinking that too. I may play with it and see if it will fit

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a 4½ foot long box behind the cab that should fit anything you're transporting while simultaneously keeping it safely out of your hands.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a 4½ foot long box behind the cab that should fit anything you're transporting while simultaneously keeping it safely out of your hands.
I’m pretty sure the point is to keep it safely within your reach or access while being out of the easy access or others.
Sponsored