2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was planning on hitting a high altitude lake in Utah for some fishing and ran into two different vehicles stuck in the snow out of cell Service. Good thing the Maverick showed up!

Used the recovery hitch shackle from ford and the 20 foot recovery strap from Harbor freight. Had just put them under the back seat the week prior. Absolutely love this truck. The vehicles were a Hyundai Kona and a F150.

Guess who made it to the lake 😎

lol this is awesome
Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Used the recovery hitch shackle from ford and the 20 foot recovery strap from Harbor freight. The vehicles were a Hyundai Kona and a F150.
Question of the day, "Will the F150 owner own up to being pulled out of snow by a Maverick? Or is that 'what happens on a road to a lake in utah, stays on a road to a lake in utah'?"

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kinetic Recovery Rope has stretch so it is made to be have slack in it so you can get a running start, it isn’t a tow strap or chain.

now-old.gif
The future is not now, young man. Bubba must be your fourth-grade teacher!! :) In the realm of time relativity, the future does not even exist.

I don't think I will put Bubba Rope on my bucket list.. I do not think it takes a lot of smarts to not take my Maverick out for a spin in the desert. Nor do I find it personally real bright to climb rocks, search for mud holes, or traverse deep streams with my car/truck. Perhaps they design and make ATV's for a reason????

However, whatever pulls your chain, floats your boat, or gives you some feel-good moments!! Different strokes!! So, for all you kinetic energy fans, watch your ergs and joules!!:giggle:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To comment on the validity and safety of the "the dynamic pull". i did this same sort of pull in the snow using a cj7 to get a 18wheeler unstuck. He only dipped his steer tires off the parking lot a bit but the snow and ice was enought to render his 8 traction tires useless. So i came to the rescue it took a dozen hard pulls before i finally gave up and busted out the shovel(the real hero tool). But on the last 3 pulls i built enough speed that the rear end of my jeep was jumping over a foot off the ground on recoil. The equipment used was a raggedy re-knotted harbor freight strap, a hf 10 ton shackle, and bumper built out of scrap metal welded with a cheap $90 harbor freight stick welder. Nothing broke and only the shovel saved the day. And likely his job, trucker was day 1 on the road, week 1 out of trucking school. If he called for help it would have been over for him.​

Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The future is not now, young man. Bubba must be your fourth-grade teacher!! :) In the realm of time relativity, the future does not even exist.

I don't think I will put Bubba Rope on my bucket list.. I do not think it takes a lot of smarts to not take my Maverick out for a spin in the desert. Nor do I find it personally real bright to climb rocks, search for mud holes, or traverse deep streams with my car/truck. Perhaps they design and make ATV's for a reason????

However, whatever pulls your chain, floats your boat, or gives you some feel-good moments!! Different strokes!! So, for all you kinetic energy fans, watch your ergs and joules!!:giggle:
Lol…yeah, the maverick really isn’t a crazy off-road machine..then again, I’ve seen fancy off-road rigs get stuck in snow and even slick wet grass.
The best thing about the recovery ropes is that it applies the force in a smoother way do to the stretch and recoil over a period of time, plus you are less likely to get the pulling vehicle stuck to since it can get momentum prior to the weight of the stuck vehicle pulling on it unlike non-stretching ropes/straps.

I see them in the same light as traction boards, don’t plan on putting myself in the position to use them, but good to have if I mess up on the beach and the tide is coming in. Plus it is nice to help others as well. Not unlike keeping a good med kit in your vehicle,

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a bit of advice for those who are inclined to do recoveries. If I posted this earlier on this thread, apologies, but it's worth repeating.

Reactions: bgn

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kinetic Recovery Rope has stretch so it is made to be have slack in it so you can get a running start, it isn’t a tow strap or chain.

Had a Bubba rope in my cj7 for almost 10 years, used many times to help someone out.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was planning on hitting a high altitude lake in Utah for some fishing and ran into two different vehicles stuck in the snow out of cell Service. Good thing the Maverick showed up!

Used the recovery hitch shackle from ford and the 20 foot recovery strap from Harbor freight. Had just put them under the back seat the week prior. Absolutely love this truck. The vehicles were a Hyundai Kona and a F150.

Guess who made it to the lake 😎

Is this in or near Park City? I can't believe we still have this much snow in basically June. Utah weather man, it's 15 degrees and snowing one day, and the next it's 85.

OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this in or near Park City? I can't believe we still have this much snow in basically June. Utah weather man, it's 15 degrees and snowing one day, and the next it's 85.
This is the road up to Smith and Morehouse Reservoir. Not far from Park city. And yes typical Utah weather 😂
Sponsored