Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know what the part number is or what it’s actually called for the plastic vent that is supposed to direct air to the PTU? Need a replacement as mine must have gotten caught on something and got broken off…. Also the “felt” liners for the drivers side if anyone has the part numbers for those, thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So little update, I had to order the entire engine shield in order to get the ptu vent as they don’t sell that by itself, didn’t think much of it as it actually ended up being pretty cheap, or so I thought….. engine shield the parts guy ordered showed up and it was just the regular felt lined engine shield instead of the fx4 skid plate. I of course reject it and ask the parts guy if he can look up the correct one for the fx4 and try as he might, the ford parts system does not list a replacement for the fx4 skid plate, so again I’m asking, does anyone know what the part number is for the fx4 engine skid plate?

p.s.

in case anyone runs into the same thing, the wrong part number is LX6Z6775R

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed the shield on my FX4 during the first oil change and stored it. I will use it only when I go offroading. I feel better airflow overall is much better.

OP
OP

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed the shield on my FX4 during the first oil change and stored it. I will use it only when I go offroading. I feel better airflow overall is much better.
Personal preference, but also have to take into account road debris, never know when some idiot in front of you is gonna have something drop off the back of their truck and puncture your oil pan

Sponsored

Dooleyjac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick fx4 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im
So little update, I had to order the entire engine shield in order to get the ptu vent as they don’t sell that by itself, didn’t think much of it as it actually ended up being pretty cheap, or so I thought….. engine shield the parts guy ordered showed up and it was just the regular felt lined engine shield instead of the fx4 skid plate. I of course reject it and ask the parts guy if he can look up the correct one for the fx4 and try as he might, the ford parts system does not list a replacement for the fx4 skid plate, so again I’m asking, does anyone know what the part number is for the fx4 engine skid plate?

p.s.

in case anyone runs into the same thing, the wrong part number is LX6Z6775R

Did you find the part number? I have the same problem .. lost it on a trail

OP
OP

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
unfortunately no, to this day i still havent been able to dig up this information from any of the dealers near me as they all insist that such a thing does not exist for the Maverick as far as the steel bash plate

AltoBlueLariat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any update here on the the skid plate PTU diverter part number? Mine is missing after the last dealer oil change. Maybe it just fell off.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone ever come up with a part number for the PTU air scoop that mounts on the FX4 skid plate? I talked to my local dealer and he acted like it was available but refused to give me a part number. I'm a little tired of dealing with Ford issues and poor dealer support.

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is bogus, a cheap plastic scoop that falls off and Ford can't give you a part number. My dealer (Western Slope Ford in Grand Junction, Colorado) looked up the part and yes indeed it does exist but costs $80. Why replace a cheap hunk of overpriced plastic. On top of that, they won't give out the part number. No doubt that is in retaliation for the fact they know I'm going to look it up online and buy from the cheapest Ford dealer in the US. That kind of underhanded business won't keep me as a customer. I'll make my own PTU scoop that will be better than the cheapass Ford one. I fabricate things out of heavy gauge aluminum all the time.

Reactions: bgn

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to seeing your craftsmanship @Kenny , I love DIY