Sponsored

Get our elected Legislators involved in MSRP hijacking by Direct purchase from Manufacturers. [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m tired of these dealers screwing us with up charges. We can’t buy direct because of laws that prohibit it… so we should get our elected representatives involved. Change the Damn laws, like NJ did to allow Tesla to sell direct, or bite down hard on these dealerships taking orders and beating us up when OUR trucks come in! If we All contact them, maybe they will do something about it.
Sponsored

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m tired of these dealers screwing us with up charges. We can’t buy direct because of laws that prohibit it… so we should get our elected representatives involved. Change the Damn laws, like NJ did to allow Tesla to sell direct, or bite down hard on these dealerships taking orders and beating us up when OUR trucks come in! If we All contact them, maybe they will do something about it.
I just hope you aren't asking why you have to drive so far to get to a dealership when the vast majority all get shut down. I get wanting to cut out the middleman but just know that doing so comes at a cost.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The laws don't get changed because the dealership owners contribute to the political campaigns. Politicians think of the dealers as local small business owners that need to be supported against the evil out of state corporations.

The reason the scummy dealers keep on operating is because people keep allowing themselves to be screwed over by the dealers. It's up to all of us to just say no and walk out.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the STATE politicians that effect local auto consumer sales. And the dealer's lobby has the bribes the politicians as to what they get away with. My state changes the EV taxes every few years to keep the EV and Hybrid dealers happy.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just hope you aren't asking why you have to drive so far to get to a dealership when the vast majority all get shut down. I get wanting to cut out the middleman but just know that doing so comes at a cost.

This is silly. Ford is literally advertising the build your own model. So you build one and it says 28k msrp. Sweet, ill take it! Dealer gets vehicle, yeah well we lied, its actually going to be 35k take it or leave it.

Sponsored

GodFatherofTech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Vette, '69 C10, HD Trike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is silly. Ford is literally advertising the build your own model. So you build one and it says 28k msrp. Sweet, ill take it! Dealer gets vehicle, yeah well we lied, its actually going to be 35k take it or leave it.

See Harley Davidson.

HD's web site has MSRP/List, but you can't buy them for that if the model is a hot commodity.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Supply and demand, no one is complaining about the extra 3-5K that their trade in is worth now. If you look at Fords build page theres a disclaimer about actual price may vary. I found a dealer that guaranteed me MSRP with no mark up. The first dealership I tried wanted 5K market adjustment and I told them “good luck” with that you won’t get my business.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
If everything is made to order they could just deliver it like Carvana does now

Sponsored

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If everything is made to order they could just deliver it like Carvana does now
Carvana depends on a network of dealerships to service their cars. If dealerships shut down in mass where are you going to go for warranty work?
I'm not saying anyone is wrong, and I'd never be the one to defend any sales department- just consider all the ramifications.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Supply and demand, no one is complaining about the extra 3-5K that their trade in is worth now.
True... and most people aren't complaining about dealers marking up their retail stock.

What most people are upset about is dealers seemingly (and sometimes explicitly) agreeing to sell for MSRP, then changing the rules when the truck shows up.

I've heard people defend this as "just the way capitalism works," but I don't agree. Instead, I think it's a form of deceptive trade practice (but probably not one that you can effectively sue on).

Just because something is done for profit doesn't make it righteous.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealerships are independent. If Ford says 28K and the dealer you are at won't "honor" that, find another dealer. If you all want to get together a lawsuit against Ford-go for it and I wish you luck. But getting legislators involved is always a bad idea IMHO

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True... and most people aren't complaining about dealers marking up their retail stock.

What most people are upset about is dealers seemingly (and sometimes explicitly) agreeing to sell for MSRP, then changing the rules when the truck shows up.

I've heard people defend this as "just the way capitalism works," but I don't agree. Instead, I think it's a form of deceptive trade practice (but probably not one that you can effectively sue on).

Just because something is done for profit doesn't make it righteous.
If MSRP was agreed to then that is a slime bag move and I don’t agree that practice. That’s more of a bait and switch type crap to lure you in for extra profit.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carvana depends on a network of dealerships to service their cars. If dealerships shut down in mass where are you going to go for warranty work?
Dealers make a ton of money (some say most of their money) on warranty work.

Why would they just "shut down"? Isn't it more likely that they would become warranty repair centers?

And if they do shut down, wouldn't some other businesses step in to profit from that work?
But getting legislators involved is always a bad idea IMHO
I think the problem is that they are already involved. They are the ones who passed the laws protecting the dealership model so they are the ones who can change them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.