First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have never used plasti-dip as this is my first time at using it. I wanted to black out my ford badges and the AWD letters. I also did not want to spend the $$$ on new badges. So, I bought a can and gave it ago. Really impressed with the overall results. I would highly recommend it if you want to black out your ford badges etc...

Not sure of the longevity of plasti-dip but I would assume it will last a good while if you stay away from car washes. (I handwash my mav and will do touchless car washes for Maintenace.)

So i made a quick youtube video of the process and showing the results. Patience is key! Trying to get the ford letters peeled off was a little pain but doable with the right tools. I found that an x-acto knife worked really well along with tweezers.

Ford Maverick Good Ol' Plastidip for Black Badging pic
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Car washes will not affect it at all. I have had my wheels dipped for years and it holds up well. It's great stuff.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice looking job for a first-timer. Heck looks good period.

I like the look. Might give that a shot on mine.

Thanks.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to know that it lasts long, thanks!
I had an old winter beater when I lived in the Northeast and the rocker panels rusted out. I had them crudely repaired and after I primed them I coated them with plastidip. That stuff held up to carwashes and winter salt for almost ten years before I finally retired the car. I now have hyperdip on my Bronco Sport 18" wheels and it's holding up very well so far. Your badges look great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice looking job for a first-timer. Heck looks good period.

I like the look. Might give that a shot on mine.

Thanks.
Thank you! It is really worth it for the price!
I had an old winter beater when I lived in the Northeast and the rocker panels rusted out. I had them crudely repaired and after I primed them I coated them with plastidip. That stuff held up to carwashes and winter salt for almost ten years before I finally retired the car. I now have hyperdip on my Bronco Sport 18" wheels and it's holding up very well so far. Your badges look great.
Man, thats good to know! I really did not want to do the whole process over again due to it coming off. Glad it will last a while without tearing/ripping. Seems like it is a one and done kind of thing.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Biggest thing with plastidip is making sure you put it on thick enough
But I guess you don’t intend to peel it later so that wouldn’t matter
I like plastidip because it peels off cleanly when the time comes

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did the badges on my Tacoma. They lasted just fine for 8 years and were still looking good when I sold the truck.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did the badges on my Tacoma. They lasted just fine for 8 years and were still looking good when I sold the truck.
I almost got a taco but then the mav was delivered. 8 years is damn good for $9 bucks a can.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Biggest thing with plastidip is making sure you put it on thick enough
But I guess you don’t intend to peel it later so that wouldn’t matter
I like plastidip because it peels off cleanly when the time comes
Yes I do agree. I found that 6 coats was the sweet spot for the badges.

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I almost got a taco but then the mav was delivered. 8 years is damn good for $9 bucks a can.
I'll say that my 2013 Taco was a great truck -- never left me stranded and I got $22K for it when I sold it -- not bad as I paid $28500 fort 9 years ago. But man that thing was a beast... it drove like a farm tractor with airbags. After just a few miles in the Maverick I was already so pleased with how smooth and quiet it was compared to the Tacoma.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have never used plasti-dip as this is my first time at using it. I wanted to black out my ford badges and the AWD letters. I also did not want to spend the $$$ on new badges. So, I bought a can and gave it ago. Really impressed with the overall results. I would highly recommend it if you want to black out your ford badges etc...

Not sure of the longevity of plasti-dip but I would assume it will last a good while if you stay away from car washes. (I handwash my mav and will do touchless car washes for Maintenace.)

So i made a quick youtube video of the process and showing the results. Patience is key! Trying to get the ford letters peeled off was a little pain but doable with the right tools. I found that an x-acto knife worked really well along with tweezers.

pic.jpg
This is one of the first things I did to my truck. I thought the big chrome bezel was too much on my Alto Blue. I did it last December and have run it through multiple carwashes... No problems at all. No scratches or rips. Tip to remember with plastidip is start with a couple of very light coats. That acts like a primer and will make it stick better and more durable.

Ford Maverick Good Ol' Plastidip for Black Badging PXL_20211222_151521672~3

Iceman622

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just watched this video last night. Turned out super nice.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is one of the first things I did to my truck. I thought the big chrome bezel was too much on my Alto Blue. I did it last December and have run it through multiple carwashes... No problems at all. No scratches or rips. Tip to remember with plastidip is start with a couple of very light coats. That acts like a primer and will make it stick better and more durable.

PXL_20211222_151521672~3.jpg
I just watched this video last night. Turned out super nice.
thank you!

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone happen to have a carb grey mav that plasti dipped with gun metal grey instead of black? Wonder how that would look.
Sponsored