Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've used Xplan 1 time
You need to clearly state upfront that you're going Xplan.
I am in the odd boat: Ordered mine before it showed up on the partner plan site (Maverick didn't show up on the site until 6/17, I ordered on 6/15). I asked my dealership and they gave the "if we have significant stock to sell by the time yours arrives, we will honor it". I get that on new models and dealer's discretion, but it still irks me.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Florida dealers give me a red hinder about the fees. They are supposed to be included in the advertised price. Here that means they can show you in really big numbers a decent price and at the bottom they can put "All prices are before any additional taxes, titling / registration fees, $1,295 dealer and $108 electronic filing fee. Please verify any information in question with a dealership sales." They hide this below the fold on the page. It's crummy but it's a (charcoal) gray area and they take every advantage of it they can.
It's actually illegal to add anything other than government-related fees (like taxes) to an advertised sale price in GA. I have never worked with a dealer who didn't attempt to do just that with their dealer fees. Some backed down when i told them i knew it was illegal, others I had to show them in writing what it says for them to back down.

SFA

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I really do not get people who pay over MSRP (my neighbor just did about $3500). You have to figure that if the old standby of 15%-20% loss of value, when you drive the car off the lot plus now the markup over MSRP. You are losing 25%-40% of the value as soon as you drive an over MSRP vehicle off the lot.

You might not realize the loss initially with the inflated used market, but when you go to trade in/sell your vehicle in 2-3 years, the loss is going to be painful for those who paid over MSRP.

SFA

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Paying over MSRP for any vehicle has implications down the road. It is difficult to get equity in the vehicle unless you had 30% or more as a down payment. This will make it more difficult to trade or sell in the first 2-4 years of ownership.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has not been my experience across many, many brands. But you do what you need to do. I shopped 3 dealers before going with Granger that participates on the forum. I specifically asked about ADMs being added.. all three told me no.

Dealer 1 - MSRP + $700 doc fee
Dealer 2 - MSRP + $300 doc fee
Granger, as advertised here - 3% under invoice + $180 doc fee

Ended up being an easy choice.
Be careful with Granger... they revised my DORAN, stated it was an add fee from FORD, and in FACT it was not - I questioned it - they cancelled my order. Put me behind by another 3 weeks, aligning to a new Stealership.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful with Granger... they revised my DORAN, stated it was an add fee from FORD, and in FACT it was not - I questioned it - they cancelled my order. Put me behind by another 3 weeks, aligning to a new Stealership.
What was the fee?

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Buying a Ford Maverick isnt a state of emergency or a life necessity.

The free market will decide if it is to high of a price. That is the beauty of supply/demand and free market dynamics. Yes the dealership is harming themselves and reputation and not playing the long term game by trying to make a quick buck. They are losing more sales than gaining with this strategy

If you think the business practice is unethical or exploitative so be it. Purchase from someone else who is advertising a lower price

There are enough regulations in the free market. Th last thing we need is wikipedia definitions as a regulation guideline
You've been drinking too much of the "laissez faire" koolaid. The free market alone isn't a good way to run an economy. Not to get too much into it but the free market needs something to balance it out and stopping price gouging is a good start.

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You've been drinking too much of the "laissez faire" koolaid. The free market alone isn't a good way to run an economy. Not to get too much into it but the free market needs something to balance it out and stopping price gouging is a good start.
No such thing as price gouging. Just supply and demand. No one is forcing anyone to participate.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
No such thing as price gouging. Just supply and demand. No one is forcing anyone to participate.
I mean there is such thing. Putting prices above msrp when there is an awful market for used cars is twisting the consumers arm. Say someone's car breaks down and it isn't repairable or feasible to pay for repairs. They have to shop in a market where they get a shitty deal on used or a shitty deal on new (if their dealership marks up the price). Whether you like it or not most people have to use a car to drive to their place of employment. So yes it is a necessity and people are forced to participate.

Sponsored

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not drinking the kool aid here. Living it everyday has a small business owner. I have to wake up everyday go hunt it and kill it and the free market makes me successful.

I would hate to see a world with less free market. The backbone of the US economy and over half of employment opportunities would be gone without private business owners.

There is a point to how people choose to do business in a free market and dealerships would be an example of how not to run your business

Look at the used car market. The supply and demand have made prices higher than new cars in places. No one is yelling that this is price gouging or people selling there cars for more than they paid saying, “Wait thats too much let me drop the price $4000 before you write the check because I dont want to be price gouging”. Many people on this forum took advantage of this for their Maverick downpayment

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Not drinking the kool aid here. Living it everyday has a small business owner. I have to wake up everyday go hunt it and kill it and the free market makes me successful.

I would hate to see a world with less free market. The backbone of the US economy and over half of employment opportunities would be gone without private business owners.

There is a point to how people choose to do business in a free market and dealerships would be an example of how not to run your business
Good for you. Not everyone is as fortunate as you. You have to keep in mind most people don't own their own business and many are at the mercy of their employers.

The backbone of the US economy is taking advantage of lower SES and even median SES people while also handicapping itself in the process. It could be so much more. Private businesses don't define the free market. They are but a sliver compared to massive corporations.

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What was the fee?
Some have been claiming the "CV lot management" of $10 or the fuel charge of $48 (both show up on invoice pricing) are from the dealer, not Ford. It is in fact from Ford.

jennifer1162

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never paid MSRP, not about to start now. Fortunately, this purchase is a want, not a need.
Sponsored