First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD 18" rims Cactus Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About 1 gallon or 31.5 miles. In other words, it showed 0 miles to empty and went 31.5 more miles. The dash picture is with the tank totally empty (it died and wouldn't start). I reset trip 2 when it was showing zero miles to empty.

Ford Maverick Gas reserve when at zero. 20220621_090313
Sponsored

Last edited:

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love me some sediment suck, thanks for testing this out it's always nice to know ballpark figures at the least

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not unusual at all. Last car said zero still had another 1.5 gallons of gas in it.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 17 Tucson says Zero miles left with 3 gallons.....or about 75 miles. Kinda freaks people out when I been driving for a while with the yellow gas light on but knowledge is power.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fuel keeps your fuel pump cool and keeps it from failing prematurely. I will never understand why people run their tanks low.

Sponsored

WhiteMaverick12

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to know just in case. Thanks!

emkobg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fuel keeps your fuel pump cool and keeps it from failing prematurely. I will never understand why people run their tanks low.
How to fry a fuel pump 101. And just fyi the computer has a log of how many miles it was driven after the computer showed 0 miles till empty. And that is how your warranty claim gets turned down.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I usually fill up at 1/4 tank keep pump happy minimize sloshing stiring up any stuff. Also to be prepared to sit somewhere for at least hour while wreck or construction has road closed.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As long as we make it clear that we appreciate OP telling us for the unlikely event any of us find ourselves in an emergency, and that we shouldn't hate them for experimenting. I doubt they'd do this everytime just for the laughs.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to know about the 18 gallons. Think about how much time it takes to get gas. The lower you get the less time you spend going to the gas station. Typically I go at 50 miles left to empty, except on freeway then 100 miles. Also, don't rely on what the computer indicates. Shit happens and you could run out with 10 miles showing left to go. Additionally be kind to your fuel pump. As far as sediment goes the pickup is at the tank low point where all the sediment goes. Now I have on my crash helmet waiting for all the comments.

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe the E - - - - F need to be explained to some drivers. This reminds me of my neighbors wife drove their new Pontiac ( yes, old story ) with the red oil light on until the enginee ceased up. She thought the red light meant it was full. Yes; these people really do exist and drive cars

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe the E - - - - F need to be explained to some drivers. This reminds me of my neighbors wife drove their new Pontiac ( yes, old story ) with the red oil light on until the enginee ceased up. She thought the red light meant it was full. Yes; these people really do exist and drive cars

OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD 18" rims Cactus Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to know about the 18 gallons. Think about how much time it takes to get gas. The lower you get the less time you spend going to the gas station. Typically I go at 50 miles left to empty, except on freeway then 100 miles. Also, don't rely on what the computer indicates. Shit happens and you could run out with 10 miles showing left to go. Additionally be kind to your fuel pump. As far as sediment goes the pickup is at the tank low point where all the sediment goes. Now I have on my crash helmet waiting for all the comments.
I'm at 6800 miles, I doubt there's much sediment and that's what the strainer bag over the pump/pickup is for. Most stock EFI tanks pumps amps are 3-5 amps. That's 30 to 60 watts. I think as long as there's gas to be pumped, it will be fine. Even if you let it run out of gas and didn't turn the key off, nowhere in the manual is a warning for that. How could Ford deny a pump warranty? I think it only runs for 5 seconds when the motor stops anyway, if that.
Sponsored