Sponsored

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma Sport
Lots of new good info here… I wonder how many dealerships will be sharing this much information ~ drove an SR5 yesterday and the salesman said ALL the customers know more about the trucks than they do… and yeah, it was a very nice ride compared to my 2012 Sport 👍

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Yep, that is a LOT of good info, and Mr Fox seems to be a very honest person, which unfortunately is not a very common attribute among car dealers. Mesa is less than 300 miles from me, so I think I just found my Taco dealer!

OP
OP

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Does everyone agree with him that 50% of the price is in the drive train and safety!

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does everyone agree with him that 50% of the price is in the drive train and safety!
If it is, we're all paying a lot to have a nanny drive the new Taco! I've been driving for over 50 years and never needed an "assist" to stay in my lane, or ever needed help with my "blind spot", since there is a way to adjust your mirrors to remove blind spots (why do people adjust their side view mirrors to see the sides of their vehicle; the sides are always there), or backing up, including when I drove OTR w/40' flatbed from '73 to 89! That being said, I know that lots of people text and read their emails while driving, or drive drunk, so if the safety features reduce fatalities/accidents, I guess I'm OK with it!

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Good info. It is definitely a tad higher than my previous gen 3 at the hood and bed height, the cab roof is definitely higher and the wheel base a bit longer but I think it is the same length or very close to the 2023 I had based on pulling into my garge

and I can say that safety sense 3 is light years ahead of 2. Love all the settings which can all be on of off independently and the steering assist is pretty good!

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
If it is, we're all paying a lot to have a nanny drive the new Taco! I've been driving for over 50 years and never needed an "assist" to stay in my lane, or ever needed help with my "blind spot", since there is a way to adjust your mirrors to remove blind spots (why do people adjust their side view mirrors to see the sides of their vehicle; the sides are always there), or backing up, including when I drove OTR w/40' flatbed from '73 to 89! That being said, I know that lots of people text and read their emails while driving, or drive drunk, so if the safety features reduce fatalities/accidents, I guess I'm OK with it!
You have been driving a bit longer than me and I agree that people need to always know how to drive without these nice to have tech, but I like the 360 camera when backing up along with the camera and the dynamic cruise control with steering assist. Also love the auto hold button that holds you in place at a stop light! I know it is a truck but these glad the Tacoma has really increased the drivability! Now they just need to give the rear passengers some love such as vents, pull down rear center console, a bit more leg room.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
It's all R & D for the eventuality of self driving vehicles

PYLDRVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
He mentions idling the engine after hill climbing or high speed use and sure enough the 2024 Tacoma Owner's Manual has an entry about that.

2024 Tacoma Good new technical / specs info from a Toyota dealer GM presentation 1708890971062

Soooo, does this mean if I've been going down the highway at 70-75 for a while and I pull into a gas station, I need to let the truck idle before pulling into a pump and shutting it down?

Edit: Poking around the web indicates slowing down to run on surface streets counts toward the "idle" time so by the time you actually pulled into a gas station, you're probably fine. The only real scenario I can come up with is pulling into a rest area off the freeway. That's generally a pretty quick slow down to a stop so you might want to do short idle in that specific case.

Last edited:

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have been driving a bit longer than me and I agree that people need to always know how to drive without these nice to have tech, but I like the 360 camera when backing up along with the camera and the dynamic cruise control with steering assist. Also love the auto hold button that holds you in place at a stop light! I know it is a truck but these glad the Tacoma has really increased the drivability! Now they just need to give the rear passengers some love such as vents, pull down rear center console, a bit more leg room.
I'm divorced and single, and I plan on a rear seat delete so my 100 lb Pitte/Mastiff has some room, and my Bronco doesn't have rear vents and he's been fine even when it's in the upper 90's and mid 20's here, and I miss the versatility of a truck, and like you said, the tech is much better in the '24 Taco than the '22 Bronco, so I'm sold!

2024 Tacoma Good new technical / specs info from a Toyota dealer GM presentation IMG_0273(1)

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure Toyota wants all that info on YouTube :oops:
I was wondering that myself when he mentioned a few things, but I guess they don't make dealers sign NDA's, so I think he's OK!

Drm919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Wonder how many 2024 buyers got the memo on this, seems like a big deal to me
Sponsored