First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue AWD 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my Maverick late yesterday from the dealership. I got the side impact air curtains replaced, the roof molding on both sides replaced under warranty, and paid for a full synthetic works package. Used all my Ford Pass points and had to pay a balance of about $12. Not too bad.

The trick to getting the air bag recall done (for me anyway) was when they gave me all the "song and dance" about the parts not available, etc. was to say "OK, well get my name on the list and let me know when the parts arrive". That seemed to get me past the "phone answerers" and to a service advisor that knew he had to open a repair order through SSSC to get the parts ordered. PARTS ARRIVED THE NEXT DAY.

I called on Thursday Feb 8 and was told the parts were not available. Discussed the letter from Ford stating parts were now available and was informed that the parts were available at one time, but not now. Called again on Feb. 9 and was told the parts were on "back order". That's when I said to get my name on the list. I insisted on getting the repair order number. Service Advisor texted me the repair order number. Parts arrived on Feb. 10. Scheduled the repair for Feb 15. They kept it for 2 days to get the air bag recall, roof molding, and The Works Oil change and Tire Rotation all done.

Hope that helps someone get their recall done. Make sure you get a repair order number because that is the process for ordering the recall parts.
Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my Maverick late yesterday from the dealership. I got the side impact air curtains replaced, the roof molding on both sides replaced under warranty, and paid for a full synthetic works package. Used all my Ford Pass points and had to pay a balance of about $12. Not too bad.

The trick to getting the air bag recall done (for me anyway) was when they gave me all the "song and dance" about the parts not available, etc. was to say "OK, well get my name on the list and let me know when the parts arrive". That seemed to get me past the "phone answerers" and to a service advisor that knew he had to open a repair order through SSSC to get the parts ordered. PARTS ARRIVED THE NEXT DAY.

I called on Thursday Feb 8 and was told the parts were not available. Discussed the letter from Ford stating parts were now available and was informed that the parts were available at one time, but not now. Called again on Feb. 9 and was told the parts were on "back order". That's when I said to get my name on the list. I insisted on getting the repair order number. Service Advisor texted me the repair order number. Parts arrived on Feb. 10. Scheduled the repair for Feb 15. They kept it for 2 days to get the air bag recall, roof molding, and The Works Oil change and Tire Rotation all done.

Hope that helps someone get their recall done. Make sure you get a repair order number because that is the process for ordering the recall parts.
I had a frustrating experience with my dealer getting the recall parts. After reading thread about the requirement for dealer to open RO and submit in SSSC system, I called dealer 3 days ago and explained the process. They fought me that this was the correct step and said there are no parts available and they have several others that have been waiting for recall parts for months and I just need to sit tight. After 5 minutes of back and forth they finally relented and said they would open RO and walk it over to parts department…… and whattdya know … got a call yesterday that the recall parts are in and they can now schedule install.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the almost exact song and dance but have not yet had the repair/replacements. Got the exact same story though. Lack of information or mis-information at all the dealers?

Or, everyone is "new" in the new world?
My guy did start off with "I've only been here 6 months and I have a baby on the way so I won't be here next time you come in, but I heard no parts are available. You're the second person to ask me about it."

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid has been at the dealer for 5 weeks getting the engine damper replaced. They supposedly ordered my airbag recall parts over 2 weeks ago and still don’t have them somehow. The damper is supposedly almost done and I’m gonna pick it up and hold off on the airbag recall.
Is ford providing a rental because I was told it will take a couple days to do the recall? If not I might skip this recall for a while, especially after seeing some of the stories of a really poor job done while doing this recall. I might even be getting rid of it pretty soon if this damper fix doesn’t fix my issue.

Flyangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford’s recall letter stated they would provide a loaner for both the recalls I have scheduled work for, but the dealer claims to have no loaners. My insurance company can, at best, get me a discount on a loaner. Fortunately, my husband works from home, and I can use his car if need be.

Sponsored

77Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick lariat 2.0 AWD cactus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I had no issues getting my truck in for the airbag recall. I took it in on Monday Feb 20th in the morning when I was scheduled. Ford says this is a 2 hr job, however this is the first one my dealership has done and so far they they still have my truck and hopefully will have it done tomorrow, Wednesday the 22nd. Plan for a longer repair for this airbag as it apparently is more involved that you would think.

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid has been at the dealer for 5 weeks getting the engine damper replaced. They supposedly ordered my airbag recall parts over 2 weeks ago and still don’t have them somehow. The damper is supposedly almost done and I’m gonna pick it up and hold off on the airbag recall.
Is ford providing a rental because I was told it will take a couple days to do the recall? If not I might skip this recall for a while, especially after seeing some of the stories of a really poor job done while doing this recall. I might even be getting rid of it pretty soon if this damper fix doesn’t fix my issue.
My truck is at the dealer now 7 weeks . They finally fixed the shudder / shaking issue both axles needed to be replaced . If I were you don’t get the airbag recall done new airbags are larger which makes the headliner drop down past the side rubber weatherstripping. Looks really bad . Good luck with the truck Iam done with mine trading in .

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck is at the dealer now 7 weeks . They finally fixed the shudder / shaking issue both axles needed to be replaced . If I were you don’t get the airbag recall done new airbags are larger which makes the headliner drop down past the side rubber weatherstripping. Looks really bad . Good luck with the truck Iam done with mine trading in .
Hoping that Ford issues out a replacement door weather-stripping kit- The current ones barely cover the airbags and are just made out of some wonky/wimpy material - Need an upgrade on those for sure- What are you trading the Maverick for ?

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m just waiting to get the airbag recall. It’s been 90 days and the dealer says they are waiting for the parts. By the way they are the largest Ford dealer in the U.S.A.
Sponsored