First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've actually been comparing the '24 Ranger specs to the Mavericks', other than OAL and height, they are pretty close to one another, especially comparing the interior dimensions.

HRG

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me by a Ranger Tremor this morning.

Ford Maverick Grey vs Grey IMG_2882

OP
OP
AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've actually been comparing the '24 Ranger specs to the Mavericks', other than OAL and height, they are pretty close to one another, especially comparing the interior dimensions.

HRG
I find that so interesting- and just reinforces how happy I am with the Maverick.

The MPG and lesser towing (espeically for hybrid) tradeoff for a lower "reachover" to the bed is about the biggest Maverick vs Ranger difference. I've never cared about interior so those complaints are totally irrelevant to me.

And wife and I noticed after about a month that the Maverick step in height is just PERFECT. We're getting a little older so you feel the little things, and it's nice to have an easy in/out.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find that so interesting- and just reinforces how happy I am with the Maverick.

The MPG and lesser towing (espeically for hybrid) tradeoff for a lower "reachover" to the bed is about the biggest Maverick vs Ranger difference. I've never cared about interior so those complaints are totally irrelevant to me.

And wife and I noticed after about a month that the Maverick step in height is just PERFECT. We're getting a little older so you feel the little things, and it's nice to have an easy in/out.
Right on target. I am 76 and wife is not far behind. One of our favorite features is the perfect height of the vehicle. Our Kia Niro hybrid is too low and the RAM 1500 Laramie was like climbing stairs, even with running boards. We also love the fact we can reach what is in the back and not have to get a 2 step ladder to get up into the truck. Maverick is a real winner in my book. It is the perfect Senior truck.

Sponsored

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

TBH I wish the Maverick was just a little bit taller. Not bigger, not wider, not longer, not higher off the ground; just taller. Don't even want a taller bed - just the cab. Every inch higher I can get my head gives me a little better visibility on increasingly crowded roads.

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Building up to getting my Maverick (well over a year ago) I kept saying how I was getting "this little truck." Then it arrived and my wife and daughter both said that it is definitely not little...until I parked next to a Ranger one day. Then they got it.

OP
OP
AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Building up to getting my Maverick (well over a year ago) I kept saying how I was getting "this little truck." Then it arrived and my wife and daughter both said that it is definitely not little...until I parked next to a Ranger one day. Then they got it.
We parked across from an OLD Ranger last night- those things look TINY next to Maverick!
But yeah, all the new vehicles are SO much bigger!!!

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TBH I wish the Maverick was just a little bit taller. Not bigger, not wider, not longer, not higher off the ground; just taller. Don't even want a taller bed - just the cab. Every inch higher I can get my head gives me a little better visibility on increasingly crowded roads.
I'm glad it's not higher. I'm 6'1" and can just about get to the center of the cab with the sponge when I'm washing it. With a little stretching, I make it (still a bit easier with a small step). If it was any higher, I would definitely need some assist.

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm glad it's not higher. I'm 6'1" and can just about get to the center of the cab with the sponge when I'm washing it. With a little stretching, I make it (still a bit easier with a small step). If it was any higher, I would definitely need some assist.
haha - must be nice! I'd be using a step stool anyway so it never crossed my mind but makes sense. Personally, I'd probably still prefer visibility to ease of washing but I admit I'm not the type to have the shiniest truck on the block. Glad it's just right for you!

... and now that I think of it... I'd definitely settle for lowering all the other vehicles on the road as well. :ROFLMAO:

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted a little taller also which is the reason I went for the Lariat with 18” wheels. It’s the perfect step in for me.
Sponsored