Sponsored

Gun rack / storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m pretty sure the point is to keep it safely within your reach or access while being out of the easy access or others.
No. The thread clearly says the discussion is about Storage and not Usage.
Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. The thread clearly says the discussion is about Storage and not Usage.
Maybe…but throwing it in the bed doesn’t count for “in the truck” in my opinion. He clearly is looking for options inside the cab.
You could argue that in the bed counts if he had a bed cover…maybe.

thedonmanlives

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see a large potential for 3d printing something to fit the slots that would allow you to at least lay a shotgun or long rifle across the back portion of the rear under storage (a u shape most likely) And probably a few other options such as 3d print mag holders. I'll see about working with my brother to design something.
Did you ever try this? I would love to be able to lay either a hunting rifle or shotgun under there. Out of sight. Seems like it ought to work.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plenty of options for gun racks in vehicles. I see them on a daily basis where I live, especially during hunting season. I'm not sure there are any Maverick specific ones, but personally I've always just thrown my cases in the bed anyways. Out of sight, out of mind. It's definitely smarter. I honestly don't see the benefit or point of a visible gun rack now days and I have to agree, it's not the safest option. I'd much rather have a case just sitting on the seats covered by a blanket or something than a gun rack.

Sponsored

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I keep my Glock with me as I carry so it’s always in that forward console area by the dial shifter. If I’m heading to my property, which is about 2hr 35min away, I bring the full kit. Ar15, plate carrier, helmet, assault pack, gloves, minimum 3 days food, water purify gear, canteen, camel pack, ifak, you get the idea. Everything goes under the rear bench except the assault pack and plate carrier. They stay on the floor boards out of sight unless you’re purposely looking in my vehicle.

If it’s less than 20mile trip, depending on area, I have a Henry survival rifle I throw under the bench seat.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I keep my Glock with me as I carry so it’s always in that forward console area by the dial shifter. If I’m heading to my property, which is about 2hr 35min away, I bring the full kit. Ar15, plate carrier, helmet, assault pack, gloves, minimum 3 days food, water purify gear, canteen, camel pack, ifak, you get the idea. Everything goes under the rear bench except the assault pack and plate carrier. They stay on the floor boards out of sight unless you’re purposely looking in my vehicle.

If it’s less than 20mile trip, depending on area, I have a Henry survival rifle I throw under the bench seat.

Ford Maverick Gun rack / storage  [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] Capture.PNG

ksc83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, if you have the time to go back to your vehicle, get the hell inside and drive away from the threat!
Yup. I believe it was George Zimmerman who said "It is so much better to be in court as a witness than as a defendant"

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My little NAA22LR is always in my pocket in a fabric holder. Just pull back the hammer and shoot thru it.
I would never display my rifle. It's a 1955 Marlin 39A. Worth quite a bit of money, but I'll never get that hard up.

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you happen to see this thread where he came up with a under seat storage. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/diy-rifle-storage-rear-seat-divider-combo.35604/
Yeah that was my thread. The fits system and dividers work well and I haven’t had any issues with a rifle shifting or moving around at all. I did end up designing some 3D printed sleeves that fit in each cut out. Then I glued felt on the printed parts so they don’t scuff up my rifles’ finish. Works well honestly. I’ve been brainstorming options for behind the rear seat but none of them are as easy, cheap and simple as what I’ve already made honestly.
Sponsored