Sponsored

Greediest Maverick Dealerships in the US - ADM Markup List

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Heard of dealer offering several thousand over what they paid (am guessing invoice or less, maybe MSRP?) To people if they wanted to sell their car back! Supply and demand adjustment. Then he can flip it and make $1-2k. My son had a Telluride in Hail storm last March, took 3 months to find and buy last roof, even bracing under roof panel had to be replaced. 100% repaint,. Hopes to get car soon but body shop closed due to covid. Last cost I heard $21k+. He needs it back so he can have hail damage repair started on his pickup.
Telluride is the hottest car in America right now. Might we worthwhile shop around to see what your son can get for it without repairs.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I definitely worry about this. But I've ordered Cyber Orange, the least popular color, so maybe they won't want it lol
If you have a signed agreement from the dealer with the price on it, they can not add anything else to it they can try and Ford would step in on it.

OP
OP

Spiffster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not hard to understand, the dealers are not owned by Ford. The dealer purchases the trucks and the trucks are owned by the dealership, then they can set whatever price they want. The real issue is, why are there people who would purchase a Maverick for 4K over MSRP. This is why ALL the dealerships are so against Tesla....
Dealerships cant just do whatever they want. Ford does indeed have some control.

I do agree that much of the problem are people that are willing to get hosed because they have zero patience though. Grown ass men and women with the self control of a five year old always expecting instant gratification. Its truly pathetic. I understand that in some cases people need a vehicle, those are the real victims of this racket, but in MOST cases people are paying way more than they should because they cant stand to wait.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Telluride is the hottest car in America right now. Might we worthwhile shop around to see what your son can get for it without repairs.
Not an option wife's Telluride, she Waited 3+ months to get it when new. Wait time for new one was even longer last March so he elected to repair it and since body shops in DFW couldn't promise 3 week turn around he waited until his move to North Carolina was completed. While it was in body shop waiting for roof panel he was working on job about 5 miles from where they are made and saw truckloads of them leaving factory with roofs on them daily. He may sell his truck and buy new replacement while he has his down time this Nov15-jan15. Was going to put ladder rack for 28 footer on maverick so I could loan it to him in case his truck was still in shop jan15 but I don't have build date. Looks like I may need to find a third maverick of any flavor in a couple three weeks. Might call dealer and see what a 18 month lease with 30k miles would run.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealerships cant just do whatever they want. Ford does indeed have some control.

I do agree that much of the problem are people that are willing to get hosed because they have zero patience though. Grown ass men and women with the self control of a five year old always expecting instant gratification. Its truly pathetic. I understand that in some cases people need a vehicle, those are the real victims of this racket, but in MOST cases people are paying way more than they should because they cant stand to wait.
In regards to sales and the price, they sell the product for Ford can not stop them, now, Ford could discourage the dealers from price gouging by cutting their allocation but Ford hasn't done that. Look at all the HOT selling cars the Vette C8 15K over MSRP, Mustang Gt500 15K over MSRP, manufactures know this happens but they do not stop them.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a signed agreement from the dealer with the price on it, they can not add anything else to it they can try and Ford would step in on it.
If you have an agreement with the price on it signed by both you and an authorized representative of the dealer that is an agreement solely between you and the dealer for an item that he purchased from Ford under a separate agreement between both of them which does not include you. Your only recourse concerning the pricing is controlled by the document you and the dealer both signed. Under legal statues Ford as suppler of the product is forbidden to have any input at any time concerning any price agreed to by you and the dealer. If Ford does so it would be liable for price fixing!!!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In regards to sales and the price, they sell the product for Ford can not stop them, now, Ford could discourage the dealers from price gouging by cutting their allocation but Ford hasn't done that. Look at all the HOT selling cars the Vette C8 15K over MSRP, Mustang Gt500 15K over MSRP, manufactures know this happens but they do not stop them.
They do NOT sell the product FOR Ford, they sell the product they PURCHASED from Ford. Ford cannot lower or raise their allocation as a penalty or reward for what pricing they use in the past or the future as that could be interpreted as PRICE FIXING BY SUPPLIER. Ford would have to use allocation changes for something else done or not done.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Its the same as people on here that think about buying tithe car just to sell it. They are no better than these shady dealers but no one gets on them about this behavior. So I do hope the deal puts in these surprise mark ups on these people.. Karma.

