First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This happened to me, and i have the emails to prove it, yet some jumped all over me. Dealers are scum! Especially Autofair Ford Manchester, NH.
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to my understanding, the difference between invoice and MSRP on these Mavericks is in the hundreds not thousands.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good news! The Maverick that you ordered and have been anxiously awaiting for a year has finally been delivered to your dealership! Bad news: They sold it to someone else almost immediately, and you only found out when you contacted them a couple days later asking if it had arrived yet.

Yes, this happened to me last week and to say I was livid would be a gross understatement. They say it was a "clerical error" in that the paperwork was sent to the wrong salesperson, who then quickly sold it to someone who was on their waiting list. I can understand the simple human error of misrouting the paperwork, but how that didn't get caught and corrected I just don't understand. So whoever got my carbonized gray XLT FX4, you're welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Naturally there were some spirited conversations with the sales manager. He promised he would make things right, and give me first dibs on any cancellations. I turned down a couple as they were below my original trim level and/or options. I figured I would eventually have to settle for something that was only close to what I ordered and probably in a color that I wasn't wild about. Meanwhile I was waking up in the middle of the night, every night, pissed off all over again and unable to sleep.

So now for the final good news...

Just a few days after this fiasco they had a Mav come available that met my minimums. Actually, it far exceeded them. A Lariat Lux decked out with practically all the options. And it was carbonized gray! The sticker was over $10k more than my XLT order, and that was a problem. The sales manager, true to his word, made me a deal on it: $4k under MSRP. While that's still more than I would have paid for the XLT, I was planning on getting a spray-in bedliner and floor mats and other upgrades (which this Lariat already has), so not quite as much more. Plus it has all the bells and whistles. And I'm a toy guy, so that makes me happy.

So in the end, I think it worked out ok. I probably would have originally ordered a Lariat Lux if the price had been what I ended up paying for it.
Glad things turned out for you. "One door closes and another opens"!

Nittany

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow...a dealer that kept their word AND took a loss on their sale to make you happy?

Not bad. Congrats.
The discount they probably gave this guy under MSRP is probably the same amount that they bumped up the price of the Maverick they sold to the other guy. Just my thinking.
Wow...a dealer that kept their word AND took a loss on their sale to make you happy?

Not bad. Congrats.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good news! The Maverick that you ordered and have been anxiously awaiting for a year has finally been delivered to your dealership! Bad news: They sold it to someone else almost immediately, and you only found out when you contacted them a couple days later asking if it had arrived yet.

Yes, this happened to me last week and to say I was livid would be a gross understatement. They say it was a "clerical error" in that the paperwork was sent to the wrong salesperson, who then quickly sold it to someone who was on their waiting list. I can understand the simple human error of misrouting the paperwork, but how that didn't get caught and corrected I just don't understand. So whoever got my carbonized gray XLT FX4, you're welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Naturally there were some spirited conversations with the sales manager. He promised he would make things right, and give me first dibs on any cancellations. I turned down a couple as they were below my original trim level and/or options. I figured I would eventually have to settle for something that was only close to what I ordered and probably in a color that I wasn't wild about. Meanwhile I was waking up in the middle of the night, every night, pissed off all over again and unable to sleep.

So now for the final good news...

Just a few days after this fiasco they had a Mav come available that met my minimums. Actually, it far exceeded them. A Lariat Lux decked out with practically all the options. And it was carbonized gray! The sticker was over $10k more than my XLT order, and that was a problem. The sales manager, true to his word, made me a deal on it: $4k under MSRP. While that's still more than I would have paid for the XLT, I was planning on getting a spray-in bedliner and floor mats and other upgrades (which this Lariat already has), so not quite as much more. Plus it has all the bells and whistles. And I'm a toy guy, so that makes me happy.

So in the end, I think it worked out ok. I probably would have originally ordered a Lariat Lux if the price had been what I ended up paying for it.
Glad it worked out. Funny, I went from an Audi (lots of bells and whistles) to the most basic Maverick with tow and cruise so as not have bells and whistles. Heck, if they offered roll up windows as an up-charge, I would have got it.
Sponsored