801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was planning on hitting a high altitude lake in Utah for some fishing and ran into two different vehicles stuck in the snow out of cell Service. Good thing the Maverick showed up!

Used the recovery hitch shackle from ford and the 20 foot recovery strap from Harbor freight. Had just put them under the back seat the week prior. Absolutely love this truck. The vehicles were a Hyundai Kona and a F150.

Guess who made it to the lake 😎

Sponsored

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, would love to see a video of this. Oops, I guess you know it does not seem to be showing up???

Wait, I did get a download of a video by hitting the arrow, so maybe that is as good as it gets??

OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, would love to see a video of this. Oops, I guess you know it does not seem to be showing up???

Wait, I did get a download of a video by hitting the arrow, so maybe that is as good as it gets??
Let me know if its embedded now instead of an external download.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let me know if its embedded now instead of an external download.
Videos are now available. Looks good, but I am not sure I am enthused about the slack in the strap and the resulting jerk. Sort of testing things out for the weakest point, IMHO. Just for fun, the next time the situation arises, you might try getting the strap taut and then pulling. You can go back to a little slack if that does not work. My two cents.
Thanks for the videos!!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Videos are now available. Looks good, but I am not sure I am enthused about the slack in the strap and the resulting jerk. Sort of testing things out for the weakest point, IMHO. Just for fun, the next time the situation arises, you might try getting the strap taut and then pulling. You can go back to a little slack if that does not work. My two cents.
Thanks for the videos!!!!
So we did try pulls with no slack at first but it was just too much mud and snow. Dynamic pulls were the only option to move the vehicles. This is relatively safe using the correct shackles and straps and pull points.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Dynamic Pulls"??? Now I am about as old as dirt, but somehow that term seems like someone trying to blow smoke up a certain part of my anatomy!!! 🤔:) Perhaps it is a commonly used term?? I am familiar with the term in reference to exercise, not to using a pull strap from one vehicle to another. Now I have done it as pictured before (not that much slack) and sometimes it may be necessary, but as you say, when this is done, it is 'Relatively Safe"!! :cautious:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cheers to that - Will be up in the Uinta's after most of the white stuff goes away -

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Dynamic Pulls"??? Now I am about as old as dirt, but somehow that term seems like someone trying to blow smoke up a certain part of my anatomy!!! 🤔:) Perhaps it is a commonly used term?? I am familiar with the term in reference to exercise, not to using a pull strap from one vehicle to another. Now I have done it as pictured before (not that much slack) and sometimes it may be necessary, but as you say, when this is done, it is 'Relatively Safe"!! :cautious:
AKA = "Dynamic Enhanced Strapping" ( was also used by my HS Football Coach" 😂

OP
OP

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the term "relatively safe" is appropriate here with the right equipment and procedures. I wouldn't say there is a single recovery process that is 100% safe. There is always a level of risk in every recovery.

OceanMan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3 now Maverick soon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty sure this kind of recovery kit is designed for a "slack snap" to dislodge a stuck vehicle

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kinetic Recovery Rope has stretch so it is made to be have slack in it so you can get a running start, it isn’t a tow strap or chain.

Ford Maverick FX4 Maverick to the rescue! (x2) recoveries in the snowy mountains of Utah now-old
Sponsored