First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my hybrid XLT in August of 2021, at Spirit Ford in Dundee Michigan. I walked out of there with a printed sheet showing my price, but I put no money down. In the next few months, I contacted them a couple of times, offered to put some money down (I felt it would make it more legally binding) but they assured me that wasn't necessary.
Another 6 months of reading horror stories about other dealers and other deals gone bad had me concerned, and then eventually I decided that until I had the thing home in my driveway, I just wouldn't believe it.
Today I picked up my Maverick, and except for the locking wheel nuts, which added a few hundred bucks, they absolutely stuck to their promised price. I cannot believe it.. So props to them and a hearty recommendation from me to anyone still looking for a dealer in Southeast Michigan.
I realized when I was getting in to drive it home, that until THAT MOMENT, I had not even TOUCHED a Maverick. Crazy! When I walked into the dealership the saleswoman asked if I wanted to "test drive" it before signing everything. I said, hell no, if I don't like it, I'll just turn around and sell it for more than I paid. I got some kind of Z plan or something from a friend of mine, and so I was under $25k for my Mav, with the Hot Pepper Red option, the trailer hitch, 400W inverter, hood protector... I just don't think in today's market there is anything that compares value-wise.
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After waiting a year, I think the wheels would just about have to fall off on the test drive for me to turn down my Maverick!! I will take a test drive for things like alignment and to see how it handles. But I am KEEPING it. Knowing that resale is possible, helps though.

Glad all went well. We usually just hear when there are problems. Enjoy your truck! (y)

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my hybrid XLT in August of 2021, at Spirit Ford in Dundee Michigan. I walked out of there with a printed sheet showing my price, but I put no money down. In the next few months, I contacted them a couple of times, offered to put some money down (I felt it would make it more legally binding) but they assured me that wasn't necessary.
Another 6 months of reading horror stories about other dealers and other deals gone bad had me concerned, and then eventually I decided that until I had the thing home in my driveway, I just wouldn't believe it.
Today I picked up my Maverick, and except for the locking wheel nuts, which added a few hundred bucks, they absolutely stuck to their promised price. I cannot believe it.. So props to them and a hearty recommendation from me to anyone still looking for a dealer in Southeast Michigan.
I realized when I was getting in to drive it home, that until THAT MOMENT, I had not even TOUCHED a Maverick. Crazy! When I walked into the dealership the saleswoman asked if I wanted to "test drive" it before signing everything. I said, hell no, if I don't like it, I'll just turn around and sell it for more than I paid. I got some kind of Z plan or something from a friend of mine, and so I was under $25k for my Mav, with the Hot Pepper Red option, the trailer hitch, 400W inverter, hood protector... I just don't think in today's market there is anything that compares value-wise.
Great news and a happy story all around. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new Ford!
Howdy from Grass Lake MI. ✔🇺🇸

Rew409

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the Z plan anyway ?

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the Z plan anyway ?
Z plan is Ford employee pricing for RETIRED folks...same as A plan...
Howdy from Ypsilanti, will watch for you on the roads...

Sponsored

Maverikkilake

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have nothing to contribute really but I can’t help saying howdy from Ann Arbor! No truck yet here but I’ll wave with envy from the road!

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's awesome congrats! I hope I'm in the same boat when mine comes in soon! I project with everything including sales tax, X-Plan and then $750 Ford rebate I should be around 24,500 before trade in (hybrid XLT with trailer hitch and 400w inverter)!

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congrats, YOU MADE IT!!!

OP
OP
UpNorthBuckeye

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have nothing to contribute really but I can’t help saying howdy from Ann Arbor! No truck yet here but I’ll wave with envy from the road!
I was just there this morning, at the IHA offices at Domino's Farms. Had to see the dermatologist.
When I left for AA my avg mileage was up to 32 or so, by the time I got back (80 mile round trip) I am up to 40.5 mpg on my first 100 miles.

Maverikkilake

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just there this morning, at the IHA offices at Domino's Farms. Had to see the dermatologist.
When I left for AA my avg mileage was up to 32 or so, by the time I got back (80 mile round trip) I am up to 40.5 mpg on my first 100 miles.
Amazing. That’s the best context I’ve gotten on this whole forum! Lol.

Sponsored

Ford Fanatic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT.....2022 F-150...2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Maverick last November and got it in April. 2.0...8 speed...XLT. Same week I got a new F-150 XLT. When I go anywhere I drive the Maverick, it now has 750 miles on it and is averaging 27.5 MPG. I am running 93 octane and the little truck has quite a sporty side to it. 250 HP was something back in the 1900s....like 1965. The F-150 is a 5.0 10 speed. It gets 22 MPG on the road with 3:31 gears. Could Not be more content with the Maverick...it is parked in the barn next to my 1999 Ranger bought new. It has 125,000 miles and has cost me Less than $600 in 23 years. It has the 3.0 and 5 speed manual.
Hope all that have ordered will soon get their truck.

OP
OP
UpNorthBuckeye

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fanatic, I am also happy with my Expedition. I just took it to Columbus and back, a lot of cruise control easy driving, and I did 388 miles at average of 25.4 mpg.
I think I had a tail wind both ways!! :p

Rew409

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Z plan is Ford employee pricing for RETIRED folks...same as A plan...
Howdy from Ypsilanti, will watch for you on the roads...
Dang Ypsilanti is a ways from me . Thanks for the info . You ever get down to Llano , TX ?

Guy_K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Very happy for you! It is too bad that this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Very happy for you! It is too bad that this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
I paid $65.00 for the locking wheel nuts when I ordered mine.
Sponsored