Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not quite clear why he didn’t use the rock and mud setting though. Wouldn’t that do similar to sand but in crawl gear?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So they are just commenting on youtube creator content? They aren't aware that the Driving Sports TV guy already replaced the stock pirellis with winter-rated off road tires either...

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dunno. I just watched the video. Pretty obvious the Falcons need to be replaced with dedicated winters and that sand mode is great in heavy snow on inclines.

wondering why mud/ruts mode is not even better though.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been thrilled with my Maverick in the snow. I did upgrade my tires to MAXXIS RAZR AT's. But the AWD system is one of the best I've ever driven. Comparable to my Subarus and Volvos. Although my Explorers have always been snow champs with good tires. It even wants to keep going in snow deeper than its clearance height. And with really good tires and some momentum, it will.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
pardon my lack of knowledge but the maverick Is my first truck or suv with awd instead of 4wd. Under what conditions should one disengage traction control? I wont really know how to use the awd systems without experimenting with them, but I’d like to know where to start.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a set of wild peak AT Trails going on mine that are currently on my Subaru. I'm more than confident those will handle anything Cleveland Ohio can throw at it. I never had a issue in my outback rocking Firestone Destination LEs and the wild peaks AT trail is snow rated.

Last edited:

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I live in snow country, and that video is supposed to convince me that I "need" FX4? I guess I'm not too smart, because until now I thought I was doing fine with FWD.

vertigo12369

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought a set of steelies with Blizzaks. Proceeded to drive from Chicago to Detroit in the snowstorm last week. Amazon trucks in the ditch; I had no problems the entire trip. Great in the snow/slippery conditions.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure. But you wouldn’t have made it up that hill in FWD nor would you have been able to take the pylons on hardpack at 20mph with as much grip.

guarantee more stick with Blizzaks or Hakka r3’s than the falcons also. I have winter rated a/t on one my trucks and they’re ok in the deep stuff but not comparable on hardpack or ice

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well I have an XL with AWD and 4 K on order . So no FX4 , I do not see the advantage it would make ? I am thinking sport mode with traction control off will work the best for me . 4K tow gives you lower gearing . And Yes the most amazing winter tires I have ever had were the Blizzaks . This is in Canada with lots of snow storms . Yes traction control works great until you are stuck ,but then you need to turn it off to get unstuck .

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sand mode is why I added FX4. I have I deep snow to deal with often getting up road to my cottage.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When we had our 2 foot snow storm, my mav did great with slippery mode on and traction control disabled (have wildpeaks).

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didnt seem like it made much difference in the video as he did the same in normal mode? I do wonder if you can add these extra modes in forscan though. I have watched other videos of offroading and the normal mode did pretty much the same in all the obstacles, even lifting tires off the gound up a hill.
Sponsored