First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 51 weeks to the day I finally picked up my Maverick last Saturday. Today, 1 week later, I get a call that they charged me the wrong sales tax % and need to collect that extra money. My initial thought is "Sounds like a you problem". I financed the loan through my bank so I have no ties to Ford financing. They raised my price from my original 9/17/21 order $1,144. When I asked about price protection I was told "Ford will reimburse you" which I figured was a lie. The out the door price was exactly what I was comfortable paying, so I moved along with the deal anyways, and still feel like I stole my hybrid XL with copilot, drop in liner, and a few extras for $26.5k out the door. The difference in sales tax I believe is about $600. Should I tell them the beat it since they raised my price $1,144 and tell them to take it from there? Does anyone have any official documentation from Ford about price protection if they do want escalate the situation? Am I overreacting?
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After 51 weeks to the day I finally picked up my Maverick last Saturday. Today, 1 week later, I get a call that they charged me the wrong sales tax % and need to collect that extra money. My initial thought is "Sounds like a you problem". I financed the loan through my bank so I have no ties to Ford financing. They raised my price from my original 9/17/21 order $1,144. When I asked about price protection I was told "Ford will reimburse you" which I figured was a lie. The out the door price was exactly what I was comfortable paying, so I moved along with the deal anyways, and still feel like I stole my hybrid XL with copilot, drop in liner, and a few extras for $26.5k out the door. The difference in sales tax I believe is about $600. Should I tell them the beat it since they raised my price $1,144 and tell them to take it from there? Does anyone have any official documentation from Ford about price protection if they do want escalate the situation? Am I overreacting?
Tell them to pound sand, and if they harass you for it, lawyer up. They did not charge you an incorrect amount, their computer system automatically figures that stuff out. THis isn't the first time someone has posted this scenario.... Do not fall for it, they can not repo the truck, they do not have a legal stance to make you pay for it. You signed all the paperwork, you have the truck in possession.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pull up a calculator. Take the purchase price and multiply it by your tax rate (e.g. if your tax rate is 6.25%, take price * 6.25 / 100). Does that match what's on your paperwork? If so, the dealer is making up stories to get you to come in so they can con more money out of you.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you already signed the papers it's there problem. Mazda dealer tried that one on me. I told them too bad
On the off-chance the excuse of miscalculated sales tax is correct, it depends on state/local law as to how that is to be handled. Most likely, even then, it's the dealer's problem since it's their responsibility to collect and remit to the tax agency the appropriate sales tax amount.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just stop communicating with them until they send something in writing, explaining EXACTLY what their claim is. Odds are that will never happen. Go out and enjoy your truck! Don’t let them ruin the new car experience!

Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should have paid the price that was in effect when you ordered. I would tell them you want your price protection, and if they refuse, your choice is easy.

jesusdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Pull up a calculator. Take the purchase price and multiply it by your tax rate (e.g. if your tax rate is 6.25%, take price * 6.25 / 100).
That certainly is an interesting way of doing: price X .0625 (or 1.0625 to get total price).

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell them when Ford sends your price protection rebate you will send them A check.😁
Sponsored