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
I could be wrong on this, obviously, but I believe Fords that are on a dealers lot have not been purchased by that dealer (or else they would all have to be financed by that dealer) but are still owned by Ford. When they are sold, the dealer pays Ford the $ that their agreement says. Some one that has worked for a new car dealer can answer this.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have an agreement with the price on it signed by both you and an authorized representative of the dealer that is an agreement solely between you and the dealer for an item that he purchased from Ford under a separate agreement between both of them which does not include you. Your only recourse concerning the pricing is controlled by the document you and the dealer both signed. Under legal statues Ford as suppler of the product is forbidden to have any input at any time concerning any price agreed to by you and the dealer. If Ford does so it would be liable for price fixing!!!
I am no lawyer so be sure to verify this but IMO the order form is an offer, your one signature is your acceptance. Basic business law class tells me:

Offer + Acceptance = Contract

If they try to say sorry my manager did not sign so the price means nothing that would cause a revolt. Then they could just take everyone's order, make you wait all these months but not call when it shows up and put all deliveries on their lot +$10k to the public. Don't let them bully you they cannot change the price unless you pass.

But please no one pass or cancel because the dealer will not cancel with Ford! That is like handing them $10k profit on an asset you control, even if you did not give them a deposit. You would not give a stranger the keys to your bitcoin so don't give the truck keys back to the dealer. Resell it yourself unless the dealer agrees in writing to split the profit with you, or will write up the ppwk in a family member or friend's name who is in the back of the line.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do NOT sell the product FOR Ford, they sell the product they PURCHASED from Ford. Ford cannot lower or raise their allocation as a penalty or reward for what pricing they use in the past or the future as that could be interpreted as PRICE FIXING BY SUPPLIER. Ford would have to use allocation changes for something else done or not done.
Car companies do have ways of punishing dealerships for mark-ups. Dodge has done this more than once.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/heres-how-dodge-plans-to-allocate-the-demon-to-dealers/

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am no lawyer so be sure to verify this but IMO the order form is an offer, your one signature is your acceptance. Basic business law class tells me:

Offer + Acceptance = Contract

If they try to say sorry my manager did not sign so the price means nothing that would cause a revolt. Then they could just take everyone's order, make you wait all these months but not call when it shows up and put all deliveries on their lot +$10k to the public. Don't let them bully you they cannot change the price unless you pass.

But please no one pass or cancel because the dealer will not cancel with Ford! That is like handing them $10k profit on an asset you control, even if you did not give them a deposit. You would not give a stranger the keys to your bitcoin so don't give the truck keys back to the dealer. Resell it yourself unless the dealer agrees in writing to split the profit with you, or will write up the ppwk in a family member or friend's name who is in the back of the line.
I am not a lawyer but YES in order to have an enforceable contract it is best to take any offer to your attorney even after you have signed it and ask him if it is enforceable and meets your expectations. Your state may vary in their requirements from mine. I am in same boat as a lot of others in buying and waiting for this truck. I do NOT have a contract properly signed and countersigned by all parties. If my dealer will not deliver my truck my only response would be "Do not sell my truck, i am going to my attorney and they will be dealing with him". Maybe he will at least say "Hey we have a vin#, showing Ford acknowledges building this truck and delivered it to your dealer". He could say "I know someone who is looking to build a class action" Unfortunately all this starts to cost money.
BY ALL MEANS DONT SAY YOU DO NOT WANT THE TRUCK AND WALK!
If your dealer doesn't cancel your order, I would take my copy of Dora and all info I had and ask them to have my order to be reassigned if possible.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car companies do have ways of punishing dealerships for mark-ups. Dodge has done this more than once.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/heres-how-dodge-plans-to-allocate-the-demon-to-dealers/
YES they did what they could but for the 3k builds they required signed contracts of sale between buyer and dealership that were notarized which made the contract legally enforceable and then placed the accepted contracted vehicles in line to be built in a sales price based sequence. This resulted in higher priced vehicles being delayed into a later time which would give theme a higher sequence of build and that would indirectly help lower the markup by dealers.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a Maverick but I found this browsing another forum I’m on, this was a new RAV4 Prime that was on sale today. Looks like an Oakland, California dealership. I get it’s the “cool” one but Shelby GT500 money cool lol?

Ford Maverick Greediest Maverick Dealerships in the US - ADM Markup List A6496DEC-D39F-4318-8D5C-0CF50198BDA5

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spiffster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a Maverick but I found this browsing another forum I’m on, this was a new RAV4 Prime that was on sale today. Looks like an Oakland, California dealership. I get it’s the “cool” one but Shelby GT500 money cool lol?

A6496DEC-D39F-4318-8D5C-0CF50198BDA5.jpeg
If anyone is interested I can get you a RAV4 for $95k, DM me if interested. Its a black Friday special.
Sponsored