First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bolt was pretty affordable with that tax credit. If it was easy to get when I needed it I would have bought one.

If auto manufacturers can produce compact but still fun to drive EVs like that at a reasonable price I'll be in soon enough.
Meaning the Bolt was affordable because other people paid for part of it through their taxes. I don’t recall any subsidies when cell phones came on the scene. They took over because consumer demand forced manufacturers to produce the supply. These EV subsidies have been going on too long. Either EV has value and the market responds on their own (and without a carrot paid for with taxes) with a demand and the manufacturers respond with the supply, or the subsidies need to go away. My daughter drives an EV car and it’s perfect for her, but it’s not perfect for me. Why should all of us pay for part of a vehicle someone else buys because of the artificially reduced price and not because of the demand?
Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t want EV’s to fail, I want them to succeed. I want the market and consumer demand to decide when and where they make sense. I want government completely out of that. I don’t want government punishing companies for not doing them and I don’t want government rewarding companies for doing them.
I do believe there could be a roll for government in helping with supporting infrastructure in areas where that makes sense.

Again let me say I like them and could see myself getting one but that doesn’t mean they are right for everyone. They are not right for everyone and that has nothing to do with a certain news channel as some here seem to think.
Gas isn't subsidy free but that seems like a different discussion than the premise of this thread.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meaning the Bolt was affordable because other people paid for part of it through their taxes. I don’t recall any subsidies when cell phones came on the scene. They took over because consumer demand forced manufacturers to produce the supply. These EV subsidies have been going on too long. Either EV has value and the market responds on their own (and without a carrot paid for with taxes) with a demand and the manufacturers respond with the supply, or the subsidies need to go away. My daughter drives an EV car and it’s perfect for her, but it’s not perfect for me. Why should all of us pay for part of a vehicle someone else buys because of the artificially reduced price and not because of the demand?
EVs are subsidized because there is a desire to increase the number of people driving them. I'm not interested engaging in political BS here because I've already seen enough in this thread to tell me it would be a pretty fruitless effort to have a good faith discussion on the topic. So I'll just stick to the facts and leave opinions on what's the right or wrong thing out of this.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gasoline is also heavily taxed.
As is electricity plus rate increases to fund construction. the bulk of gasoline tax is to support roads and now road taxes for EVs.
None of these are subsidies funded by taxes in part by people who don't even have own a car.

Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
As is electricity plus rate increases to fund construction. the bulk of gasoline tax is to support roads and now road taxes for EVs.
None of these are subsidies funded by taxes in part by people who don't even have own a car.
If they use public or private transportation they will pay tax, maybe not directly but transportation companies will not just absorb it.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Something tells me the full cost of anything isn't going to be determined in this thread. ;)

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they use public or private transportation they will pay tax, maybe not directly but transportation companies will not just absorb it.
and in the majority those are funded at the local level not by the whole country

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Something tells me the full cost of anything isn't going to be determined in this thread. ;)
Not on this forum.
Someone could try, at their own peril. 😉

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And shut down future EV plans for good.

Ford, and everybody else, is right behind them.

Nobody is buying these things anymore.

Toyota was one of the few manufacturers to be honest with themselves, and the public, about the future of EV’s, when they announced no plans to replace ICE/hybrids with EV’s.

An EV Maverick?
NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
in reality and at this time, hybrids are a logical bridge between ICE and EV.....infrastructure is not close to being capable of meeting EV demand at the levels wanted....range of the EV vehicles is not anywhere close for those other than people that drive very little......charge time is too long for those that drive long distances.....just seems hybrids are both efficient and easy..

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

WSJ had an article about it several days ago as well as a few other honest media outlets.

The EV market is dying for many reasons, not the least of which is that the general public doesn’t want them any more and can’t afford them anyway.

Is Ford currently manufacturing any MachE’s right now? Are there tons of unsold MachE’s on dealer lots?
What part of this don’t some of you understand?

Read my lips: The general public doesn’t want them anymore.

Facts are hard to face when your hopes and dreams are melting before your eyes.

EV Maverick?
NOT GONNA HAPPEN
Then why is Ford building a new plant for making batteries
WSJ had an article about it several days ago as well as a few other honest media outlets.

The EV market is dying for many reasons, not the least of which is that the general public doesn’t want them any more and can’t afford them anyway.

Is Ford currently manufacturing any MachE’s right now? Are there tons of unsold MachE’s on dealer lots?
What part of this don’t some of you understand?

Read my lips: The general public doesn’t want them anymore.

Facts are hard to face when your hopes and dreams are melting before your eyes.

EV Maverick?
NOT GONNA HAPPEN
Yeh sure they are building them new battery plants for bicycles.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.