22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know with forscan we can unlock certain drive modes and I would love nothing more than to get Sport mode in my 22 FX4 awd, as I feel like it might be a lil more spirited driving. My question is this, is Sport mode basically the same as Tow mode on the FX4? I know I have tried Tow a few times and it seems peppier and the transmission shifts better to me. I was just curious what everyone's thoughts were?
Sponsored

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know with forscan we can unlock certain drive modes and I would love nothing more than to get Sport mode in my 22 FX4 awd, as I feel like it might be a lil more spirited driving. My question is this, is Sport mode basically the same as Tow mode on the FX4? I know I have tried Tow a few times and it seems peppier and the transmission shifts better to me. I was just curious what everyone's thoughts were?
I believe they are similar but not the same. Sport mode seems to give much more throttle response than tow mode. Also MPG is lower than tow mode. I have heard rumors that sport mode also changes the resistance in the steering to make it more sporty, but I don't have any proof.

For me tow mode seems to just hold gears longer and upshift going downhill to save brakes. It doesn't seem to have the initial throttle response like sport mode has.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watch how the power is distributed in the AWD screen. If the modes are the same (which they aren't) the power will distribute the same in both modes when driving.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe they are similar but not the same. Sport mode seems to give much more throttle response than tow mode. Also MPG is lower than tow mode. I have heard rumors that sport mode also changes the resistance in the steering to make it more sporty, but I don't have any proof.

For me tow mode seems to just hold gears longer and upshift going downhill to save brakes. It doesn't seem to have the initial throttle response like sport mode has.
TOW mode seems kind of clunky to me- Just holds high rpms- Not very sophisticated

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's not the same.

Sponsored

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TOW mode seems kind of clunky to me- Just holds high rpms- Not very sophisticated
Tow isn't ment to just drive around in...
It's ment for hauling a load...
I use to have a 2014 f350 Lariat for work .. And would haul a gooseneck trailer with eather 4' concrete forms and a skid loader... Or a mini excavator... Both loads had the same amount weight Around 13k lbs... It will hold lower gear longer during acceleration for the power... And will downshift sooner when u take ur foot off the gas to let the transmition help with slowing down the vehicle.. So u don't use quite as much on the brakes.... But it's not something I would ever use just driving around with out a load.... About the only lime I ever did that was when I had to have the brakes done and u could hear that one pad was gone and it was grinding the rotor... Then I used it so it wasn't as hard on the brakes. Till I got the truck in 2 days later to get new brakes and rotors

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tow isn't ment to just drive around in...
It's ment for hauling a load...
I use to have a 2014 f350 Lariat for work .. And would haul a gooseneck trailer with eather 4' concrete forms and a skid loader... Or a mini excavator... Both loads had the same amount weight Around 13k lbs... It will hold lower gear longer during acceleration for the power... And will downshift sooner when u take ur foot off the gas to let the transmition help with slowing down the vehicle.. So u don't use quite as much on the brakes.... But it's not something I would ever use just driving around with out a load.... About the only lime I ever did that was when I had to have the brakes done and u could hear that one pad was gone and it was grinding the rotor... Then I used it so it wasn't as hard on the brakes. Till I got the truck in 2 days later to get new brakes and rotors
Yes I understand it's functionality - But thanks. Still trying to decide on which camp trailer -

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be interested in how much I could increase mpg in eco mode vs. my normal snail's pace. I drive like I have a cup of piss on the dashboard so I don't think eco mode can beat me.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks guys, I was just curious. Now I need to find someone with forscan in my area and unlock Sport mode...

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sport Mode runs at a higher RPM (even at idle) and maximizes the power/acceleration in each gear for speed. I am sure throttle response is also better. It is a VERY noticeable difference when you move from Normal to Sport. It's fun, but also lowers fuel economy.

Similarly, Eco mode runs at a lower RPM, shifts into the next gear "early" if you will, which reduces acceleration/power but keeps RMPs low for maximum fuel efficiency. It's not fun at all, but if you are a fuel miser, you'll love it.

Easy to add the modes using Forscan. I bought a $34 cable on Amazon, installed Forscan on my wife's laptop and got the free extended license. Takes a couple minutes and there are plenty of good videos out there that walk you through how to do it. Anyone with average computer skills ought to be able to handle it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only laptops we have in the house are IOS apple laptops. I can download an app for $6.99. Is that what I need?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The only laptops we have in the house are IOS apple laptops. I can download an app for $6.99. Is that what I need?
Unfortunately it only works on Windows. That's why I had to use my wife's computer...

James Bough

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sport Mode runs at a higher RPM (even at idle) and maximizes the power/acceleration in each gear for speed. I am sure throttle response is also better. It is a VERY noticeable difference when you move from Normal to Sport. It's fun, but also lowers fuel economy.

Similarly, Eco mode runs at a lower RPM, shifts into the next gear "early" if you will, which reduces acceleration/power but keeps RMPs low for maximum fuel efficiency. It's not fun at all, but if you are a fuel miser, you'll love it.

Easy to add the modes using Forscan. I bought a $34 cable on Amazon, installed Forscan on my wife's laptop and got the free extended license. Takes a couple minutes and there are plenty of good videos out there that walk you through how to do it. Anyone with average computer skills ought to be able to handle it.
I can't find anyone near me to do this for me and have pretty basic computer skills. Meaning I know how to surf, use word and i can fill out an Excel spreadsheet.

If I buy the device what are my chances of success? 😃

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't find anyone near me to do this for me and have pretty basic computer skills. Meaning I know how to surf, use word and i can fill out an Excel spreadsheet.

If I buy the device what are my chances of success? 😃
High. Especially since the changes can be made in the "Easy" mode where everything is text based.

James Bough

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
High. Especially since the changes can be made in the "Easy" mode where everything is text based.
I have no idea what that means but I'm sure it will make sense when I see it. I'm just so worried I'll F'Up my spankin' new truck
Sponsored