AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello. I put a deposit on a dealer order orange xlt last week. They ordered it in june and said they could still do option changes. They ordered it with awd and the xlt luxury pack. I told them i wanted the fx4 , the 4k tow pack, and fancy wheels.

Now i am having second thoughts on the fx4. It will be mostly a commuter car and i wonder if i will be missing slippery mode. Fx4 doesnt have it, and what would be a good setting in winter.
Sponsored

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My FX4 has a snow/slippery driving mode that works great for the shitty roads in Michigan winters. I don't think you'll regret FX4.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello. I put a deposit on a dealer order orange xlt last week. They ordered it in june and said they could still do option changes. They ordered it with awd and the xlt luxury pack. I told them i wanted the fx4 , the 4k tow pack, and fancy wheels.

Now i am having second thoughts on the fx4. It will be mostly a commuter car and i wonder if i will be missing slippery mode. Fx4 doesnt have it, and what would be a good setting in winter.
It will be missing Eco and Sport mods.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FX4 has snow/slippery mode.

OP
OP
AUDIOZONE

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok.

Sponsored

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure which fancy wheels you ordered, but if its the black FX4 rims, you will have Pirelli Scorpions. If you ordered the optional rim and tire package (extra charge) then it will come with a grey metalic rim and Falken Wildpeak AT3W's.

Having said all that from personal experience with the Pirelli's:

Slippery mode is useful when the road is slick and icy - cuts power to the wheels to help prevent spinning
Sand mode is recommended for deep snow - stays in gear longer and allows for wheel spin. Traction control is partially turned off
If the roads are plowed you will be fine driving in normal mode, just prepare to stop earlier if needed. The Falken's are a much better winter tire.

Reactions: bgn

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Here are the modes straight from my truck. Norm, Tow/Haul, Slippery, these modes are for paved roads. Mud/Ruts, and Sand are only for off pavement, as they could cause problems with the all wheel drive. You can also download a owners manual from Ford on their site. I down loaded a PDF manual back in Sept. 2021. Check various post on the forum if you cant find links, there are many that have this information already posted. There are NO Eco or Sport modes with the FX4 Package. You will LOVE the FX4. Mine has Lariat with Lux, FX4, Tow, Moon Roof. ie its loaded with almost anything that I could put on it. Some might not agree but unless Ford comes out with all wheel drive hybrid, I will not consider a different ride. This is one of the best vehicles on the road. Before anyone says anything about the last statement, Yes I am very biased with my opinion, and am intitled to it.

OP
OP
AUDIOZONE

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I must have gotten a book with bad info. This is where i got the idea. It says for the fx4 option,,, normal, sport, mud/ruts, sand, tow/haul. Probably just a misprint.

Ford Maverick Fx4 option , which mode, in snow? 20220120_161636

OP
OP
AUDIOZONE

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure which fancy wheels you ordered, but if its the black FX4 rims, you will have Pirelli Scorpions. If you ordered the optional rim and tire package (extra charge) then it will come with a grey metalic rim and Falken Wildpeak AT3W's.

Having said all that from personal experience with the Pirelli's:

Slippery mode is useful when the road is slick and icy - cuts power to the wheels to help prevent spinning
Sand mode is recommended for deep snow - stays in gear longer and allows for wheel spin. Traction control is partially turned off
If the roads are plowed you will be fine driving in normal mode, just prepare to stop earlier if needed. The Falken's are a much better winter tire.
I chose the rim and tire package. I was thinking about snowy drives to work when ordering. I may not see it this winter, but there's always next year.

Sponsored

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
On roads the slippery mode will help maintain control. But if you're in thick snow on what would be a normally be a dirt road, sand has been good to me. You lose traction control and you idle at about 2000 rpms, but it seems to be about as close as you can get to full power 4wd for messy situations. You just have to be pretty careful about sliding because it seems to throw 100% power to all four wheels regardless of slippage. You'll have a screen available to see how power is being diverted in your main menu.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I must have gotten a book with bad info. This is where i got the idea. It says for the fx4 option,,, normal, sport, mud/ruts, sand, tow/haul. Probably just a misprint.

20220120_161636.jpg
No

Ford Maverick Fx4 option , which mode, in snow? 20220120_161636
I have an FX4 and the eco and sport are missing so…
Absolutely love my Maverick, I do suggest replacing the Pirelli’s. I put on Falken Wildpeak Trails. Handle the weather VERY well.

Ford Maverick Fx4 option , which mode, in snow? E0E8B853-DCE9-4334-9D5F-01F5B854F746

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20220120_161636.jpg
Probably published when Ford didn't know how they was going to build the Maverick. example at one time they had an all wheel drive hybrid on the build site. Those that ordered it, was later given free upgrade to 2l Eco with the all wheel drive. There was lots of people upset as some had already switched, and had to pay the difference. you can probably read about this in the early posts prior to Oct last year. There have been many changes, and changes continue to happen even now.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably published when Ford didn't know how they was going to build the Maverick. example at one time they had an all wheel drive hybrid on the build site. Those that ordered it, was later given free upgrade to 2l Eco with the all wheel drive. There was lots of people upset as some had already switched, and had to pay the difference. you can probably read about this in the early posts prior to Oct last year. There have been many changes, and changes continue to happen even now.
I don’t believe this is true, they did have the ability to order the 4K tow with FWD...with the EB (not with the hybrid).

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are the modes straight from my truck. Norm, Tow/Haul, Slippery, these modes are for paved roads. Mud/Ruts, and Sand are only for off pavement, as they could cause problems with the all wheel drive. You can also download a owners manual from Ford on their site. I down loaded a PDF manual back in Sept. 2021. Check various post on the forum if you cant find links, there are many that have this information already posted. There are NO Eco or Sport modes with the FX4 Package. You will LOVE the FX4. Mine has Lariat with Lux, FX4, Tow, Moon Roof. ie its loaded with almost anything that I could put on it. Some might not agree but unless Ford comes out with all wheel drive hybrid, I will not consider a different ride. This is one of the best vehicles on the road. Before anyone says anything about the last statement, Yes I am very biased with my opinion, and am intitled to it.
Glad to hear it delivers for you. I know I am pumped to get mine and the snow will probably be gone by then so I won't even get to try it out in the snow.
Sponsored