Geeting out of Park Issue- Hybrid

Brianfleck1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Several times I have had a difficult time getting my 2022 Hybdrid out of Park. Not sure if this is battery related.
Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like your not using the hand break and/or letting the weight of the truck rest on the transmission.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad, I’m not the only person having difficulty leaving the Park. Seems easy enough just follow the way back out the way you came in. It’s like I think I am aware enough of my surroundings, but must not have been.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Several times I have had a difficult time getting my 2022 Hybdrid out of Park. Not sure if this is battery related.
Try while you have your foot on the brake and after pushing the ready button release the parking brake and then move the dial to the mode you wish to use and then take your foot off the parking brake. I seldom use the parking brake certainly not as often as I probably should.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try while you have your foot on the brake and after pushing the ready button release the parking brake and then move the dial to the mode you wish to use and then take your foot off the parking brake. I seldom use the parking brake certainly not as often as I probably should.
Dang take your foot off the brake not parking brake.😭

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm my case it ended up being the 12v battery. My guess is the drive mode selection is electricity actuated and a weak battery can cause this as well as many other strange issues on the hybrids.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm my case it ended up being the 12v battery. My guess is the drive mode selection is electricity actuated and a weak battery can cause this as well as many other strange issues on the hybrids.
I don't see how this makes sense, since when the hybrid mav is "On", much of the electrical system is being powered by ~14.5v coming from the DC-DC converter, not from the 12v battery. I could easily be wrong about that assumption applying to specific parts of the system but that's my understanding.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have a good answer to that other than the issue seemed to be resolved with a new battery. It may be that the 12v powers relays or modules that control that converter. It's only been a day or two and my issue may possibly come back and the 12v was not the fix. When the battery was going I noticed all sorts of strange things happening. One interesting thing is that I see more lights on inside and outside. Before I had no interior lights when I opened the door, and upon exiting I now get the parking lights on for a few seconds. I'm not familiar with this model or the hybrid system, but from my experience the 12v is critical to a number of functions and changing drive modes appears to be one of them. Also thanks to the information from this group I've disabled all types of updates and features that can drain the battery while parked.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have a good answer to that other than the issue seemed to be resolved with a new battery. It may be that the 12v powers relays or modules that control that converter. It's only been a day or two and my issue may possibly come back and the 12v was not the fix. When the battery was going I noticed all sorts of strange things happening. One interesting thing is that I see more lights on inside and outside. Before I had no interior lights when I opened the door, and upon exiting I now get the parking lights on for a few seconds. I'm not familiar with this model or the hybrid system, but from my experience the 12v is critical to a number of functions and changing drive modes appears to be one of them. Also thanks to the information from this group I've disabled all types of updates and features that can drain the battery while parked.
I suppose that we need to carry a jump box to provide 12v using the posts under the hood to power relays to place in neutral "tow me" mode. Or maybe hvb will have enough sic to start ice

Sponsored

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use the parking brake all the time. The nice part is, you can shift into gear and the parking brake auto releases when you step on the accelerator.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another thing that can lock up the shift dial is if you inadvertently lock the steering wheel getting in and out of the car. My wife has done this a number of times. Check to make sure the steering wheel is free.