Sponsored

Ground location near the fuse box for hardwire kits?

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Today I was looking to install the hardwire kit for my dashcam and took my multimeter out and removed the panel from the fuse box only to find there does not seem to be a decent ground location anywhere near the darn thing. I'm not against running a longer wire I guess, just wondering if anyone else has tried to do this yet, and where you might have grounded to? I'll probably poke at it some more over the next day or two, maybe there is a bolt somewhere behind the glovebox I can use.
Sponsored

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please keep us informed. Any tricks to pulling the trim? Which fuse location? Where did you pass through the dash? Constant power or switched with the ignition? Rear camera too? Thanks.

OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Please keep us informed. Any tricks to pulling the trim? Which fuse location? Where did you pass through the dash? Constant power or switched with the ignition? Rear camera too? Thanks.
Hah, good questions. I am using front and rear cameras, but the rear visibility is pretty limited due to the bed. I mostly passed the wires around the door trim, and it worked pretty well. The trim pieces just pop up with some light pulling then right back into place. I passed the power cable under the dash... No tricks there, but I am using the power point currently.

Once I find a ground location I'll switch to the hard wire, but that might take me a day or two between work and other obligations.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I was looking to install the hardwire kit for my dashcam and took my multimeter out and removed the panel from the fuse box only to find there does not seem to be a decent ground location anywhere near the darn thing. I'm not against running a longer wire I guess, just wondering if anyone else has tried to do this yet, and where you might have grounded to? I'll probably poke at it some more over the next day or two, maybe there is a bolt somewhere behind the glovebox I can use.
Please consider some pictures for those of us (me) who are capable but like insight. 😗

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you mount the rear camera? Is there room between the back seat and rear glass?

Sponsored

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Any updates OP?

Killjoyken

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wanted to add that when using auto stop/start my Rexing dash cam will restart when the truck restarts. So, truck shuts off and dash cam stays on. Truck starts and dashcam restarts. This is annoying because with my Tundra I simply plugged in the cigarette lighter adapter and it powered on ACC and shut off with the key. Ford electrics are weird.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wanted to add that when using auto stop/start my Rexing dash cam will restart when the truck restarts. So, truck shuts off and dash cam stays on. Truck starts and dashcam restarts. This is annoying because with my Tundra I simply plugged in the cigarette lighter adapter and it powered on ACC and shut off with the key. Ford electrics are weird.
What do you think is happening in this case? Is power cut to all of the fuses during startup?
I'm surprised that happens on a vehicle with an auto start/stop system.

papercut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid, GLC300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice info.
I'm looking for an always on power for my dashcam (it has an auto stop function to protect car's battery)
I'm thinking to use fuse #5 - (lock, unlock)
Maverick fuse box diagram

Sponsored
OP
OP
slashy42

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I've honestly lost interest in this. I was planning to hard wire, but a whole lot of life stuff happened (Going through a divorce), and the cigarette lighter plug is working fine without a hitch, so I have just left it as I had it. Maybe some day I'll try to hard wire it again, but until then I guess the moral is that the 12v outlet in the dash works fine and isn't obtrusive if you run the wires under the dash and under the plastic interior panels.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You still dealing with this? Last thing I want is it going off at a long red light. That is when you need it the most usually.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice info.
I'm looking for an always on power for my dashcam (it has an auto stop function to protect car's battery)
I'm thinking to use fuse #5 - (lock, unlock)
Maverick fuse box diagram
I know its a bit late, but fuse 3 is fine on the Hybrid. It technically doesn't 'stop-start,' it just shuts the engine off and goes into electric mode.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've honestly lost interest in this. I was planning to hard wire, but a whole lot of life stuff happened (Going through a divorce), and the cigarette lighter plug is working fine without a hitch, so I have just left it as I had it. Maybe some day I'll try to hard wire it again, but until then I guess the moral is that the 12v outlet in the dash works fine and isn't obtrusive if you run the wires under the dash and under the plastic interior panels.
Keep your head up mate. Divorce is a tough road, but it does get better.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
in case anyone is still looking for a ground near the fuse box, I found what seems like a decent factory ground location. This is on the passenger side wall behind the glove box (you won’t have that red/black loom)
Ford Maverick Ground location near the fuse box for hardwire kits? 1D5D0F53-F152-465D-B831-362A751ACDA9
Sponsored