First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought my Maverick last week at a dealership from Indianapolis after the original customer declined. I love it!

I had a 94 Ranger that had over 353,000 miles on it. The A/C went out in it almost 10 years ago, the blinkers quit working 2+ years ago (which is obviously a safety issue), and the radio quit working about 1.5 years ago. It wasn't until it started leaking oil at the beginning of the year that I started to get serious about shopping for a new truck....

..... which I dreaded due to the anecdotal stories I had heard about high used vehicle prices, chip shortages, etc.

I narrowed my choices down to a new Ranger or a Maverick. I like the F-150 but it's more truck than I really need. So..... I started researching, getting on Cars.com, visiting / calling area dealers, etc.

Rangers were generally available for a test drive, but there were no Mavericks to be had for comparison purposes. I would contact dealers through Cars.com and got the same answer - that their listed vehicles were for customer orders and not dealer stock.

Last week was my younger son's spring break. We had a college visit planned for him up in Indy as he had become disenchanted with his current school.

So early in the morning before leaving the house, I clicked on a few more listed Mavericks on Cars.com About 5 minutes later I got a text from the Internet sales manager that a Hot Pepper Red Maverick was available! It wasn't my top choice in color but it was in my top three. It's a FWD, 2.0L EcoBoost.

We finally get to the dealer about 4PM and miraculously the truck still hadn't sold. Test driving both the Maverick and the Ranger confirmed that the Maverick was the better option for me.

I ended up paying over MSRP but was able to negotiate the price down from their listed price by a respectable amount.

I really admire how so many people on this forum have been so loyal to getting a Maverick from the very beginning.

Looking forward to participating on this forum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats!

I'm still out here east of you in Grandview waiting on my Maverick to arrive... :(

OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats!

I'm still out here east of you in Grandview waiting on my Maverick to arrive... :(
Thanks. Hope you get yours soon. Do you mind if I ask who you ordered yours from?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats, I’m waiting on my second one. Long story why, but let it suffice to say I really enjoy this truck.

Ford Maverick Greetings from Evansville IN B5BDC30F-8804-4BED-A923-94711EBB67C0

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Hope you get yours soon. Do you mind if I ask who you ordered yours from?
Ordered from Sternberg Ford then from Granger when I saw their deal. I expect to get the Granger order as it is not "constrained".

Sponsored

AbbatheHutt

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Hi fellow Mav owner and Evansvillian! I ordered my Mav in June of last year and took delivery in November. Since November we've taken our Mav, who we lovingly call Beady, on road trips to Savannah, Nashville, and Louisville. The only other two Mavericks we've seen have been within a mile of our house on Evansville's north side. Congrats on your new truck. Hope you love it as much as we love ours.

OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats, I’m waiting on my second one. Long story why, but let it suffice to say I really enjoy this truck.

B5BDC30F-8804-4BED-A923-94711EBB67C0.jpeg
Sweet!! Good for you getting a second one! I love the Velocity Blue - it’s my top color choice although I really do like the HPR.

OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered from Sternberg Ford then from Granger when I saw their deal. I expect to get the Granger order as it is not "constrained".
I’ve seen Granger mentioned a number of places throughout this board. Are they like some sort of mega-dealer? Pardon my ignorance lol….

OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi fellow Mav owner and Evansvillian! I ordered my Mav in June of last year and took delivery in November. Since November we've taken our Mav, who we lovingly call Beady, on road trips to Savannah, Nashville, and Louisville. The only other two Mavericks we've seen have been within a mile of our house on Evansville's north side. Congrats on your new truck. Hope you love it as much as we love ours.
Hi there! We live out on the west side near USI. If we get a few more of us we’ll need to create a local club or something.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve seen Granger mentioned a number of places throughout this board. Are they like some sort of mega-dealer? Pardon my ignorance lol….
As I understand it, they are a mid-size dealer offering, first, a 3% below invoice deal which then switched to a $3,000 below MSRP deal with the expectations to grow their allocations. I'm not sure if it's working out for them but I'm one of, I think, several hundred orders they've placed.

Others may know more, or better, about them. Hope they chime in if they do.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sweet!! Good for you getting a second one! I love the Velocity Blue - it’s my top color choice although I really do like the HPR.
That was my second choice. But VB was a no cost option. 😊

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello I’m in Anderson, In. My Maverick was just shipped from the factory. Hope to get it 1st week of April.
Which dealer did you use. Ray Skillman? I saw he has some and Andy Mohr also.

bravesfan10c

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red XLT FX4 AWD LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings from Boonville. congrats on the truck. I love the color. I am impatiently waiting for my HPR XLT to be delivered. Currently, in production. I am hoping to have it by the end of April. I ordered from D-Patrick Ford in Boonville. They have delivered about 5 Mavericks. They have somewhere around 30 more trucks on order including mine.

OP
OP
mr mojo risen

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello I’m in Anderson, In. My Maverick was just shipped from the factory. Hope to get it 1st week of April.
Which dealer did you use. Ray Skillman? I saw he has some and Andy Mohr also.
Got mine from Andy Mohr in Plainfield.
Sponsored