GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife thinks all trucks are guy vehicles and said she will never drive it.

She also calls all the big trucks compensators.

This reminds me of the 90s era Rangers and no one I know ever made that accusation. Its just a smaller truck relative to the giants we have created in recent years.
Sponsored

akirk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Quad Cab, XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
👋

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't consider this to be a girly truck. I look at this as a fantastic alternative to an SUV. Even my husband was excited when I showed him videos of the Maverick. It will suit our needs perfectly. I'm a commuter, and while the 28mpg my Accord is giving to me on the daily is perfectly acceptable, I'm excited about ordering this in the hybrid version and upping those MPG considerably. It also solves the issue of needing a 4 door truck (gotta make room for the Rat Terrier!) and my husband will no longer have to complain about me having a manual transmission once I trade my Accord for the Maverick. When I'm not commuting, the truck will be used for our weekend camping adventures. Problem solved all around!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on the forum's tracker, 1/5 of the orders are Area 51. I need to do something to my Area 51 to distinguish itself from the others, or risk looking like a fool in the parking lot as I curse Ford's poor craftsmanship when I can't get into my truck, only to then be accosted for trying to break into the real truck owner's vehicle.

I suppose a custom/unique license plate holder would be the cheapest route.
In the late 1980's I wanted a RED Mazda 626 but none were available to purchase so I had to settle on a WHITE one.

Poor choice as my wife commented one day when we left the mall and all we saw were rows and rows of white cars. Took us about 15 minutes to find our car because we forgot which row we parked in.

After that experience we always looked for the letter and number for the row we parked in.

After 11 years of owning the Mazda I corrected the color mistake and ordered a 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab in RED. Loved the Ranger which I had for 16+ years.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“That’s a girls truck!” ~ Guy who then walks out to truck with rubber band tires that looks like it squats to pee.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As the great bards (aka Linda Ronstadt’s back up band) once said “It's a girl, my Lord, in a flat-bed Ford Slowin' down totake a look at me Come on, baby, don't say maybe I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me We may lose and we may win, though we will never be here again So open up I'm climbin' in, so take it easy”
Sorry to interject here but...Linda Ronstadt ROCKS!

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I guess I'll be the only one actually answering OP's question lol as a 25 yo woman myself I totally get what your wife is saying, though I call it a "baby truck". I love that the Mav doesn't look like a big honking construction truck, but just a small, usable everyday truck. I can fit friends, pets, and future kids in there while still getting all my dirt and junk from Lowes in the bed lol much more usable than an SUV with fluffy fabric in the trunk.
I ordered a Maverick as a surprise for my wife because I view its usefulness just like you do, and I expect she will agree and think it's a "cute" little truck. :)

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
I went to look at the 1 Mav my local dealer had onsite. Talked to a young married couple looking at the same one for a few minutes and she said the truck was going to be for her, to replace I think a smallish Hyundai sedan. Guy really liked it too.
I took my wife to look at it and she didn't like the whole "pickup bed thing", though she's Japanese and they don't have a lot of pickups in Japan, so she probably just doesn't get the utility of an open bed in a vehicle.
I think it's more of an 'everyone' vehicle.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Trucks in general are becoming driven by more women then men. But that just like the notion that four seat convertibles are women cars.

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
100% agree, it comes off as an urban truck, maybe even a bit hipstery. Hell even their photo is targeted at our generation.

1629399675027.png

It's a pretty cringe photo but I guess if you wanna iconify that demographic. The fact that there are 4 women in the photo probably helps with the "girl truck" vibe that others are talking about.
You sure its 4 women in the photo ? I thought it was 5 counting the bearded lady in the background.
Oh wait, maybe you are correct, thats not a bearded lady, its Jesus performing a miracle that they got their truck so quickly lol.

Sponsored

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cactus Gray color is for girls

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I wish my Maverick will become a magnet for hot women;)

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A girl can drive whatever she wants. Though the Santa Cruz would be more what I would picture a girl truck.

BullyHayes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Frontier Pro-4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A girl can drive whatever she wants. Though the Santa Cruz would be more what I would picture a girl truck.
Back in the mid-80's I knew "girls" (young women, 20's) who drove dually Fords. And "girls" who drove VW convertibles. You know what, drive whatever the heck you want and ignore the haters.

Except, guys? NEVER drive a VW Rabbit convertible. Just... don't. :p
Sponsored