First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean there is such thing. Putting prices above msrp when there is an awful market for used cars is twisting the consumers arm. Say someone's car breaks down and it isn't repairable or feasible to pay for repairs. They have to shop in a market where they get a shitty deal on used or a shitty deal on new (if their dealership marks up the price). Whether you like it or not most people have to use a car to drive to their place of employment. So yes it is a necessity and people are forced to participate.
Nobody needs a new car. Nobody 'needs' anything produced within the past 10 years. Basic transportation is available at decent prices. You are not forced to buy one nor participate. One can always walk, get a bicycle, or a motorcycle. You seem to want to put people in a box in an attempt to legitimize your opinion of economics rather than reality.
Sponsored

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutes are easy to refute: see drug or health care pricing for critical care patients.
Umm...you are missing the refutation. Health care isn't a right. I will grant that it is a need. Our lack of a free market in healthcare results in higher prices. Same old supply and demand at work.

Sweet Willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not going to be sustainable for manufacturers to tolerate gigantic dealer markups over msrp. Not every manufacturer is going to go to the build to order model, and those that do try to stick with it are going to lose sales to the manufacturers that keep units on the lot. There is still a fixed cost to keep a plant going that needs to be spread across the units produced.

Consumers ALWAYS have the final say on price, whether they realize it or not. Just say no and walk away. No car on the market is worth making a bad financial mistake on by overpaying.

I ordered at MSRP, which I think is a fair value for the vehicle. But if the dealer tries to jack me at the last minute with a price hike I am not paying. I'll be calling the local news consumer protection unit to see if they need a story.
Me too.

huntsville_dave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered mine an hour ago ( Ontario, Canada). Saved $350 off an XLT and $200 off the Admin fee.
I had sent the same email to several dealerships hoping for one who wasn't greedy...ironically it was the same one I bought my 2013 F-150 from.......said they will give the deal to anyone who quotes this site.
Don't pay the ridiculous charges....all you need is one hungry dealership. Good luck.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good for you. Not everyone is as fortunate as you. You have to keep in mind most people don't own their own business and many are at the mercy of their employers.

The backbone of the US economy is taking advantage of lower SES and even median SES people while also handicapping itself in the process. It could be so much more. Private businesses don't define the free market. They are but a sliver compared to massive corporations.
we can agree here for sure. A more level playing field would help greatly. Small business provide the most employment and pay the highest in taxes eventhough
Good for you. Not everyone is as fortunate as you. You have to keep in mind most people don't own their own business and many are at the mercy of their employers.

The backbone of the US economy is taking advantage of lower SES and even median SES people while also handicapping itself in the process. It could be so much more. Private businesses don't define the free market. They are but a sliver compared to massive corporations.
Eventhough we come from opposites side we can agree here

A more level playing field would be nice. Especially when small business provide over 1/2 the employment and the most in tax revenue. Nevermind the tenfold or more increase big business makes in revenue over small businesses

To stay away from admin wrath I will leave it here as an economic topic

Sponsored

Sim_S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sentra, 2013 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered mine an hour ago ( Ontario, Canada). Saved $350 off an XLT and $200 off the Admin fee.
I had sent the same email to several dealerships hoping for one who wasn't greedy...ironically it was the same one I bought my 2013 F-150 from.......said they will give the deal to anyone who quotes this site.
Don't pay the ridiculous charges....all you need is one hungry dealership. Good luck.
Which dealership was that ? Who did you deal with ?

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Nobody needs a new car. Nobody 'needs' anything produced within the past 10 years. Basic transportation is available at decent prices. You are not forced to buy one nor participate. One can always walk, get a bicycle, or a motorcycle. You seem to want to put people in a box in an attempt to legitimize your opinion of economics rather than reality.
I'm sure you think buses and lightrails go everywhere a person would need them to but public transportation is quite bad here in the US compared to other nations. You seems to want to ignore people can't bike what would be a 30 minute commute by care. That's reality compared to your very narrowminded view on how people get to work. People DO need cars. That's a fact you can't ignore.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
we can agree here for sure. A more level playing field would help greatly. Small business provide the most employment and pay the highest in taxes eventhough

Eventhough we come from opposites side we can agree here

A more level playing field would be nice. Especially when small business provide over 1/2 the employment and the most in tax revenue. Nevermind the tenfold or more increase big business makes in revenue over small businesses

To stay away from admin wrath I will leave it here as an economic topic
Ya we are getting off topic. A more even playing field of letting people have access to more things. Not business, not even small business, individuals.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Be careful with Granger... they revised my DORAN, stated it was an add fee from FORD, and in FACT it was not - I questioned it - they cancelled my order. Put me behind by another 3 weeks, aligning to a new Stealership.
What fee are you referring to? Interesting that Granger cancelled your order...Chapman Ford also cancelled your order....I wonder why?

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You've been drinking too much of the "laissez faire" koolaid. The free market alone isn't a good way to run an economy. Not to get too much into it but the free market needs something to balance it out and stopping price gouging is a good start.
Someone is drinking the " Government involvement is a good thing" koolaid. Hundreds of examples where that was a bad thing .......... like - hey the government needs to have a report of every one of your financial transactions over 600.00 yay. Drink Up.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What was the fee?
What fee are you referring to? Interesting that Granger cancelled your order...Chapman Ford also cancelled your order....I wonder why?
Nuts I wrote that incorrectly… Granger has not cancelled - only Chapman has - after I inquired about an add on fee - which they stated FORD had added. In fact, FORD had not added that fee!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some have been claiming the "CV lot management" of $10 or the fuel charge of $48 (both show up on invoice pricing) are from the dealer, not Ford. It is in fact from Ford.
The "CV lot management" of $10 was not on the first DORA invoice when order was placed but after order was changed it then magically appeared on the updated DORA.

Did Ford just implement this "CV lot management" fee between 8/23 and 9/2?

Fuel charge of $48 is a double charge because dealership is reimbursed from Ford if they add gas. So why should I pay for something that doesn't cost the dealer anything.

Do you think Ford ships their vehicles with no fuel in them. I am perfectly capable of putting gas into the truck.

I will cross out the illegitimate "CV lot management" fee in finance.

If the gas fee is still there I will ask to not have any more gas added and remove the fee.

I don't see anything in your post proving that these are Ford fees.
I look forward to proof (with links to legitimate sources) that you can present .

spacemancraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
The "CV lot management" of $10 was not on the first DORA invoice when order was placed but after order was changed it then magically appeared on the updated DORA.

Did Ford just implement this "CV lot management" fee between 8/23 and 9/2?

Fuel charge of $48 is a double charge because dealership is reimbursed from Ford if they add gas. So why should I pay for something that doesn't cost the dealer anything.

Do you think Ford ships their vehicles with no fuel in them. I am perfectly capable of putting gas into the truck.

I will cross out the illegitimate "CV lot management" fee in finance.

If the gas fee is still there I will ask to not have any more gas added and remove the fee.

I don't see anything in your post proving that these are Ford fees.
I look forward to proof (with links to legitimate sources) that you can present .
You sound like a sovereign citizen.
Sponsored